E For All Expo Website

The official E For All Expo Website is online (thanks Frans) as home to the gaming show salted for October in L.A. that looks to fill the void left by the demise of E3. Included is word on advance ticket sales and distribution plans:
Tickets will go on sale early through a network of launch partners who will distribute special advance ticket invitations to fans. These invitations will not only allow fans to buy tickets before everyone else, they can also be passed along to two friends for early ticket purchases as well. Stay tuned for more details on the general availability of tickets for anyone who did not score an advance ticket sale invite. For those of you with advance ticket invitations please visit here to purchase your tickets.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: October?
Apr 18, 2007, 19:24
Re: October? Apr 18, 2007, 19:24
Apr 18, 2007, 19:24

The nice thing about the May timeframe was that you could see what was coming out in the next 6 months
and longer. E3 was great for getting a bead on games that were even still a year or two away.

this expo will more or less show you what's coming out in the next 2 months
At best this expo will show what is coming out in a month or two during the Christmas selling season. Because this show is open to the general public, I seriously doubt anything will be shown that is not ready for imminent release.

As for this show, it is dead-on-arrival to me. I never stood in long lines at E3, and it was essentially free. Given that this expo is geared to the general public, its long lines will be unavoidable, and I sure as hell am not going to pay money just to wait hours for the chance to see something which will hit the market in a month or two. Add that to the fact that children will be admitted to the show, and any semblance of this expo being anything like the old E3 or even a real tradeshow is gone.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 19:32.

No subject
Apr 18, 2007, 19:02
No subject Apr 18, 2007, 19:02
Apr 18, 2007, 19:02

Salted expo...yum.

October?
Apr 18, 2007, 17:14
October? Apr 18, 2007, 17:14
Apr 18, 2007, 17:14

Why October? Granted that's right around when the big rush of games for after Thanksgiving, but that's right when they're coming out. The nice thing about the May timeframe was that you could see what was coming out in the next 6 months; this expo will more or less show you what's coming out in the next 2 months since it seems nothing gets released in January - March.

Re: $45!
Apr 18, 2007, 17:12
Re: $45! Apr 18, 2007, 17:12
Apr 18, 2007, 17:12

E for eat shit and die, what a lame idea, palying games for 4 days, give me a break. I want the old E3 back where you run around like a kid in a candy store looking at all the Booth babes and all the great new games coming out soon and talking with developers face to face. What a bullshit ploy this thing is.

Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Re: $45!
Apr 18, 2007, 16:52
Re: $45! Apr 18, 2007, 16:52
Apr 18, 2007, 16:52

so this is their chance to see some strippers dressed up in spandex anime costumes.

And what's really bad is even that is a half-assed gesture on their part. Go to any true anime con and you'll get better eye candy.

E3's really dead though? Hmm...in some ways I don't blame them for canning it, in others it's kind of a shame since that's always been around for the bulk of years I've actually played games.

$45!
Apr 18, 2007, 16:29
$45! Apr 18, 2007, 16:29
Apr 18, 2007, 16:29

It would be cheaper to go to a strip club. The E4All booth babes don't even go topless, what's the point?

Oh I get it, the little kids can't get into a strip club, so this is their chance to see some strippers dressed up in spandex anime costumes.

Games? What games? 90% of the time they won't let you near them to play them, or you have to wait an hour in line.

Let me emphasize again: $45!

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 16:29.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older