Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Q&As

• Battlefield 2142
    The Battlefield 2142 Q&A, part two on Computer and Video Games wraps up their conversation with producer Jamil Dawsari about DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel: "2142 will be one of the most tested and active - as far as getting community feedback - of any Battlefield product. For example, we have a closed beta program going on right now. We will have an open beta later in the summer, we have over 60 testers on the product and we have everything that we've learned from Battlefield 2, so things like dolphin-diving and bunny-hopping will not be an issue in 2142 because we've already fixed it."
  • Gods and Heroes
    The Gods and Heroes Q&A on MMORPG.COM is a Q&A with Perpetual's Stieg Hedlund about their coming MMORPG: "Absolutely! When I first started working on this project I had never seen the formations in motion and I wondered if this was actually going to have any significant impact on the tactics and gameplay. Only after they got it fully implemented and I was able to see in action did I begin to appreciate what could be done and how it affects the game. The best example was the using soldiers and their special maneuver, Shield Wall, at E3. By having the soldiers take the front line, they can intercept incoming hostiles and thereby protect you and all your casters. Various configurations offer various benefits, and depending on the class and the feats that you choose, formations will become increasingly more important as you progress through the game."
  • Age of Decadence
    The Age of Decadence Q&A on No Mutants Allowed discusses Dark Tower's upcoming RPG: "It's huge. Really, really huge. However, the gameworld is location-based, and we can offer only 22 locations for you to explore. The travel system is similar to Fallout at this point: there is an overland travel map; you may explore freely; some locations could be found, some locations could only be added by someone or something (a scroll in a library, another map, markings on a wall, etc)."
  • Horizons
    MMORPG.COM's Horizons Q&A is a brief article-format conversation with David Bowman and Ed Andercheck about the just-announced sale of the MMORPG.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Horizons Jul 22, 2006, 00:50 FourPak

wait, what? huh?
What happens to Peter S. Beagle, celebrated author who was writing quests for the game???

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Age of Decadence Jul 22, 2006, 00:29 FourPak

re the screenshot:
"A typical battle. Needs more particle effects."
Inspirations: Michael Moorcock's Quarzhasaat's atmosphere, Glen Cook's The Tower of Fear's factions' dynamics, Cook's The Black Company's series overall atmosphere and the link to the past, China Mieville's The Scar's certain elements.

also gleaned from the interview -
more indie, Hard Core RPG goodness that i never heard of:
Prelude to Darkness
http://www.zero-sum.com/index.html
and it'll even run on my FeebleMeister 100 "computer" that i'm forced to use these days! woo!

4. Funny Isn't It? Jul 21, 2006, 23:19 Paranoid Jack

"2142 will be one of the most tested and active - as far as getting community feedback - of any Battlefield product. For example, we have a closed beta program going on right now. We will have an open beta later in the summer, we have over 60 testers on the product and we have everything that we've learned from Battlefield 2, so things like dolphin-diving and bunny-hopping will not be an issue in 2142 because we've already fixed it."

They don't realize how these comments rub some consumers the wrong way? They should have learned from some of the masters of game design... never admit your previous games were buggy or poorly tested. Never admit you made bad design decisions. Just comment on how this one is being made. Try not to repeatedly mention the things that may piss off people who bought those previous games.

Maybe they are trying to start a positive hype trend. Hoping it over powers the negative?

I'll admit I will try the beta and/or demo but I highly doubt I will buy the retail product. Took me a few years but I am learning... hell, sometimes I still throw caution to the wind and buy a game regardless of the odds of being burned.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 23:26.

3. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2006, 23:15 Masa

And every time they tell me that 2142 won't be buggy like BF2, another red slap mark appears on my face.

Yeah, it might be time to actually step away from your computer at this point...

2. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2006, 21:51 Cutedge

And every time they tell me that 2142 won't be buggy like BF2, another red slap mark appears on my face. How odd...

1. No subject Jul 21, 2006, 21:09 Jow

You notice how they keep trying to pound how buggy 2142 WON'T be compared to how BF2 is/was? Too little too late.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 21:16.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo