Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

For anyone seeking reassurance that there are some honest upright folks out there, yesterday finally we took delivery of our Girl Scout cookies. It's got to be about a month since we ordered them, but I never lost faith that we were dealing with a good scout here. Well, not completely at least.

Thin Mint Links! Thanks Ant.
Stories: Police Find Alleged Home Burglar Asleep.
Call a Plumber! Hordes of Hashish Clog Courthouse Toilet.
About 200 Grads Caught Skinny Dipping.
Science!: Paralyzed Mice Walk Again.
Army's Autonomous Fighting Bots Bound to Roll All Over You.
Arctic Sea Ice Melting Faster, a Study Finds (registration required). Thanks Mike Martinez.
Media: Tiger in Stealth Mode. Yikes!
GI Joe Adventure team (unseen commercial).
1967 stop motion: Stop, Look and Listen.
Teh Funny: UserFriendly.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 3, 2007, 10:01 Ecthelion

The Simpson’s movie will suck. They should have stopped the show 10 seasons ago.
The show isn't as funny as it used to be (interesting how it started declining in quality when Phil Hartman died), but I'd still take the worst episode of The Simpsons over the best episode of Family Guy any day. At least The Simpsons kept flashbacks to a minimum and didn't keep slightly funny jokes going for minutes on end. They made a Family Guy "movie" and a movie based on one of those Adult Swim cartoons (they all seem kind of the same) so we Simpsons fans deserve a movie too. It may not be as intelligent as the earlier episodes, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it. If it actually "sucks" to the rest of the world (i.e. unconverted Simpsons heathens), so be it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 2, 2007, 13:28 Ratty

Children of Men is incredible. It's one of the few DVDs I'm tempted to buy.

I wonder if there is a word for when your Netflix queue only has mediocre so-so things in it that you sort of want to see but maybe not. Like after you've seen all the movies you want to see, all the TV shows. What's left is weird foreign movies you have to be in the mood to see and you're actually disappointed when it comes in the mail cause you were hoping to get something better.

My queue is like that now. Everything on it is only so so or something I have to be in a certain mood to see. It's depressing. Thinking of dropping down to the 4 a month plan.

34. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 2, 2007, 08:59 Enahs

Children Of Men has been at the top of my NetFlix queue for a few weeks now. I have had 3 movies here for a while, just finally watched them the past few days. So, Children Of Men better be good or I'll cut you!

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

33. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 2, 2007, 01:02 Creston

Movies, great list Enahs.

Shrek 3, Pirates 3, yes. Although 170 minutes is insane, what the hell are they doing? It better be at LEAST 140 minutes of Kiera Knightley in ridiculously tight outfits though. And 30 minutes of Cpt Jack. 1,7 seconds for everyone else.

New Die Hard movie, I guess this is the new thing in Hollywood. Resurrect 20 year old franchises with the same, now decrepit, "action" star. Not holding out much hope.

Oceans 13, I loved 11, but 12 sucked gigantic fucking monkey balls. What a bullshit movie. It'd have been better if the whole thing had wound up a dream by Danny Ocean or something. So now a 13? I'll pass.

Bourne rocks. I'm not that bothered by the sped up fight scenes, it at least makes it look fairly cool. What else do you want, Matt Damon fighting at slow ass speed, and we're supposed to believe he's a badass ninja?
As for political comments, who cares. All actors are morons who think they are somehow interesting to the rest of the world.
At least he's a good actor, I realised I've been watching a ton of his movies lately.

Transformers. Okay, just one thing. If you motherfuckers kill Optimus Prime again, I... I mean... there will... look, it will just be really, really bad, okay?

Spiderman 3. Venom looks pathetic.

Creston

On the topic of movie: did anyone see Children of Men?

That movie is fucking AWESOME. That director with the crazy name is one steely eyed missile man. Great movie.

Pan's Labyrinth comes out on DVD on the 15th, I've heard from some guys at work that it's really cool, but haven't seen it yet.

This comment was edited on May 2, 01:04.

32. Re: Girl Scout Cookies + Entourage May 2, 2007, 00:54 Creston

And yeah, I too am WAY overdue for a format/reinstall

You untechnical plebes...

Repeat after me : Ghost Is My Friend.

Creston

31. Re: Wiiiiiiiiiiiii Costco May 2, 2007, 00:05 Bunko

I really liked 28 Days Later and I don't even like horror movies. 28 Weeks Later looks like it could be interesting. It has that same gritty, overexposed visual style and the virus/contagion thing going on, both of which are big pluses in my book.

Hopefully the Bourne movie will be good. The other two were reasonable.

Hot Fuzz looks really really good. Shaun of the Dead was absolutely awesome. Maybe I'll go see it soon.

I've never cared for the Spiderman movies, despite loving the cartoon when I was a kid. Hmmph.

On the topic of movies: did anyone see Children of Men? That is a really excellent movie. It was kind of a sleeper. Go see (rent?) it if you haven't seen it.

