WoW: The Burning Crusade Delay

The WoW-Europe.com Forums (thanks ActionTrip) has word that the Burning Crusade expansion for World of Warcraft is now due in January 2007:
PARIS, France -- Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007. By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.

“We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we’re excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.”

Blizzard began the closed-beta phase of testing on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade earlier this month. The January 2007 release window will allow extra time for current beta testers to participate in the final stages of development and continue providing valuable feedback.

Further information on specific worldwide release dates, pricing, and other details will be announced in the near future.
View : : :
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Don't knock it till you tried it.
Oct 25, 2006, 15:12
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 25, 2006, 15:12
Oct 25, 2006, 15:12

Love the game.. and have loved it since closed beta.. much fun.

Now.. do i want to level a hunter to 60 now, or wait and level a Blood Elf to 60? hrmm..
Enjoying the hell out of the end game .. we have 5 bosses down in Naxx..Patchwerk is killing us though.
"Patchwerk want to play"

I have never run out something to do in that game.. god damn i love it.

and I'm moving (this weekend) to Florida and in my new office ther are about 7 WoW players, to include some execs..haha.. too bad they are all Alliance

Oct 25, 2006, 09:27
PHJF

Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 25, 2006, 09:27
Oct 25, 2006, 09:27
 PHJF

Right... but I'd like to see somebody do that in WoW.

"No ENDGAME?!?! I'll IMAGINE one into existence!!111 Take that, Blizzard!"

------
"Oh how awful. Did he at least die peacefully? To shreds you say. Well, how's his wife holding up? To shreds you say."
Steam + PSN: PHJF

Oct 25, 2006, 08:15
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 25, 2006, 08:15
Oct 25, 2006, 08:15

"It reminds me of the film Dark City. John Murdock, the hero, fights his way to the ends of the city only to discover that there is sheer void at his journey's end; a gaping lack of existence that all but entirely nullified the treacherous trek required to reach it."

You left out one important part....and it's probably the most relavent part of the entire movie!!

Spoilers

When he reaches the climax and defeats the antagonist...he returns to the void and uses his imagination coupled with his new found power to create a world of his own out of the void...a world that makes him feel at home.

V
How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

Oct 24, 2006, 21:48
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 21:48
Oct 24, 2006, 21:48

Yeah you're probably right, was giving humanity too much credit.

Oct 24, 2006, 21:40
PHJF

Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 21:40
Oct 24, 2006, 21:40
 PHJF

lol, you kidding? 1/10 people I meet are not mature. Maybe 1/100.

Could be because I'm currently in Athens, Ohio... but yeah. 1/100 is still probably stretching it.

------
"Oh how awful. Did he at least die peacefully? To shreds you say. Well, how's his wife holding up? To shreds you say."

Oct 24, 2006, 21:35
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 21:35
Oct 24, 2006, 21:35

wow is 90% pre teen jerk offs and 10% mature players.

no thanks.

More like planet Earth is 90% jerk offs, and 10% mature people.

Oct 24, 2006, 20:57
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 20:57
Oct 24, 2006, 20:57

If you didn't enjoy yourself playing WoW than you weren't trying or maybe you're just a weak little teenager who thinks that he's phat or phag or whatever you kids are saying these days.

Omg where to start. I wouldn't put this quote in fanboi context as it clearly would embarass any actually fanboys. You can't class it as troll comments as it looks like it is trying to make some kinda point.

So what is it??? A post denouncing the people who dislike WoW but at the same time proving our point? It's like a 5 foot 6 kid coming up to you with his voice breaking, covered in acne, who has never shaved in his life and is trying to act like your grandfather telling you that your acting like a child.

Honestly I think really this must be a troll post but afaik you have just taken trolling to a whole new level.

BTW if that comment was in any way directed at me I would point out I freely admit my oldest kid is 7. Even at the extreme end of teenage pregnancy that would mean I became a dad at 12. I don't know about anyone else but I strongly believe that anyone who would possibly be in a position to father a child at the age of 12 would not be discussing WoW on a message board.

Vegetarian Logic: We'll save animals by eating their food

Oct 24, 2006, 20:53
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 20:53
Oct 24, 2006, 20:53

When I was playing, the people I adventured with were also mature players between the ages of 20-50. An Australian mother in her mid-forties ran my last guild before I quit the game.

I only encountered a minority of immature players on my WOW server. If you are a mature player and don't act like an idiot, you'll have no problem finding like-minded players.
Q F T!!!!

Oct 24, 2006, 20:31
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 20:31
Oct 24, 2006, 20:31

If you didn't enjoy yourself playing WoW than you weren't trying or maybe you're just a weak little teenager who thinks that he's phat or phag or whatever you kids are saying these days.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 20:34.

Oct 24, 2006, 20:19
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 20:19
Oct 24, 2006, 20:19

...SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just ruined the ending of Dark City.

As for why people play MMOs, I think it can pretty much be summed in one word: Greed. People always want to see higher numbers in their stats. They always want higher levels and better loot. Greed is really the only reason why people play games like Diablo and MMOs. Take away stats and loot and would anyone play them? No, because the fundamental gameplay simply sucks. Action games have better combat, single-player RPGs have more choice, more story and better quests. This is why the whole MMO fad really sickens me.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 20:25.

Oct 24, 2006, 19:50
PHJF

Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 19:50
Oct 24, 2006, 19:50
 PHJF

... you mean.. infinity?

*runs away*

lol

But seriously, I played wow on a few private servers (thank you wowstatus) and it's totally stupid. You reach the end of the game and there is nothing there; it takes so long on Blizzard's servers that reaching it is supposed to be an accomplishment, when the only thing you've accomplished is throwing away hours and HOURS meaninglessly. Combat is slow and methodical to the point of dullness through the whole journey.

WoW, and I'd assume games like it, are glorified chatrooms. People that "play" these games arn't doing it for the game, they are doing it for the fragile, thin social hierarchy that they want to be a part of.

New content is added not to bolster the game's playability but to extend the "end game" line further away from anything which could remotely be considered a "casual" player. By extending the gap to endgame, the scores of players that are at the "current" endgame, wallowing in a pit of regret, are overjoyed to uncover that, "hey, I'm not at the end of the game yet! Surely there must be some penultimate feeling or prize waiting! Just a few more blackrock runs and I'll be there..."

It reminds me of the film Dark City. John Murdock, the hero, fights his way to the ends of the city only to discover that there is sheer void at his journey's end; a gaping lack of existence that all but entirely nullified the treacherous trek required to reach it.

To sum up: WoW, any anything like it, is pointless. It's not a game; it's a black hole consuming your wallet and your would-be life. For the life of me I cannot understand why people throw so much away for absolutely nothing.

You can throw the "because it's fun" argument back at me... but honestly, if you are going to, just stop for a moment and ask yourself if it really, truly is enjoyable, and consider that you, like millions of others, may have simply been duped into thinking it's fun. Stranger things have happened.

------

Oct 24, 2006, 19:47
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 19:47
Oct 24, 2006, 19:47

When I was playing, the people I adventured with were also mature players between the ages of 20-50. An Australian mother in her mid-forties ran my last guild before I quit the game.

I only encountered a minority of immature players on my WOW server. If you are a mature player and don't act like an idiot, you'll have no problem finding like-minded players.

Oct 24, 2006, 19:46
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 19:46
Oct 24, 2006, 19:46

guess your guild is the exception that proves the rule Scratz. My own guild is active in EQ2, WoW and SWG but that doesn't represent the majority of players in WoW.

Oct 24, 2006, 19:15
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 19:15
Oct 24, 2006, 19:15

wow is 90% pre teen jerk offs and 10% mature players.

no thanks.

Oct 24, 2006, 19:10
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 19:10
Oct 24, 2006, 19:10

Not true. I have a guild with over 200 players that has been raiding end game content for just a few months (currently working on Nefarian), and we are all between early 20s and 40. I am the second oldest member at 39, and our youngest is a single 18 year old. Average age is in the late 20s. We're heavily composed of parents and married couples and other adults who stay home a lot and still want something fun to do.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 19:13.

Oct 24, 2006, 19:00
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 19:00
Oct 24, 2006, 19:00

I used to think that MMORPGs were silly little doo-doo games for children too.

But then I tried WoW. Definitely a game worth it's price. Download the trial and if you still don't like it then you're dumb.

Actually I forced myself to ~43 once. Have tried twice since because of pressure from my friends but really it's full of kids.

My own kids (3 of em aged 4-7) play Toontown and even there you can kinda forgive yourself for kidding yourself half the people are actually adults playing for a laugh. But thats only because you can only use stock phrases in toontown. I seriously don't think I had a team in the last time I tried WoW which didn't have someone bitching about their homework or how their mum had given them chores.

Yeah I freely admit I'm capped in EQ2 and that the new expansion for the older, grittier, more mature gamer gives us playable fucking faires but even so WoW is aimed and mainly populated by kids.

Oct 24, 2006, 18:52
Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 18:52
Oct 24, 2006, 18:52

Definitely a game worth it's price.

... you mean.. infinity?

*runs away*

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Don't knock it till you tried it.
Oct 24, 2006, 18:39
Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 18:39
Oct 24, 2006, 18:39

I used to think that MMORPGs were silly little doo-doo games for children too.

But then I tried WoW. Definitely a game worth it's price. Download the trial and if you still don't like it then you're dumb.

No subject
Oct 24, 2006, 18:27
No subject Oct 24, 2006, 18:27
Oct 24, 2006, 18:27

To tell you the truth, this doesn't bother me one bit. There is WAY too much coming out at the moment. Dark Crusade, Dark Messiah, NWN2 (aka Burning Messiah, just to complete the circle) .... the delay in Burning Crusade has given me an opportunity to enjoy these before it re-ignites (pardon the pun) my fanatical enthusiasm for WoW.

I for one welcome the delay by our alien overlords.

No subject
Oct 24, 2006, 18:10
No subject Oct 24, 2006, 18:10
Oct 24, 2006, 18:10

I've also heard they are thinking of a new loyalty scheme so you can send Blizzard your milk teeth as they fall out. Each tooth recieved will award you a piece of the coverted Tooth Fairy armor which give -50 to bed wetting (that apparently is "pwnage").

nicely done

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older