Ships Ahoy - Anarchy Online: Lost Eden

Funcom announces the release of Lost Eden, the latest expansion for Anarchy Online, their science fiction MMORPG:
Durham, USA – December 14, 2006 - Funcom announces the launch of ‘Anarchy Online – Lost Eden’, the new quality expansion pack for the hugely successful sci-fi MMO. ‘Anarchy Online – Lost Eden’ brings an awesome range of new features for all level ranges, offering countless more hours of action and fun for all Rubi-Ka citizens.

”’Anarchy Online’ has evolved tremendously through the years, and there are few, if any, MMO games which offer a better sci-fi experience. As we launch another great expansion we hope both new, existing and returning ‘Anarchy Online’ players will fully enjoy our creation,” said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom. “The feedback from the Beta has been excellent and the battle-mech pre-order program has exceeded all of our expectations. Now we simply can’t wait to see how it pans out as all the players are digging into a vast range of fun new content.”

The new expansion is only available digitally and costs 29.95 USD / EUR. When purchasing ‘Anarchy Online – Lost Eden’ you automatically receive the multi award-winning expansion packs ‘Notum Wars’ ‘Shadowlands’ and ‘Alien Invasion’, as well as the classic version of ‘Anarchy Online’!

FEATURE LIST INCLUDES:

* Fight the epic battle for control of Rubi-ka in space! All-new orbital battle stations take player-versus-player combat between Clan and Omni players to new heights.
* Enter the heart of the organic alien motherships! Unleash your powers inside the terrifying alien invasion fleet while exploring mysterious and challenging in-door environments.
* Go to war with missile launchers, gun turrets and call upon devastating air strikes! It’s time to fight for Notum tower control in a whole new way.
* Make the war count! Add your experience points to planet-wide research and gain terrible weapons of war such as orbit-to-ground laser cannon attacks and upgraded battle-mechs.
* Master and use devastating new battle-mechs! Unleash their potential for death on massive player-versus-player battlefields, in space and on the ground.
* Conquer a whole new range of weapons and armor as you battle across Rubi-ka in its darkest hour! ‘Lost Eden’ brings you on a journey ever closer to Armageddon.

Existing ‘Anarchy Online’ customers can purchase the expansion through Funcom’s account pages. Simply log onto https://register.funcom.com and follow the instructions. New customers can order from the Funcom shop at https://funcom.asknet.com/cgi-bin/show/ml=EN More information on ‘Lost Eden’ and ‘Anarchy Online’ can be found on http://www.anarchy-online.com
View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: This game is awesome.
Dec 15, 2006, 03:03
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 15, 2006, 03:03
Dec 15, 2006, 03:03

So the fact that you can get a few mobs to spawn and attack a certain area that's innovative is it - that's enough to replace a series of high level dungeons?

Shadowlands added a ton of content - quite possibly true, unfortunatly it also introduced the hecks which are the 1 and only mob most people kill from level 1-220. How many damn times can you run up and down the same narrow strip of land killing the same damn mobs.

Seriously if you think the graphics look decent then you need to have you eyes and or brain examined. Is this guy in what looks like a basic Jobe suit your idea of decent?

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/downloads/media/screenshots/archive/031106_03.jpg

I really can't be fucked with this anyway I'm afraid - believe it or not it's 8am and I need to get my 3 kids ready for school.

Vegetarian Logic: We'll save animals by eating their food

Dec 15, 2006, 01:35
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 15, 2006, 01:35
Dec 15, 2006, 01:35

Back to classic Hellbinder...

Every single day the posters on this site demonstrate they are ignorant and dishonest. You guys are also petty and immature.

Nope the games he normally plays - written by Mr D Smart - this is hellbinder after all.

I played AO for about 6 months at the early part of last year - it does look like poo, even the much vaulted shadowlands. Also there was precisely 0 content. It is no more then a rather ugly grind mmo - you can get much better for free on the net now. And they may involve killing more then just hecks for 220 levels.

Oh it also sucessfully brings my PC to it's knees in terms of frame rate which EQ2 could on the highest settings whilst WOW could not even make the FPS flicker from 60. (3500+ 7800GT 2GB ram)

Even the AI raids were essentially just 1 instance from a decent MMO - but they sold that instance as if it were worthy of being an addon pack.

You are an outright liar buddy. There is a ton of content. The graphics look more than decent and AI and shadowlands offer a lot of new content. I have played several mmo's. what vast choices in these games are you talking aobut? What spawned events are taking place attacking player created cities? Or organizational wars for Notum fields etc etc etc. This game has everything and then some.

It totally sickens me reading the freaking retarded comments and outright lies you peolple post here on a daily basis. All because you can post whatever lying crap you want with no one challenging you and your mommys dont take away your computer rights.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 01:37.
The Whales name is Bob.

No subject
Dec 14, 2006, 19:58
No subject Dec 14, 2006, 19:58
Dec 14, 2006, 19:58

The base game is free to play. You only have to subscribe if you want to play any of the expansions.

The base game is free, but you can't get any guild benefits or access to many basic things. It is less than the base game subscribers get. You're basically left with doing nothing but the random missions and a few fedex quests, because you will be brutally massacred in PvP by any subscribing player.

Dec 14, 2006, 16:40
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 16:40
Dec 14, 2006, 16:40

The Graphics still look good because of how over the top they were at launch.

Compared to what? Slinging shit on a wall?

Nope the games he normally plays - written by Mr D Smart - this is hellbinder after all.

I played AO for about 6 months at the early part of last year - it does look like poo, even the much vaulted shadowlands. Also there was precisely 0 content. It is no more then a rather ugly grind mmo - you can get much better for free on the net now. And they may involve killing more then just hecks for 220 levels.

Oh it also sucessfully brings my PC to it's knees in terms of frame rate which EQ2 could on the highest settings whilst WOW could not even make the FPS flicker from 60. (3500+ 7800GT 2GB ram)

Even the AI raids were essentially just 1 instance from a decent MMO - but they sold that instance as if it were worthy of being an addon pack.

Vegetarian Logic: We'll save animals by eating their food

Dec 14, 2006, 14:52
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 14:52
Dec 14, 2006, 14:52

I played for a month at launch, but didn't subscribe. I wonder if my char is still there. And, if he is, would I have to subscribe to play him, even though I only own the base game?

The base game is free to play. You only have to subscribe if you want to play any of the expansions.

I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O. -- Tealc
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all drown? -- Bucky B. Katt

Dec 14, 2006, 14:26
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 14:26
Dec 14, 2006, 14:26

The Graphics still look good because of how over the top they were at launch.

Compared to what? Slinging shit on a wall?

Dec 14, 2006, 14:15
nin
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 14:15
Dec 14, 2006, 14:15
nin

Wow, a Hellibinder post where he doesn't post like Hellbinder...

WTF?

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.richardcheese.com/ http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

Dec 14, 2006, 14:00
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 14:00
Dec 14, 2006, 14:00

Thanks

Dec 14, 2006, 13:57
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 13:57
Dec 14, 2006, 13:57

Those are for looks only.

Dec 14, 2006, 13:49
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 13:49
Dec 14, 2006, 13:49

I see large ships over the cities in the screen shots. Can players operate those, or are they for just storyline purposes?

Dec 14, 2006, 13:33
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 13:33
Dec 14, 2006, 13:33

I played for a month at launch, but didn't subscribe. I wonder if my char is still there. And, if he is, would I have to subscribe to play him, even though I only own the base game?

I keep getting tempted to try it out, but the graphics are a huge turnoff. I try not to focus too much on them, but they're just so old. I had the same problem with Ultima Online, which I tried about 2 years ago. I guess I'm shallow.

Dec 14, 2006, 13:12
Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 13:12
Dec 14, 2006, 13:12

I think I'll have to report you to the FTC, Viral Marketer Hellbinder!

Seriously though, I tried the beta and launch it was poor at best, but had a good feel. I'm amazed that it's still going so that must meant hey improved a lot.

This game is awesome.
Dec 14, 2006, 12:20
This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 12:20
Dec 14, 2006, 12:20

Just in case you were wondering this game is awesome.

I recently started playing it again. The game plays so much smoother on modern hardware and Internet connections than it did a few years ago. The Graphics still look good because of how over the top they were at launch. The new content they have added over the last couple updates added huge depth and variety, even over what they already had.

Lost Eden is really going to be awesome with their new counter strike like space PvP battles. Battlemechs etc.

When I started playing the game again a month ago I was amazed at how many players there are. The game is packed. Not millions like wow but there are at least thousands of people on the server all the time. I got into an organization. The members are super friendly and helpful. We have our own player city and shops etc..

This game has really come a long way from the early cant play lag fest days. I personally am really glad i (on a whim) paid 14 bucks and got back into the game.

This is a truly great MMO.
The Whales name is Bob.
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older