This comment was edited on May 2, 12:29.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

30. Re: Wiiiiiiiiiiiii Costco May 1, 2007, 21:17 nin

Fantastic Four Silver Surfer thing will suck,
No doubt. I caught part of the original on cable a few weeks ago and was amazed how bad it was.

Rush Hour 3
I'm sure it'll be a rehash, and I'm sure it'll still be funny.

Live Free or Die Harder,
Guilty pleasure, but this actually looks like a fun popcorn flick.

28 weeks later. 28 days later sucked
I liked the original, but only because I went into it w/ 0 expectations that it would be good. But like the first, I'll wait until it's on dvd or cable.

Oceans 13
Another guilty pleasure, but yeah, it's getting old. Worse that Die Hard, I think.

The Bourne Ultimatum
The last two was both surprisingly good, so I expect this one to continue the trend. And yeah, the shaky cam close ups have GOT to go.

The Simpson’s movie will suck. They should have stopped the show 10 seasons ago
My thoughts exactly.

Transformers
Extreme guilty pleasure. I don't see any way how this could actually be good, yet I'm sure somehow, I'll end up in the theatre.

Woke up at 2 AM and had to puke. This f*cking sucks. I hate being sick

Hope ya get to feeling better BD!

As other comic purists will tell you they have been spot on keeping it true to the comics, unlike the Xmen movies.
What??? As far as Spidey goes, they decided to have him secrete his webbing naturally, which is totally against the books. And which part of Xmen was out of order? 3 was about Dark Phoenix, which was a huge story in the books. I mean, they didn't go frame for frame, but the basis was there, and I thought they did a good job at it (considering they were on director #3 by the time the camera finally rolled).

This bundle comes with Zelda, Wii Sports, two remotes, and a nunchuk for $329. I have no idea if that's a good deal or not, although I figure it probably is coming from Costco and all, so I grabbed one.
That's a very good deal. The console is normally $250, and the games are normally $50 each, and that extra remote should have set you back another $40. So yeah, you got a great deal...

Let us know what you think!

-----------------------------------------------------
Listen, now: http://yearzero.nin-thespiral.com/FLJoi4gjw2f/player.html
This comment was edited on May 1, 21:22.

29. happy janitors May 1, 2007, 20:32 space captain

"hey boss, we found 60- i mean 30 pounds of hash in these pipes!!"

Go forth, and kill!

28. Wiiiiiiiiiiiii Costco May 1, 2007, 20:25 WarPig

Stopped by Costco after work to check out LCD TV's (possible Mother's Day gift) and lo and behold, a whole pallet of Wii's! This bundle comes with Zelda, Wii Sports, two remotes, and a nunchuk for $329. I have no idea if that's a good deal or not, although I figure it probably is coming from Costco and all, so I grabbed one. The sales girl asked if I had been waiting for one (not really) because they just arrived today and they were the only units in the area.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass it along in case anyone is looking and has a Costco nearby.

Oh yeah, I also picked up Medal of Honor... AND some Roundup weed killer... AND some golf gloves. So I went into the store just to scope out a future big purchase and ended up spending $540 in stuff I didn't even know I needed. Yes, needed!

Ok, now to set this pig up - and throw out my coffee table, it's just going to be in the way now.

GO SEAHAWKS!

27. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 18:32 Enahs

Now *there's* the Enahs we know and love!

"I have always been here."

You do not love me when I call everybody tards for no real good reason?

Sorry to hear you are sick. Ok, well not really, why do I care?

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):

- W. C. Fields

26. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 18:31 Enahs

Well I'm looking forward to Spidey 3. As other comic purists will tell you they have been spot on keeping it true to the comics, unlike the Xmen movies.

Ohh no, I agree. That is not my issue.

But in the comics, all of the angst and crap that took place in the second movie (which the movie was basically 85% angst crap) took place over multiple editions, so it was not all up in your face like fly’s on shit; and so it was good then. Drama and people dealing with their emotions is great, but 2 hours of angst crap SUCKS.

- W. C. Fields

25. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 18:22 The Half Elf

Well I'm looking forward to Spidey 3. As other comic purists will tell you they have been spot on keeping it true to the comics, unlike the Xmen movies.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

24. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 18:21 banddirector

Only my opinion is of any real consequence.

Now *there's* the Enahs we know and love!

Got the damn Noro-like virus last night. Woke up at 2 AM and had to puke. This f*cking sucks. I hate being sick.

-----------------------------------
Gun control means using both hands ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

23. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 18:13 Enahs

Meh, without those particular little touches, it would've been like any other action movie out there.

No, it would not of been. They would have been much better.
They where decently written, had lots of suspense and intrqgue, as well as decent acting. Very few actions movies have that…in fact, that makes it not an action movie. The fighting was a minor part, and it should have been done realistically and so we could enjoy it.

