Counter-Strike Free Market

A new Steam Message (thanks Frans) offers word on how Adam Smith is being put in charge of the price of items in Counter-Strike: Source in the next update to the shooter. The Counter-Strike Weapons Market Page and Pricing Algorithm Page have more details, and here's word:
We're finally ready to talk in more specific terms about the coming changes to Counter-Strike weapon prices.

Most of the weapons and equipment in Counter-Strike still have the same prices today as they did when the game was first released. We at Valve know we're not alone in thinking that some of the prices in the game have never been exactly what they should be. (Uh, night-vision?) But rather than tweaking the values ourselves, we thought we'd let you decide. Coming soon in Counter-Strike: Source is a new system that sets the prices of what you can buy based on, well, what people are buying. This means that each week all of the items in Counter-Strike will have different prices based on what people purchase. We've setup a webpage with more information on how it works, including what the prices will be when we turn this feature on.
View : : :
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: REPLIES
Sep 30, 2006, 10:06
Re: REPLIES Sep 30, 2006, 10:06
Sep 30, 2006, 10:06

WOO look at the anger flow from him. ANGER OVER PEOPLE ON THE INTERNETS! THE STUPIDEST THING OF THEM ALL!

Sep 26, 2006, 05:16
Re: REPLIES Sep 26, 2006, 05:16
Sep 26, 2006, 05:16

This coming from a guy that names himself after a band that can't even hold a tune or rythym, with idiot lyrics and it made the transvestite Manson.

Yeah, he's got credibility...

What a fucking moron.

Sep 25, 2006, 17:29
nin

Re: REPLIES Sep 25, 2006, 17:29
Sep 25, 2006, 17:29
 nin

GOOD SHOW SIR!!!

And predictable. Next he'll say something about using a cheese grater on your dick.

Ask him how his fan fiction is going...

AH-hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.richardcheese.com/ http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

Sep 25, 2006, 17:00
Re: REPLIES Sep 25, 2006, 17:00
Sep 25, 2006, 17:00

Spooge, you're a dumb bitch in a man's body blah blah blah stupid shit no one reads to the end

THERES the anger I was looking for! ANGER ON THE INTERNETS! GOOD SHOW SIR!!!

Re: No subject
Sep 25, 2006, 09:17
Re: No subject Sep 25, 2006, 09:17
Sep 25, 2006, 09:17

I played it a lot way back in the day. Back then the AWP was used waaayyyy too much. It toned down after a while, but there were still always a couple that would use it each round. I stopped playing it a little after I moved offcampus (so around 2001 or 2002).

Now maybe once a month I'll jump into the game for a little bit, but from the games I've been in the AWP usage has gone down drastically. Sure, it's still used but it's nowhere near that bad.

I'd still say that AK's, carbines, and MP5s are used the most. Personally I prefer either the shotgun or the MP5.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama
"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Re: Sepharo
Sep 25, 2006, 03:48
Re: Sepharo Sep 25, 2006, 03:48
Sep 25, 2006, 03:48

Seriously I don't understand you man, no one is talking about awps but you.

Sep 24, 2006, 21:39
Re: REPLIES Sep 24, 2006, 21:39
Sep 24, 2006, 21:39

Flashbangs are about 2 inches away from being useless with the range. Smoke is also easily avoided... just move left 5 feet, or hell just take a shot or two into the smoke if you know they're running into it.

Yeah, I guess so if someone throws smoke into a wide-open area. When I throw smoke or anything, including a gun, I'm doing it for full effect. I'm not going to throw smoke at the AWPer, that's STUPID! I will throw it around a corner near *ME*!!!! Then I wait for the smoke to fill up. Now I have closed the distance to the AWPer. I can step out from behind my corner with relative safety (by comparison of not having the smoke) & throw a flash nade DIRECTLY at the AWPer & run backwards at him, the flash detonates & I'm somewhat blinded but usually nothing like the AWPer. I spin around & continue my run at him. By the time he is even able to see partially, he's already almost dead. TMP POWER.

Spooge, you're a dumb bitch in a man's body. You should get a sex-change so that the bitch in you can be seen be all outwardly. You are a complete waste of human skin. Someone could have a nice leather purse or something from your ass. You could even donate your brain to science as it is probably the closest we'll ever come to finding evidence of the missing link.

Re: Sepharo
Sep 24, 2006, 21:32
Re: Sepharo Sep 24, 2006, 21:32
Sep 24, 2006, 21:32

Yes, I read you post. It's just that I agreed with some of what you said so I didn't include that in my reply.

To be honest, I would most certainly yell something about AWPs & Noobs. Psychological combat is a very big part of my game. If I can get someone unbalanced because they are angry with me, then that benefits me. So yes, I have & will yell insults against my enemy in every game that it seems to have an effect.

But I also don't think that AWPers are very good players. It is the first weapon that new players master. It's powerful & makes a big noise so that's the gun that everyone learns to master first. I almost never buy the AWP & if I do pick one up & I run the server. Then I say to the guy I picked it up from that he's a fucking noob ass bitch that should learn how to use other weapons, because up until this point he's been talking smack about how I can't use one. So I kill him, take his stupid little bitch-boy gun & own his entire team for the rest of the map & tell him to stop being a AWP-whore & that it is the EASIEST GUN TO USE & that's why it's the staple of CAL.

The only gun I'm not good at, surprisingly, is the AK. I'm a master with just about everything else.

Sep 24, 2006, 19:17
Re: No subject Sep 24, 2006, 19:17
Sep 24, 2006, 19:17

Heh like I said, no understanding of economics or CS, come back to me a couple of weeks after this is implemented and the price of the AWP has dropped and ask me how much I have played this game.
My statement that it is the least purchased is wrong, I was thinking more along the line that it is the least purchased of the most used guns, obviously it is used more then the heavy MG or autos (which are pretty much universally banned) but almost every other gun is used more then the AWP, it will drop in price, not increase.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Sep 24, 2006, 18:45
PHJF

Re: No subject Sep 24, 2006, 18:45
Sep 24, 2006, 18:45
 PHJF

The guns that are most popular are the ones the will increase in price...The AWP tho the most devastating gun in the game is probably one of the least purchased

Have you never played this game? Never? Not even once?

------
"I have a grave announcement. Anyone with a weak heart had better leave now. Goodbye."
Steam + PSN: PHJF

Sep 24, 2006, 18:12
Re: No subject Sep 24, 2006, 18:12
Sep 24, 2006, 18:12

Five minutes after this comes out the AWM will cost $16000.

Don't know much about economics or CS do you. The guns that are most popular are the ones the will increase in price, so that means the colts and AK's will be affected the most, probably nades, navys and deagles too. The AWP tho the most devastating gun in the game is probably one of the least purchased, it will actually go down in price.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

No subject
Sep 24, 2006, 17:34
No subject Sep 24, 2006, 17:34
Sep 24, 2006, 17:34

I don't care about this new pricing system, all of my servers already include the following line in their startup config files:

mp_dynamicpricing 0

Sep 24, 2006, 16:45
Re: REPLIES Sep 24, 2006, 16:45
Sep 24, 2006, 16:45

Zeph did you not read my post? I could care less what happens honestly. I just wanted to have a civil discussion. I haven't played leagues in years. I'm just stating the obvious, a dynamic price change means dynamic strats.

But all of this doesn't matter because they included the cvar and no league in the world is going to play without disabling the dynamic prices. You know why? Because dynamic prices aren't good for competitive leagues. Which was my whole point. But of course go on assuming and making fucked up claims about awping etc. If you read my post you'd see all I play is gungame which doesn't even include the awp. It's about as far from being an awp whore as you can get. But as you've shown in the past you're not even the least bit reliable for factual information concerning CS.

On a side note I've always wondered how a verbal debate would go with regular Blues News posters where people like Zeph would actually have to respond to a post in it's entirety instead of just setting up straw men. Or would Zeph be the guy yelling as loud as he could:

"GO AWP MORE NOOB YOU JUST USE THE AWP THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T LIKE THIS LA LA LA LA LA LA"

Feel free to ignore the entire post and just go through it and pick out grammarical mistakes you seem to be pretty good at that.

No subject
Sep 24, 2006, 15:58
No subject Sep 24, 2006, 15:58
Sep 24, 2006, 15:58

Translation: I am a CS:S noob and would get owned even by a scout sniper.

Psh, dont rag on the scouts, best gun in the game!

Sep 24, 2006, 14:54
Re: REPLIES Sep 24, 2006, 14:54
Sep 24, 2006, 14:54

Flashbangs are about 2 inches away from being useless with the range. Smoke is also easily avoided... just move left 5 feet, or hell just take a shot or two into the smoke if you know they're running into it.

http://gotfrag.com/cs/scores/

Go check out some games being played live and unless I'm completely out of the loop (which I admit is a possibility) I don't think you'll be seeing TOO much smoke or flashbangs, and depending on the map, not even a lot of AWPing. No source games today/tomorrow that are being covered unfortunately.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 14:55.

Sep 24, 2006, 14:41
Re: REPLIES Sep 24, 2006, 14:41
Sep 24, 2006, 14:41

Hey, I got an idea, play CAL and then talk again. Your TMP/smoke/flash wouldn't do shit against a good player.

Yeah, as long as they have the latest hax then smoke and flash don't do shit. For non-cheaters, smoke and flash can be an issue when used properly.

Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be tied up and spanked. It told me so itself, in a naughty little whisper.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Sep 24, 2006, 14:34
Re: REPLIES Sep 24, 2006, 14:34
Sep 24, 2006, 14:34

#19: by Zephalephelah
some fancyass quoting

Translation: I am a CS:S noob and would get owned even by a scout sniper.

Hey, I got an idea, play CAL and then talk again. Your TMP/smoke/flash wouldn't do shit against a good player.

Sep 24, 2006, 14:27
Re: REPLIES Sep 24, 2006, 14:27
Sep 24, 2006, 14:27

Personally, I suck at CS, but I love the fact there are so many legends around here.

Actually I pretty much made up the being good part up. I just know Zeph is going to read that and shit his intestines out in anger.

That alone, is worth any other replies of those caught in the crossfire.

Trespasser DID blow though.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 14:28.

Sep 24, 2006, 14:19
Re: No subject Sep 24, 2006, 14:19
Sep 24, 2006, 14:19

Hmm lots of pubescent boys in this thread?

Personally I could give a rip about CS it always sucked, to many aforementioned cheating kiddy's for my taste.

While I agree with the first statement, your 2nd one pretty much puts you in the same category.

And if you dont care about CS then why are you posting to the thread? And CSS isnt full of cheaters...even though plenty of people bitch about cheaters, it's just because they suck at the game and whine when everyone else kills them. It's easier for people to blame it on cheating than it is to accept that someone might be better than they are.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Company of Heroes.
This comment was edited on Sep 24, 14:26.

Awesome
Sep 24, 2006, 14:10
Awesome Sep 24, 2006, 14:10
Sep 24, 2006, 14:10

This is awesome news. Every game benefits from people having to adapt to new strategies. Rather than just finding the ultimate exploit and then using it every night.

Reminds me of Scorched Earth where you could have the prices of weapons dynamically set by supply and demand. Made it the best 2d, turn-based, artillery game every...

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older