Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch

A new Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines patch is now available, bringing the Source-engine action/RPG from defunct developer Troika Games to version 3.1. As always, this is an unsupported third-party patch, continuing the unofficial support for this game, which receives more such attention than many games with viable development teams. The download is available on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, FileFront, and Worthplaying.
View : : :
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

No subject
Nov 1, 2006, 19:56
No subject Nov 1, 2006, 19:56
Nov 1, 2006, 19:56

it is available in germany for 10 euro.

check software-pyramide.de or amazon.de

ze luck germans!

Re: No subject
Oct 23, 2006, 08:53
Re: No subject Oct 23, 2006, 08:53
Oct 23, 2006, 08:53

I love the Malkavian. The dialogue is not THAT different, to be honest (you're basically saying exactly the same thing, just in crazy speech), and the main characters only respond differently in a few instances, but some of those lines are hilarious.
It's just awesome that they went through the trouble to do that though.

They did the same thing in Arcanum when you played as an orc(I think) I believe. Have to replay Arcanum. Got too easy too quickly though.

Oct 22, 2006, 19:15
Re: No subject Oct 22, 2006, 19:15
Oct 22, 2006, 19:15

I will try to pass this along while I figure out how it might be possible.
I was thinking maybe he could double the hit points in some seperate download but that maybe not fesible, it may require editing manully every charater on every map manually, like adding new charaters to fight for sure would require.
Then I though about possible reducing the XP you earn to lower you ability to get skill and attributes.
So I am not really sure if this can be done in the Unofficial patch.
I posted some info to Wesp a couple of days ago which he hadn't responed to yet, as he seems to be busy on the weekends, though I haven't checked today.

Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Oct 21, 2006, 19:15
Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 19:15
Oct 21, 2006, 19:15

Sure thing bud

Mostly, the enemies were too easy. I've already reported once that as a ranged player, the game is way too easy now, since you have plenty of money to buy every gun and full ammo for every mission, which turns it into a fairly easy romp through the game.

Melee is slightly more difficult, but not much. My biggest point, I guess, is that the enemies are so much weaker than you. Why bother unleashing combo disciplines when the enemy will just die from you whacking them with a sword? Without even activating any buffs?

Another alternative, don't know how feasible that would be, is to just add enemies. Instead of four guys with a gun, have six guys with a gun. They're still fodder, but at least there's more fodder.

But realistically, to make the game more playable, the battles need to be difficult, but fun to play through. Not difficult and you need to be lucky to win, that just aggravates people (killing playthroughs).

Enemies that you can still beat, but that are definitely a threat to you unless you use disciplines liberally.

To give an example, I finish every game with 10 blood packs, 10 blue blood packs and 4 elder vitae packs. I always buy them, I just never use them.

Partially this is because you can always just kill all enemies except one and then feed on the last one (feeding is a bit too powerful, imo), but also because there really is never much need to use your disciplines.

The only really difficult battle in the game, actually, is the assault on the Sabat warehouse in Santa Monica, because you aren't really very powerful yet, and those guys with shotguns can kill you. In turn, this makes that level, in my opinion, the one that's the most fun to play.

Boosting somes stats, giving some more powers to enemies (if possible), those are very, very good. Adding more of the fodder enemies is also acceptable.

Both would make for a more enjoyable and replayable game.

Creston

Oct 21, 2006, 16:27
Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 16:27
Oct 21, 2006, 16:27

"f there's one thing that I would REALLY REALLY love to see in the unofficial patch, it's added difficulty."

Hey would you mind expanding on this?
What would qualify as something to change the difficulty?
Are you a Melee Player or Range, or did have to do with you have too many Skill points?
Gimmie somethign to work with here.

Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Oct 21, 2006, 02:16
Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 02:16
Oct 21, 2006, 02:16

Bloodlines was never a sequel to Redemption.

Heh, just kind of assumed going by the namesake and all.

There's a mod somewhere that restores them to better volume and makes them occur more frequently...

Here try this mod called Malk Voices, it can be hard to hear them with the orginal game.

Ah, thanks again. I got to hear the crazy voices in my head...yeah, I can see where I didn't notice it yet, I had to have my speakers set REAL loud in order to hear it, almost unplayable that way.

I believe Activision has a new Vampire title planned? Probably based on Requiem...

That's the word, anyhow, if there is in fact a new game being developed. White Wolf discontinued Masquerade altogether.

Oct 21, 2006, 01:10
Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 01:10
Oct 21, 2006, 01:10

But I doubt there would be even if Troika was still around now that White Wolf has killed off VtM as we know it and replaced it with WoD "lite".

I believe Activision has a new Vampire title planned? Probably based on Requiem, but hey, a vampire game is better than no vampire game at all.

I liked Redemption, but it wasn't much of an RPG. More of an action / combat adventure. Looked great when it came out though, and I had a ton of fun playing it. Very tough battles in it too.

Creston

No subject
Oct 20, 2006, 19:24
No subject Oct 20, 2006, 19:24
Oct 20, 2006, 19:24

I'm tempted to pick this game up every time I see it, but it's still selling for $30. If it would come down tot he $10-20 range I'd grab it.

"You can either want something to be true, or you can want the truth. Pick one." - Mr. Diety

Oct 20, 2006, 19:21
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 19:21
Oct 20, 2006, 19:21

"I know Bloodlines is the sequel to Redemption, was it worth playing too? I wish Troika was still around to make a sequel to Bloodlines itself and maybe make the Kuei-Jin a playable class as I really liked them as a bad guy in BL"

Actually no, Bloodlines was never a sequel to Redemption. Redemption was only redeeming for its multiplayer RolePlaying saloons and all the community support that got, see the World of Darkness mod. Other than that, I was very disappointed by the single player (Which featured you cast into the "role" of a male vampire in a static plot, which as a female player and considering the games robust character creation system, was quite disappointing)

If there is still a large online RP community, I would say go for it, if not, then leave it to rest in torpor.

And yes...I'd love to see a Troika sequel to Bloodlines. But I doubt there would be even if Troika was still around now that White Wolf has killed off VtM as we know it and replaced it with WoD "lite".

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 19:22.

Oct 20, 2006, 18:43
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 18:43
Oct 20, 2006, 18:43

I love the Malkavian. The dialogue is not THAT different, to be honest (you're basically saying exactly the same thing, just in crazy speech), and the main characters only respond differently in a few instances, but some of those lines are hilarious.

"I'm currently making sure the stars don't move. Stay! Good star!"
"Helter Skelter!"
"The Jester Prince!"
"Why are you talking to me? I am no longer here."

It's just awesome that they went through the trouble to do that though.

My main downside with the game is that it's just not very difficult. There are very few combats where you actually have to work hard at staying alive, especially once you reach Hollywood (you'll be pretty powerful by then.)

If the game had been harder, it would have been more fun to keep playing over and over, but since most of the fighting is so easy, there's just little incentive to keep playing through it.

If there's one thing that I would REALLY REALLY love to see in the unofficial patch, it's added difficulty. Coming out of a battle with 1 notch of blood and very little health.

You mentioned voices. Are these actual bits of sound that play out of nowhere? Like I said, I haven't played through long enough as a Malk to hear it I guess

They're ambient voices, but they're not very loud, so you have to have your speakers cranked up pretty high to hear them. There's a mod somewhere that restores them to better volume and makes them occur more frequently, but after you've heard them twice the novelty kinda wears off.

Creston

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 18:44.

Oct 20, 2006, 18:12
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 18:12
Oct 20, 2006, 18:12

Too bad the only way to get this game anymore is via Ebay. Just picked it up for $20 with shipping

No subject
Oct 20, 2006, 17:52
No subject Oct 20, 2006, 17:52
Oct 20, 2006, 17:52

Wesp the Maestro Script Fixer does it again! Woot!
Very impressive list of fixes, too.

Mr. Lolicon
"You mentioned voices"
Here try this mod called Malk Voices, it can be hard to hear them with the orginal game.
http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/index.php?action=files&scatid=20

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 17:53.

Oct 20, 2006, 17:21
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 17:21
Oct 20, 2006, 17:21

Man Vampire - Bloodlines would make a kick ass free-form multiplayer RPG.

Never going to happen with source. Everyone has to be in the same map at the same time unless you have diffrent servers running diffrent maps.

Unless you mean a source rpg server ' kekekke this is my bar now, free drinks, free drinks !!! hey no shooting fag. '

Oct 20, 2006, 17:08
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 17:08
Oct 20, 2006, 17:08

Oh sorry Lolicon, heres 3.1 changes.

Cool, thanks! Judging how the patches get progressively bigger with each release, I'm guessing I can just install the latest one and have all the fixes if I ever need to reinstall the game?

Might I ask what clan you played the first time?

I played through as a stalk Tremere, no history and I really put the skill concentration into my "magics," intelligence...research, etc. First time I used blood boil it about blew my mind.

Malkavian - Crazy speech and unique lines. Hearing voices and seeing things others cannot see. It's really different and funny as hell. I recommend using the Malks on a 2nd run because they are really insightfull and point out things that haven't even happened yet. Makes you go 'omg!'

Heh, this is the clan I'm playing through as now. I haven't gotten out of Santa Monica yet and just now reached Tung (Nasty Dude!), but I can't wait to see what the political conversations with the anarchs sound look like.

You mentioned voices. Are these actual bits of sound that play out of nowhere? Like I said, I haven't played through long enough as a Malk to hear it I guess.

I know Bloodlines is the sequel to Redemption, was it worth playing too? I wish Troika was still around to make a sequel to Bloodlines itself and maybe make the Kuei-Jin a playable class as I really liked them as a bad guy in BL (ST: though I didn't particularly care to get my ass chained to the coffin and kicked off into the ocean!).

Re: Troika
Oct 20, 2006, 15:54
Re: Troika Oct 20, 2006, 15:54
Oct 20, 2006, 15:54

Again I will point out that there are some developers who cannot make a game without it ending up a bug infested disaster. Taldren comes to mind with 2 different publishers.

And isn't TOEE published by Atari?

Troika
Oct 20, 2006, 15:39
Troika Oct 20, 2006, 15:39
Oct 20, 2006, 15:39

All 3 of Troika's games are on my PC. Some of the best RPGs you'll ever play. Arcanum (Fallout 2.5) and ToEE (The best D&D CRPG since the goldbox games) were good enough...but throw Vampire into the mix (the only good use of the license) and that pretty much seals the deal.

Troika was ahead of their time. They just couldn't find a publisher that was willing to give them time to complete a game.

Oct 20, 2006, 14:04
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 14:04
Oct 20, 2006, 14:04

Because troika went under so fast and activision seems to think this game is dead and has no following at all (I mean it's activision, they dont give a crap once the game has made them a few extra million.) No real toolset was ever released so new areas, new monsters, quests, etc. I'm quite sure thats impossible to do. Cause man I would love it if someone with the knowhow would give this game multiplayer capabilities.

Oct 20, 2006, 13:59
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 13:59
Oct 20, 2006, 13:59

What NPCs specifically? Just curious because I've only played through the original game with the official 1.2 patch and - when time from school permits - running through it again with the unofficial patches.

Just generic, ambient characters at this point. The problem with restoring anyone significant is missing resource files (speech, animation, dialogue tree).

Of course, fixes to pre-existing dialogue trees make HUGE differences overall, so I suppose I'll not smite the folks for not adding new zones and quests.

Oct 20, 2006, 13:51
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 13:51
Oct 20, 2006, 13:51

Oh sorry Lolicon, heres 3.1 changes. I highly recommend the unofficial patches. They actually fix a hell of a lot more then the official ones. That and if you only played through the game once, you have got to try it again. There are 5 endings, each clan plays rather differently from one another. On top of that there are various things that can happen during the game that depend highly on your choises or Clan. You simply cannot experience everything the game has to show in one run. Oh and if you haven't played a Malkavian, you haven't played the game.. seriously.

Might I ask what clan you played the first time?

My favorite clans to go through the game.

Malkavian - Crazy speech and unique lines. Hearing voices and seeing things others cannot see. It's really different and funny as hell. I recommend using the Malks on a 2nd run because they are really insightfull and point out things that haven't even happened yet. Makes you go 'omg!'

Toreador - People at your beck and call. You can get just about anyone to fall for you and do anything you want. And if they dont, tore's are great with guns. Whip out your Styr AUG and blow their head off.

Gangrel - This is pure kick ass mode. Always fun to summon beasts to confuse or even devour your foes. Or turn into a ravenous creature for instant agrovated damage.

Brujah - Thugs and their katanas. Shake down the rich guy on the corner for his watch. Tell the anarchs who's boss. Dodge bullets and swing faster then you can see with a devistating magical katana.

Tremere - Making everyone around you puke their guts out, make the guy who pissed you off want to stuck a knife in his throat or simply making someones blood boil until they explode into bloody chunks. Theres just something about never having to touch your enemy to destroy them. 'Oh no mr. criminal I dont carry any weapons *twitch*.'

3.1 Fixes
Unbarred Ming's temple door and hopefully fixed Beckett's wait bug.
Made Copper leave for infusion and restored Pisha's meal cutscene.
Removed hunter when Ash is gone and erected more tipped over props.
Turned character screens music off and lowered Venus' cut to $125.
Fixed ammo in Romero's trunk and reduced zombie spawning frequency.
Restored Jeanette/Therese struggling scene and a few Heather lines.
Made speech stop when Bruno enters and fixed some Giovanni guards.
Corrected errors in dialogues of Christopher, Milligan and Jezebel.
Deleted theatre statists and restored Larry's quest for Nosferatu.
Changed some weapon infos and moved Giovanni Mansion diving boards.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 14:08.

Oct 20, 2006, 13:41
Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 13:41
Oct 20, 2006, 13:41

Yea quite remarkable indeed. It's just to bad that Activision doesn't see this and give them more ability to modify the game. Perhaps by including the net code the game at one time had before multiplayer was removed. Man Vampire - Bloodlines would make a kick ass free-form multiplayer RPG.

Oh this patch has some nice stuff to. 'Restored Pisha's Meal Scene.' I gotta see that one haha! For those that haven't played the game Pisha is a type of rare vampire called a Nagaraja. She needs to eat human flesh, not just consume their blood. It's a very mysterious character.

Oh and FYI if your an RPG fan and haven't tried this game it's highly recommended. If your a Vampire: the Masquerade fan as well, it's a must.)

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 13:47.
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older