19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit
Feb 16, 2007, 23:40
Prez

Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 23:40
Feb 16, 2007, 23:40
 Prez

Carmack is using Direct X for Quake Wars isn't he? He's had lots of good things to say about DirectX 9. He is pretty partial in this imo.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Feb 16, 2007, 22:48
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 22:48
Feb 16, 2007, 22:48

Yet you still claim technical reasons.

Please go take your Ritalin now. Pizza faced kiddies like you shouldn't be allowed to debate on the Internet. Maybe your mommy should invoke those lovely Vista parental controls, and have you stick with posting on MySpace.

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

Feb 16, 2007, 21:20
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 21:20
Feb 16, 2007, 21:20

I find it real funny that you and CJ would believe someone from MS (who is bias, of course) over someone like Carmack (who is neutral).

Carmack fucking neutral? Is that why he keeps pumping out goddamned OpenGL engines? Fuck. You're dumb. And how many times do I need to fucking repeat that I am fully fucking aware that the MS dude admitted to fucking customer milkage? Are you fucking dense? I FUCKING KNOW THAT ALREADY YOU FUCKTARD. Jesus H tittyfucking Christ on a motherfucking pogo stick, dude!!!

----------------------------
*** Born to troll ***

Feb 16, 2007, 20:50
Prez

Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 20:50
Feb 16, 2007, 20:50
 Prez

I'm usually willing to buy a reasonable explanation that I am too technically inept to understand (I'm gullible like that), but this justification for DirectX 10 being Vista only sounds like a load of crap to me.

My games look good enough in Direct 9, thank you very much.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Feb 16, 2007, 20:43
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 20:43
Feb 16, 2007, 20:43

It doesn't hide the fact that money was a motivator, and you're a jackass if you think it was the sole motivator.

And you're totally gullible for believing that shit.

Look, it's real simple... there is no real reason to upgrade from XP, and they knew it. MS had to force a reason.

~The extra security is bloatware BS.
~The OS is buggy as shit. (moreso than 2000 and XP launches)
~A ton of shit doesn't run on it, and some of it never will.

Yeah... brilliant OS. I wanna spend $300 for that shit.

So, they slap a useless, but pretty, 3D interface on the thing... make idiots that are easily wowed go "gah gah"... and twist the arm of the smarter people with the DX10 issue.

If you don't think that DX10 could have been developed from the get go, for XP... you're utterly clueless. It has nothing to do with Vista's Driver model nor what's in the kernel vs. user space. It was an early design decision PERIOD. MS knew back then that the only way they could pump this piece of shit out on gamers and enthusiasts that pay attention to resource usage, was to kill XP support early on. That's the real reason they didn't bother with designing and implementing an XP equivalent.

I find it real funny that you and CJ would believe someone from MS (who is bias, of course) over someone like Carmack (who is neutral).

I think Vista would have been better received if they didn't bother with a 32-Bit version in the first place. If you are going to totally fuck shit up, compatibility-wise... might as well go all the way, instead of this half-assed shit.

I'd be way more apt to upgrade to Vista if it forced developers to create 64-bit, multi-threaded apps, instead of still being stuck with more 32-bit shit being made for legacy compatibility. Now we're stuck with yet another generation of Windows, that makes 64-Bit drivers and apps a "red headed step child" with minimal support. Again... they want to re-invigorate the market... do it all the way... not half-assed.

/shrug

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 21:11.

Feb 16, 2007, 16:33
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 16:33
Feb 16, 2007, 16:33

wtf_man, you're about as fucking stupid as they get around here. The entire driver model and architecture of DX was reworked, and if you think they could simply plug that in to XP without significant changes to XP you're fucking stupid. There's little reason for them to spend such effort updating XP for DX10, especially from a business standpoint. They took advantage of a big architecture change with Vista to improve how DX works. It doesn't hide the fact that money was a motivator, and you're a jackass if you think it was the sole motivator.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/directx_10_graphics_preview/page2.asp

No subject
Feb 16, 2007, 12:07
No subject Feb 16, 2007, 12:07
Feb 16, 2007, 12:07

Any hope gamers have that Vista will fail to sell well are misinformed. Within 6 months all computer makers will bundle Vista exclusively with their systems and slowly, like previous versions of Windows, XP will be dropped and forgotten.

So whether you like it or not, if you plan to play any modern PC games in the future, you'll have to make the switch to Vista. Oh, and might as well pick up that DVD reader that you've been reluctantly avoiding as well. The era of CD's is long past as well, despite the complaining.

Feb 16, 2007, 11:59
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 11:59
Feb 16, 2007, 11:59

Wow CJ, you're my hero! I really long to have your wisdom and vocabulary. Your logic is just so astounding. Can I be an MS Lemming like you? Please? Pretty Please?

Get it through your thick fuckin' skull, moron... there are NO REAL technical reasons... it's ALL about money.

THERE IS NO A-N-D, Dipshit.

It was a way early "design decision". They knew back in 2003 that they were going to fuck us in the ass.

Well... I think I got the vocabulary part down.

Yup. Not bad at all. You should aim at making every other word a cuss word but overall not too bad for a n00b at flaming and trolling .
Anyway, there certainly is an A-N-D because the moment they decided to make DX10 Vista-exclusive, the technical reasons began to arise since DX10 was simply not made with XP in mind.

Let's face it. That MS dude was about as honest as it gets. He admitted that they thought that people had gotten enough bang for their buck out of XP (let's face it again... $149 or $199 or whatever it was for XP Pro in the early days for over six years of having a pretty decent and stable OS ain't too bad) and that it was time to milk folks again. What more do you expect from this guy? He admitted to the milkage. Period.

*** Born to troll ***

Feb 16, 2007, 09:31
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 09:31
Feb 16, 2007, 09:31

Wow CJ, you're my hero! I really long to have your wisdom and vocabulary. Your logic is just so astounding. Can I be an MS Lemming like you? Please? Pretty Please?

Get it through your thick fuckin' skull, moron... there are NO REAL technical reasons... it's ALL about money.

THERE IS NO A-N-D, Dipshit.

It was a way early "design decision". They knew back in 2003 that they were going to fuck us in the ass.

Well... I think I got the vocabulary part down.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 10:44.

Feb 16, 2007, 09:20
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 09:20
Feb 16, 2007, 09:20

After all, many people have asked why they should upgrade to the new operating system. There are a variety of reasons, and being able to run DX10 is a bigger one. Would you agree?
No I wouldn't. I'll upgrade when I have to. Until then XP works just fine for me. I'm not paying £200 to play Crysis.

www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.

Feb 16, 2007, 00:57
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 16, 2007, 00:57

The big deal is that he attempts (very poorly) to mask his "admission" with "technical reasons" BS... as any MS-Shill-Spin-Doctor would.

No, he doesn't. Are you really that stupid or do you just read what you want to read? He said that there are technical reasons AND (A-N-D) monetary reasons. He doesn't "mask" shit. He says that there are several (types of) reasons. The "masking" is only going on in your retarded head because anything other than that would be going against your bias and your anti-MS agenda. Dumbfuck.

*** Born to troll ***

Microsoft Lies About DX10
Microsoft Lies About DX10 Feb 16, 2007, 00:57

MS is, as usual, lying about DX10 not being easy to port to Vista. The fact is, other than GPU task switching and some memory features, DX10 shaders could indeed be ported to XP without many changes. It is the hardware and drivers that are doing the work; DX10 is a way to communicate with them.

What it comes down to is whether or not gamers care about GPU task switching (multiple 3D apps vs. 1) and if a unified memory pool really matters for near-future games, or whether it could all be done on XP.

DX10 hardware works in Macs and Linux as well, maybe someone should ask Microsoft how that is possible considering their claims that only Vista can take advantage of the new features.

"...new customers." is right.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 00:58.

Feb 15, 2007, 23:29
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 15, 2007, 23:29
Feb 15, 2007, 23:29

Ummm... he actually admitted as much, ya dumbfucks, so what's the big dealio, huh???

The big deal is that he attempts (very poorly) to mask his "admission" with "technical reasons" BS... as any MS-Shill-Spin-Doctor would.

Then you got idiot MS lemmings screaming "see? see? they couldn't write DX10 for XP", when we all know otherwise.

It's just more shit stirring over the issue, than really addressing it.

I'm actually happy they made DX10 for Vista only... I now have a reason to stop wasting money buying games and building gaming rigs, when games go Vista exclusive. It's a good stopping point for me!

Feb 15, 2007, 23:23
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 15, 2007, 23:23
Feb 15, 2007, 23:23

Microsoft is probably fucking shocked that Vista ain't exactly flying off the shelves. THEY might of thought it was going to huge but the we didn't go for it like we did in the heady days of the Windows 95 release. Question is, will they force a lot of gamers' hands when the DX10 only games start to ship or will the devs suffer because of an attempt at a forced upgrade?

Feb 15, 2007, 23:01
Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 15, 2007, 23:01
Feb 15, 2007, 23:01

Ummm... he actually admitted as much, ya dumbfucks, so what's the big dealio, huh???

Technical reasons aside, money was also a big contributor in the decision to make DX10 exclusive to Vista. Microsoft felt as though Windows XP customers had received, as Taylor puts it, "good value for their money." Taylor even goes as far as admitting that Microsoft knew that making DX10 exclusive to Vista would certainly bring in new customers. "At some point, the question 'to serve existing customers' or 'to get new customers' is a question every business has to ask itself."

*** Born to troll ***
This comment was edited on Feb 15, 23:02.

Ofcourse it's bullshit
Feb 15, 2007, 21:59
Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 15, 2007, 21:59
Feb 15, 2007, 21:59

In fact, it's retroactive bullshit. The MS fucknut is saying "Well, because of the changes we made in blablabla, we'd have to rewrite XP's kernel to make it work."

Ofcourse, if you had PLANNED on making DX10 available on XP to begin with, those DX10 features would have been written in such a way that a kernel rewrite would not have been necessary.

Hence, it's retroactive bullshit explanations of a decision that was made for one reason, and one fucking reason only : Force Everyone To Upgrade To Vista.

Fuck you, MS Whore.

Creston

Re: One word for Phil Taylor,
Feb 15, 2007, 21:01
Re: One word for Phil Taylor, Feb 15, 2007, 21:01
Feb 15, 2007, 21:01

I seem to remember reading an interview with John Carmack that completely contradicts what this Phil Taylor bozo is saying.

I'll trust Carmack over some MS shill any day.

Re: One word for Phil Taylor,
Feb 15, 2007, 20:58
Re: One word for Phil Taylor, Feb 15, 2007, 20:58
Feb 15, 2007, 20:58

Seems Phil Taylor and Bullshit are synonymous for good reason.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succesion of violent images.
Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

One word for Phil Taylor,
Feb 15, 2007, 20:50
One word for Phil Taylor, Feb 15, 2007, 20:50
Feb 15, 2007, 20:50

Bullshit!

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older