You are a tard for liking that, everything else about the movie was moderately believable and good, that crap was just a distraction. You are a tard^2. Only my opinion is of any real consequence.

- W. C. Fields

22. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 17:59 Retired

And once again, I'd like to point out that everyone should go see Hot Fuzz. Great flick...

Ah shit - that out already?
That was the only one I am willing to go to a theatre for (insert my long ramblings about morons in theatres) - and I was out of town the weekend it opened....

oh well, afternoon cinematic for the win - and discount.

Gun Control isn't about guns. It's about control.

21. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 17:58 Masa

#

# The Bourne Ultimatum, I really liked the Bourne series so far, and as long as they do not do the stupid super speeding up fight crap as in the first one or the so shakey cam we can not see anything fights scene in the second one it should be enjoyable.

Meh, without those particular little touches, it would've been like any other action movie out there.

20. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 17:50 Enahs

Pirates could be good. The problem is, the #1 thing people didn't like about the second one was it was too long, and I read a week or two ago @ darkhorizons that the running time for 3 is...170 minutes!!!!!

Damn, that is 20 minutes longer the the second one, and it was too damn long.

Summer Movies, and go:

• Fantastic Four Silver Surfer thing will suck, even though the silver surfer was always a cool character.

• Rush Hour 3 while I enjoy jackie chan, he is well over 50 and broken to many bones, he can not do the great stunts we all love him for. It will be at best enjoyable, but it will not be horrible

• Live Free or Die Harder, I always likes the Die Hards, and loved Bruce Willis character and how he portrayed him. If he can just fight terrorists and kick their asses and not make it a pro America propaganda movie it should be absolutely great. Unless of course they try to make the 52 year old out of shape man do stuff he could not even do when he was in his 20s. Age, experience and smarts should overcome youth and brawns in this one, if not they are tards.

• 28 weeks later. 28 days later sucked, was boring and predictable and done 500,000,000 times, I predict the same for the sequel.

• Oceans 13, the other 2 where enjoyable, but not great. However I am sick and tired of shitty writers thinking it they are cool and deep by tricking us; when they are not tricking us, they are just lying to us and reveal it in the end; like we should be surprised. Boring, stupid. Write something intriguing and suspenseful, do not just write crap then go “ohh, it was all a lie, here is the truth, hah hah”.

• The Bourne Ultimatum, I really liked the Bourne series so far, and as long as they do not do the stupid super speeding up fight crap as in the first one or the so shakey cam we can not see anything fights scene in the second one it should be enjoyable. Unless of course as Matt Damon, the tard, has been getting more and more political can not stop himself from making stupid political statements with his movie…if so then it will suck….you Hollywood actors are complete tards, in the strictest sense, everybody should do the opposite of what they think is right.

• Shrek the 3rd….shrek is fun. Should be fun.

• The Simpson’s movie will suck. They should have stopped the show 10 seasons ago. And they can not resist from making stupid one sides asinine political comments, and there will be some in the movie. Everybody who loves the Simpson’s will enjoy it, but it really will suck.

• Transformers….man…just fuck them! I loved transformers as a kid, just fuck them all to hell for screwing with it!

• Spidy 3…ehh…I hated the second one, to much angst and crap…this one looks much the same. *yawn* sucks

• nin is a poopie head

• Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):

This comment was edited on May 1, 18:09.

- W. C. Fields

19. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 17:24 nin

But you tards eat your Girl Scout cookies; and I will eat 3 pounds of fresh strawberries, blueberries and blackberries and get as much calories and sugar as in 3 of your little 1/80th of a pound cookies.

Whatever….

"My strawberries! My strawberries!"

Yeah, yeah...

BTW, Enahs, what's you opinion of the upcoming summer movies? We haven't had a bet in awhile!

I'm hoping Spidey is good, but early write ups I read say it's a bit of a mess.

Pirates could be good. The problem is, the #1 thing people didn't like about the second one was it was too long, and I read a week or two ago @ darkhorizons that the running time for 3 is...170 minutes!!!!!

And once again, I'd like to point out that everyone should go see Hot Fuzz. Great flick...

-----------------------------------------------------
    Listen, now: http://yearzero.nin-thespiral.com/FLJoi4gjw2f/player.html

18. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 17:11 Enahs

The only good cookie is a "white chocolate" and macadamia nut cookie.
    Or occasionally chocolate chip cookies turned into ice cream sandwiches.

But you tards eat your Girl Scout cookies; and I will eat 3 pounds of fresh strawberries, blueberries and blackberries and get as much calories and sugar as in 3 of your little 1/80th of a pound cookies.

Whatever….

This comment was edited on May 1, 17:12.

- W. C. Fields

17. Re: Guurrl Scouts May 1, 2007, 17:04 Masa

Are you serious?

Sure am, I love coconut

GS cookies are usually made locally so in different regions you may find a taste variance.

To be honest, I don't remember them being available where I live, but that doesn't mean they're not available. Thanks for the heads up.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo