21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

No subject
Dec 22, 2006, 12:42
No subject Dec 22, 2006, 12:42
Dec 22, 2006, 12:42

Oh, and I am not a "turn the other cheek" type of person. I don't care what color/race/creed/sex you are. You come after me or my loved ones, you better bring a big fucking stick.

Listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Squirrel Count: Catch & Release: 11 Shot: 23

Re: No subject
Dec 22, 2006, 12:39
Re: No subject Dec 22, 2006, 12:39
Dec 22, 2006, 12:39

Christians are still a small-minded bunch of pricks who bristle when a woman gets made a Bishop. Like men should have a monopoly on being bungholes.

Now that is just stupid.

The problem with the label "Christians" is that it blankets the whole group. I think if you were to look at each church that has formed over the years you would be very surprised as to which ones are very open minded and caring and those that are very intolerant to anyone who isn't exactly like them.

Here in MN of all places, there are churches that have female pastors. The church I grew up in and am a member of (have not been active for many many years) is very open minded and has great people involved. It isn't a huge money pit like the ones you see along the highway that are bigger than hospitals. You see all walks of life in that church and they take in anyone. They don't care what your religion is or what color you are - and they aren't going to try and "save" you if you aren't one of them. They open their doors to anyone. If I were to become active in a church again, that is the one I would be involved with.

But - when it comes down to it - I don't believe in labels. My education, research, and own experiences has led me to believe that I don't need an organized religion.

It is my belief that religion was created to scare the populous into submission. It is a great tool to have your young be modeled into great people, but you then hope that they become an individual and not a spoon fed adult in their beliefs (I went to a catholic college - it was a nightmare to try and talk to people about religion - no individual thought).

If it makes you warm and fuzzy to go to church every week (depending on your church or establishment for said day) good for you. Just don't be a fucking asshole the other 6 days.

FUNGS 53

No subject
Dec 21, 2006, 20:50
No subject Dec 21, 2006, 20:50
Dec 21, 2006, 20:50

Bleh, this is one reason I avoid religious debates. Besides that a lot of "Christians" really aren't that educated about their own religion, it just comes down to an argument of interpretation. Especially over a religion that more or less amounted to the biggest racketeering scheme in the history of mankind. It always seems to boil down to an "us versus them" mentality when dealing with Islam. Heaven forbid the dark skinned desert dwellers with bath towels on their heads complain about a video game I'll never play, but they find offense. All the while the Christian right is more than justified in complaining about my kid reading about witchcraft in school. Oh my!

No subject
Dec 21, 2006, 19:10
No subject Dec 21, 2006, 19:10
Dec 21, 2006, 19:10

It was a European invention to organise people to hate dark-skinned foreigners. Job done.

in later times yes - but the original use was the Roman empires last dying thrust for world domination - and it succeeded as an entity unto itself.. its always been about socio-economic-political manipulation.. but you gotta go back much further than Europe and the dark ages

the original "bishops" "cardinals" "acolytes" "priests" and so on were rankings that gave access to different amounts of scripture and different amounts of tithing from the general populace, which was collected by the Roman catholic church at large

in general all religions began as a shortcut to a certain geographical population's identity as a "nation" or tribe, and engendered a group identity that was of a higher order, greater than man, supernatural and thus morally superior in every way... "my god(s) is greater than your god(s)" had a much bigger impact than "my city is better than your city" in the minds of the general population, the man on the street - the average dumbass

in fact jehova was originally amongst a pantheon of caananite gods, one of many... some jews decided to split from the rest and thus began the cult that begat the territory wars that still go on to this day

the resultant splinter "religions" are just another kind of gang in a another kind of turf war... a really fucking old and stupid one.. all based around the same monotheistic cult

Dec 21, 2006, 18:42
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 18:42
Dec 21, 2006, 18:42

The problem is a small but vocal minority of muslims who believe not only are non-believers wrong, they are infidels who may be killed. Christians have also been this retarded in the past (e.g. the crusades) but now most accept the general view that people are free to choose their religion (or lack thereof).

Only atheists accept that people are free to delude themselves with whatever religion they choose to follow because only atheists recognise that there is no divine right to be worshipped. It's incidental that atheists think those who actually follow a god are idiots. Bonus points if you can name the big atheist-inspired war we had that wasn't all about smacking the heathen down.

Christians are still a small-minded bunch of pricks who bristle when a woman gets made a Bishop. Like men should have a monopoly on being bungholes.

As an exercise try running for office in America as an atheist then explain to me how most Christians accept that people have the right to choose whether they follow a god or not.

Anyway when you look at the list of complaints that the muslim world has against the West, in general, it's hard to rationally deny them the right to an armed struggle. I live in a country that's just getting over a low key civil war with a death toll in the thousands rather than the millions typical in the Middle East (once the US gets involved) and while I never supported the IRA's armed struggle (unlike a good many Americans who thought nothing of supplying money to terrorists when the spin was different) I always understood their position. I defy you to ask any half dozen of your closest friends and relatives why muslim terrorists hate America and see if you don't come away with "they hate Christians" or "they're jealous of us" as your main replies.

-------------------------------------------------
www.digg.com

Dec 21, 2006, 18:27
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 18:27
Dec 21, 2006, 18:27

Ok - look at it this way. No matter what way you put it - this is a Jesus and God country. Can't really argue that nor deny it.

Imagine if I tried to push Jesus and God rules on those in an Islamic country?

Think about it.

We in the United States have become OVERLY TOLERANT!

Jesus. Jesus? Jesus who said "Render unto Cesaer what is Cesaer's" ie the division of God and state. Or the Jesus who said "Turn the other cheek"? Possibly ironically while plotting a bloody awful revenge against the Romans. Possibly not...

Maybe, just maybe it was the Jesus that said "love thy neighbour".

Meh. If you can find one Jesus-based religion in the US that actually adheres to his teachings I will eat your whatever you want, lovely.

Christianity has NOTHING to do with God or Jesus. It was a European invention to organise people to hate dark-skinned foreigners. Job done.

-------------------------------------------------
www.digg.com

Dec 21, 2006, 18:01
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 18:01
Dec 21, 2006, 18:01

Your personal religion is the one true religion and everyone else's religion is wrong
The problem is a small but vocal minority of muslims who believe not only are non-believers wrong, they are infidels who may be killed. Christians have also been this retarded in the past (e.g. the crusades) but now most accept the general view that people are free to choose their religion (or lack thereof).

Edit: Yes, I'm aware of how simplified that is. But strip away the PC bullshit and it's not too far from the truth.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 18:06.

Politically Correct
Dec 21, 2006, 16:45
Politically Correct Dec 21, 2006, 16:45
Dec 21, 2006, 16:45

This country lost it's sense of humor. Everyone is so PC now, and you get sued for saying the slightest slant against any person or group.

All religions are for the weak at mind, body and soul. If you are religious, basically you lack any sense of reason and progressive thought.

Man created God, you cannot dispute or deny that in any way shape or form.

Dec 21, 2006, 16:41
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 16:41
Dec 21, 2006, 16:41

Ummm... Oh em gee double you tee eff barbeque lots of exclamation points and number ones.

just..

Oh NM.

Thanks for the laugh, Bats!!

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Re: Islamic group
Dec 21, 2006, 16:33
Re: Islamic group Dec 21, 2006, 16:33
Dec 21, 2006, 16:33

STFU

Look, another one of those OVERLY-TOLERANT Americans.

To add something a bit more constructive, I'd say that having games where the bad guys are Islamic terrorists is fair game, because that reflects part of the real world, and the problem is that they're terrorists. But a game where the bad guys are bad because they're Muslims and not Christians is over the line, and I have to agree with the complaints. The game is just spreading hate and intolerance.
This comment was edited on Dec 21, 16:46.

