XNA Q&A

Gamasutra's XNA In-Depth Q&A talks with Microsoft's Dave Mitchell about their new development platform. Dave apparently enjoys his coffee, this excerpt is about 10% of his first answer: "And the second part of the vision really is all about content. It's great that we've got the tools, and we feel really good about what we're providing here, but the next piece of it really is how do we arm and equip all of the creators in order for them to really be successful with content. This comes in the form of the value added to the rolling momentum that we're going to be instilling in terms of value into the XNA Creators Club, and will come in the form of an online community with access for the members to thousands upon thousands of pieces of content of Microsoft, as well as third party content partners that we're establishing with; Turbosquid being one of the first ones that we announced as part of the press release yesterday."
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

No subject
Dec 16, 2006, 15:05
No subject Dec 16, 2006, 15:05
Dec 16, 2006, 15:05

Is anyone following this XNA stuff? I've glanced at it from time to time, but it sounds like a bunch of hype and/or marketing.

It's designed to unify PC & Xbox development at the expense of everyone else. I doubt it will be popular amongst low-budget devs who don't stand a chance of getting their game on the Xbox in the first place. Unless MS plans to publish them via Live or something?

Re: XNA
Dec 16, 2006, 03:36
SCG
Re: XNA Dec 16, 2006, 03:36
Dec 16, 2006, 03:36
SCG

XNA is great if you want to make games. XNA has little value to anyone else. If you have the art or programming skills, then try XNA yourself.

Re: XNA
Dec 16, 2006, 02:46
Re: XNA Dec 16, 2006, 02:46
Dec 16, 2006, 02:46

Then maybe you're just getting sucked into knee-jerk anti-microsoft hype. Ot maybe not. I've heard some good things from people who use it and a lot of disbaraging comments from people who don't. Need to use your discretion to decide whose opinion is more valid. Or try it yourself. It's free you know.

-------------------------------------------------
www.digg.com

XNA
Dec 15, 2006, 23:56
XNA Dec 15, 2006, 23:56
Dec 15, 2006, 23:56

Is anyone following this XNA stuff? I've glanced at it from time to time, but it sounds like a bunch of hype and/or marketing.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older