Euro WoW: Burning Crusade Beta Testing

WorldofWar.Net relates plans for European closed beta testing of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade:
Hello! We would like to give you some insight into our invitation process for the upcoming closed Beta of The Burning Crusade.

We are inviting players from all different playing areas. And we feel we have a pretty fair distribution, so as to make sure that when T.B.C. comes out we will have had beta testing of all the many, different aspects of our exciting, first World of Warcraft expansion.

To maximise the testing process we intend to introduce players into the test in multiple waves. People who aren't in at the beginning of the test could very well be invited in a subsequent phase.

Testers will be contacted in due time. For those who do receive invites, we will not be asking you for your password or account name, so don't be fooled by any scams.

And last but not least, we'll be providing more information to everyone soon!
View : : :
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: No subject
Sep 29, 2006, 12:04
Re: No subject Sep 29, 2006, 12:04
Sep 29, 2006, 12:04

So because I played a Battlemage I wasn't actually playing AC? So what game was I playing?

I'm sorry but I fail to see how "innovative" AC was. What you described was simply a design decision - poorly implemented, like you said, but just a design decision none the less. The game was a shell, they had a game engine then added content later on. Lets face it - it was a close 2nd to EQ upon release and slowly withered and died and unable to keep pace with EQ.

Yeah you were trolling, showing up to post something negative strictly for the sake of being negative is a troll.

-----------------------------

$OE - they put the FU in fun!
==Boycott EA==

Sep 28, 2006, 01:58
Re: No subject Sep 28, 2006, 01:58
Sep 28, 2006, 01:58

Dipshit I played AC - I had a high level Battlemage. What exactly did AC bring to the table that was so innovative? What the subway? Buffing for ten minutes?

Ah, a Battlemage, that would explain your lack of understanding. You didn't even pay attention to the game did you? Here's a few innovations they made: no zoning (and a whole continent to traverse freely, topography willing), portal travel, free monthly updates (and thus a dynamic storyline, which didn't pan out as well as it could because Turbine was hijacked by idiots), a unique spellcasting system (terrible implementation but a good attempt at least), mob item drops with random stats (instead of categories of items with specific names and stats, ie EQ), no classes (templates instead, what a shame), exp-based skill raising instead of level-based, no arbitrary level cap (do you know why it was not aribtrary?)... I could go on. The main theme is, these ideas had great potential but were either poorly implemented or just broken later by the horrible live team they had. I started playing the game in early February of 2000, and the game was released in late 1999, so I played the game before Decal, OG/BM/Opal/etc., and I even got to play without sticky melee for a couple of weeks.

All I tried to say in my initial post was that AC had many innovations that have yet to appear in any mass-market MMOG. And then you came along and completely blew what I said out of proportion.

And as I expected someone that doesn't play MMOGs here to shit all over them for the ppl that do. Just another troll looking to make his candle brighter by blowing out everyone else's.

Haha, you calling me a troll, I love it. You made my day. Anyway, you have completely misinterpreted what I tried to say. Reading comprehension seems to be at an all-time low around here so I'm not terribly surprised.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 02:01.

Sep 28, 2006, 00:15
Re: No subject Sep 28, 2006, 00:15
Sep 28, 2006, 00:15

You wish WoW was more casual? Hell with my ADD even I have a 60.

On my server (Khadgar) we have quite a bit of PVP that takes place out of the Battlegrounds the problem with that is you get uber 60's attacking someplace like the Crossroads and generally making life hell for lowbies.

As for assaults on Ironforge... So far the game heavily favors the Alliance. Each Horde City has 2 entrances that are pretty piss poorly guarded, while getting into Ironforge (either due to guards, players, or the initial freezing up loading up that many people) pretty much nills any chance of raiding it.

As for PVP Grinding? If ya don't like it then go play on a PVP Server, as I have found 'grinding' in WoW to be pretty much non-existant unless your farming, doing a trade skill, or looking for a pattern/schematic for trade skills.

Sep 27, 2006, 23:29
Re: No subject Sep 27, 2006, 23:29
Sep 27, 2006, 23:29

Dipshit I played AC - I had a high level Battlemage. What exactly did AC bring to the table that was so innovative? What the subway? Buffing for ten minutes?

And as I expected someone that doesn't play MMOGs here to shit all over them for the ppl that do. Just another troll looking to make his candle brighter by blowing out everyone else's.

==Boycott EA==

Sep 27, 2006, 20:16
Re: No subject Sep 27, 2006, 20:16
Sep 27, 2006, 20:16

And the guy commenting on wishing WoW was more like Asherons Call.......damn I fell outta my chair. Theres like 10 ppl running around promoting Asherons Call - even Turbine gave up on it years ago.

Yeah, because it came out in 1999, and was subsequently ruined by a clueless live team (a preview of the future of Turbine) and bots. I'm not "promoting" Asheron's Call, it's junk now, and I haven't played it in years (that's why I said former player). But AC introduced so many great gameplay elements that still are overlooked in favor of the same old things we saw in EverQuest years ago. You also overlook the fact that AC is still running, but its sequel was shut down.

Asherons Call couldn't hold a candle to EQ at the time, the game was never upgraded, supported or enhanced - it took them how many years to come out with 2 expansions?

EQ was stuck in the fantasy MUD paradigm while AC was actually innovating. But clearly you've never played AC so you wouldn't know how it innovated. It took them that long to come out with expansions because they never planned on making pay expansions in the first place. Instead, they gave free updates, including content updates, every month, something very few MMOG devs do now.

I have no problem with ppl not liking WoW, I get bored with it too, but my god to bring AC into your argument is so weak and makes me question anything that comes out of your mouth.

Bashing a game you clearly know nothing about makes you look more of a fool. At least I played WoW.

Keep hating it, keep sitting there on the sidelines playing your lame a$$ MMOGs hoping that more ppl will come join you.

I haven't played Asheron's Call in years, and in fact I do not play any MMOG right now, because in my opinion they all suck.
This comment was edited on Sep 27, 20:21.

Sep 27, 2006, 20:11
Re: No subject Sep 27, 2006, 20:11
Sep 27, 2006, 20:11

Well I've read all the comments (so far) and I agree that sometimes it is frustrating to wait for the special monster to spawn for your quest item, but for some reason I really don't mind the "cartoony" graphics which btw don't seem bad at all to me. I've played some of the other more "realistic" looking mmorpgs like EQ but just couldn't get into them. I guess I'm the simple kind of person who just likes to get right into the game. IMHO I think you can make W0W as simple or as complicated as you wish. I like playing it and I've done so since beta so that settles it with me and the other 7 million players who kick my butt in pvp but that's ok cuz I'll keep on playing and learning. And btw I was able to learn EQ 2 rather quickly but for some reason, I just like the layout of WoW better.

Sep 27, 2006, 19:10
Re: No subject Sep 27, 2006, 19:10
Sep 27, 2006, 19:10

I really wish some of you WoW haters played the MMOGS we had a few years ago. Before WoW. You guys wouldn't last 10 minutes in EQ

I played EQ for 4 years before WoW, dont think that you are the only veteran here

I dont really hate WoW at all, just think it needs to change a little to be more friendly to the casual gamer. Take pvp out of those damn battlegrounds and back into the game world where its more of a random thing. Will not forget the days of when people used to land in Ironforge calling for backup because there was 50+ horde attacking menethil harbor or some other random place in the game world. Instead of making to servers more stable so this kind of gameplay could continue, no, they nerfed it and added Dkills.

Then came the battlegrounds and WoW was the first game to turn PvP into a grind, as if there wasn't enough grinding already. So you see people dont really hate wow, they are just a little angry at some changes that should really not have happened, but they did and the game they used to love becuase something else.

Sep 27, 2006, 18:25
Re: No subject Sep 27, 2006, 18:25
Sep 27, 2006, 18:25

Queue the WoW haters ..... DAMN! Too late. They're here already.

Sep 27, 2006, 17:12
Re: No subject Sep 27, 2006, 17:12
Sep 27, 2006, 17:12

I bet you that when BC hits the WoW subscriber count will hit 7 million.

WoW already hit 7 million subscribers.

http://www.wowinsider.com/2006/09/07/world-of-warcraft-hits-7-million-subscribers/

No subject
Sep 27, 2006, 17:04
No subject Sep 27, 2006, 17:04
Sep 27, 2006, 17:04

I really wish some of you WoW haters played the MMOGS we had a few years ago. Before WoW. You guys wouldn't last 10 minutes in EQ. And the guy commenting on wishing WoW was more like Asherons Call.......damn I fell outta my chair. Theres like 10 ppl running around promoting Asherons Call - even Turbine gave up on it years ago.

Asherons Call couldn't hold a candle to EQ at the time, the game was never upgraded, supported or enhanced - it took them how many years to come out with 2 expansions? There were combat macros that were never addressed and at the upper levels you had every skill you could possibly want really eliminating the need to create new chars. I have no problem with ppl not liking WoW, I get bored with it too, but my god to bring AC into your argument is so weak and makes me question anything that comes out of your mouth.

I've said it before, I guess I need to say it again - those cartoony graphics that you all hate allow Blizzard to run WoW on lesser hardware. Which is probably why they have 6+ million ppl playing. All you naysaying fuggers swore the game would whither and die and it has only gotten bigger and bigger. And all these seem fuggers woulda probably b1tched if Blizzard created WoW with graphics that didn't follow those of the franchise?

I had a new machine when EQ2 came out - EQ2 brought my rig to its knees. Sure it looked great but it took you 5 minutes to spin around in place with the graphics set to medium.

Keep hating it, keep sitting there on the sidelines playing your lame a$$ MMOGs hoping that more ppl will come join you.

WoW a grind....please tell me which MMOG isn't a grind? In WoW I have 3 level 60 chars and each one was a blast to play. I'm a casual player and I hit the level cap with 3 chars, I never did that in any other MMOG (hit the lvl cap). You don't like to raid? Then don't. But don't complain that you have 5+ lvl 60 chars and NOW you're bored.......LOL......do we really need to play an MMOG for 10 years? I love the pacing of WoW. You hit 60 - go out and enjoy life, read a book - jesus fuggin christmas.

I bet you that when BC hits the WoW subscriber count will hit 7 million.

==Boycott EA==
This comment was edited on Sep 27, 17:05.

Re: WOw sucks
Sep 27, 2006, 15:44
Re: WOw sucks Sep 27, 2006, 15:44
Sep 27, 2006, 15:44

I gave this try last month and didn't continue my free trial. Wasn't because it wasn't fun but I just never was much for the WarCraft universe and I saw the uphill I'd have with getting my character to be worthwhile, it just didn't click with me.

What was the best part about the whole game for me was the raids.

Sep 27, 2006, 13:53
Re: WOw sucks Sep 27, 2006, 13:53
Sep 27, 2006, 13:53

I keep saying it, but I only lasted 10 days in this game. I was so damn bored with it.

Same with me. I actually lasted a bit longer, mostly because I had people I knew to play with, but even that didn't stop the boredom. Being a former Asheron's Call player, I really wasn't happy about having to run between towns and then having to pay to fly to cities I had been to. It seemed to me like they just tacked on a money/time sink to something that should be easy. And don't even get me started on the items...

Sep 27, 2006, 13:44
Re: WOw sucks Sep 27, 2006, 13:44
Sep 27, 2006, 13:44

I thought the ill-proportioned, chunky characters were perfect and the best part of the game.

However, I thought the gameplay was awful.
I seemed to spend about 25% of my time just traveling. Not doing anything, just running from one place to another - places I'd been before (I thanked god that they were smart enough to monsters ignore you if you were way more powerful than them.)
I seemed to spend the rest of my time out in fields waiting for monsters to spawn. Too many damn "give me 10 of these" quests. Only one monster gives those items, and only 10 of the time, so to get 10 items you needed to kill 100 monsters. The fields had 10 monsters there at a time, spread out, and 10 people where there killing them, so you spent a lot of time waiting for the monsters to spawn, running looking for them, and often saw someone else fighting one instead.

And this was on a fairly empty, new server.

Not to mention combat being hitting 5, waiting, hitting 4, waiting, hitting 3, waiting, hitting 2, watching, then collecting the loot.

I keep saying it, but I only lasted 10 days in this game. I was so damn bored with it.

-------------
Doomriders: the first new band worth a signature - http://www.deathwishinc.com/

Sep 27, 2006, 13:32
Re: WOw sucks Sep 27, 2006, 13:32
Sep 27, 2006, 13:32

Back to Gamespot with you...go on, GIT. /shoo

Sep 27, 2006, 13:30
Re: WOw sucks Sep 27, 2006, 13:30
Sep 27, 2006, 13:30

I hate the internet

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 14:03.

Sep 27, 2006, 13:26
Re: WOw sucks Sep 27, 2006, 13:26
Sep 27, 2006, 13:26

i hate the internet

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 14:03.

Sep 27, 2006, 13:17
Re: WOw sucks Sep 27, 2006, 13:17
Sep 27, 2006, 13:17

WOW sucks more than your mothers at the weekend and thats a hell of alot.

Get hooked on phonics, please.
------------
The Dude abides.

Re: did they ever figure out
Sep 27, 2006, 12:51
Re: did they ever figure out Sep 27, 2006, 12:51
Sep 27, 2006, 12:51

in WoW sometimes you're not sure if you should attack the mobs or hug them

{ There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt }
|[ Jesus is coming. Look busy! ]|

Sep 27, 2006, 12:07
Re: did they ever figure out Sep 27, 2006, 12:07
Sep 27, 2006, 12:07

Does that mean you won't like the cartoony model look of Team Fortress 2?

Sep 27, 2006, 11:49
Re: did they ever figure out Sep 27, 2006, 11:49
Sep 27, 2006, 11:49

That's a perfect description! I never liked the wayyyy too colorful look of WOW. The armor is nausea-inducing and garish. Even childish looking sometimes unfortunately

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older