Islamic group
Dec 21, 2006, 16:01
Kxmode

Islamic group Dec 21, 2006, 16:01
Dec 21, 2006, 16:01
 Kxmode

STFU

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
http://www.bandwidthbling.com/
http://music.download.com/kxmode
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

Bomb the Christians
Dec 21, 2006, 15:42
Bomb the Christians Dec 21, 2006, 15:42
Dec 21, 2006, 15:42

Jesus would bitch-slap these Left Behind charlatans himself.

And he'd do the same to George W. Bush.

But I don't believe in Jesus, or any other magical saviors or demigods, so we're fucked. No one is coming to save us. Enjoy.

Dec 21, 2006, 15:40
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 15:40
Dec 21, 2006, 15:40

By all means, tell that to all the Christian groups who try to push their own religion on everyone else or advocate bans on certain books. Or the ones that refuse to understand the concept of separation of church and state. I have a healthy respect for religion and the good things it can do, but religious fundamentalism also share the same intolerable traits across the spectrum, it's not just confined to one religion.

Ok - look at it this way. No matter what way you put it - this is a Jesus and God country. Can't really argue that nor deny it.

Imagine if I tried to push Jesus and God rules on those in an Islamic country?

Think about it.

/edit: Made sure I used the correct word.

FUNGS 53

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 15:41.

Dec 21, 2006, 15:25
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 15:25
Dec 21, 2006, 15:25

I understand they are here for the same religious freedoms that our ancestors came - but they have to understand that their bullshit beliefs are just as bullshit as ours and hold no water or standing in what OTHER people do with their lives.

By all means, tell that to all the Christian groups who try to push their own religion on everyone else or advocate bans on certain books. Or the ones that refuse to understand the concept of separation of church and state. I have a healthy respect for religion and the good things it can do, but religious fundamentalism also share the same intolerable traits across the spectrum, it's not just confined to one religion.

Re: Left Behind
Dec 21, 2006, 14:30
Re: Left Behind Dec 21, 2006, 14:30
Dec 21, 2006, 14:30

Neither of those games have anything to do with religion, so what's your point?

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 14:32.

Dec 21, 2006, 14:23
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 14:23
Dec 21, 2006, 14:23

while you will be blessed for all eternity with a golden palace filled with 18,000 virgins

Who is going to break it to them?
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/12/19/premarital.sex.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

FUNGS 53

Dec 21, 2006, 14:19
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 14:19
Dec 21, 2006, 14:19

they have to understand that their bullshit beliefs are just as bullshit as ours

That's not how religion works. Your personal religion is the one true religion and everyone else's religion is wrong. People who believe in a religion other than yours are sinners/infidels/heathens/pieces of crap and are going to suffer for all eternity, while you will be blessed for all eternity with a golden palace filled with 18,000 virgins and all the brownies you can eat.

No subject
Dec 21, 2006, 14:02
No subject Dec 21, 2006, 14:02
Dec 21, 2006, 14:02

Left Behind -

I am getting really tired of the BS that the "Islamic" groups are stirring up lately. I understand they are here for the same religious freedoms that our ancestors came - but they have to understand that their bullshit beliefs are just as bullshit as ours and hold no water or standing in what OTHER people do with their lives.

FUNGS 53

Re: Left Behind
Dec 21, 2006, 13:44
PHJF

Re: Left Behind Dec 21, 2006, 13:44
Dec 21, 2006, 13:44
 PHJF

Boy, it's a good thing they never heard about Battlefield 2, what with the Middle Eastern Coalition.

Or Command & Conquer: Generals.

------
"Oh how awful. Did he at least die peacefully? To shreds you say. Well, how's his wife holding up? To shreds you say."
Steam + PSN: PHJF

Left Behind
Dec 21, 2006, 11:39
Left Behind Dec 21, 2006, 11:39
Dec 21, 2006, 11:39

Boy, it's a good thing they never heard about Battlefield 2, what with the Middle Eastern Coalition. Especially since the MEC always seems to be at a disadvantage (look at most everyone's win/loss ratio for MEC vs their ratio for USMC).
-Azrael
"Don't Fear the Reaper, fear ME."
http://gamershots.net
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older