Pro Cycling Manager 2006 Demo

The Pro Cycling Manager 2006 Website now offers a playable demo for the sports management simulation. Word is: "In the demo you will have the opportuny [sic] to manage one of the current top team, the T-MOBILE team, oduring [sic] the 16th stage of the Tour de France between Bourg d’Oisans and La Toussuire Les Sybelles. A tutorial is also available in this demo to help you to get the best from your team during the race !" The download is mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

No subject
Jun 17, 2006, 14:06
No subject Jun 17, 2006, 14:06
Jun 17, 2006, 14:06

... or maybe it's that you don't have the slightest idea of what the gameplay of a good management game is like (again, I haven't tried this one, so I have no idea if it's good or not). Like I said earlier, management games are strategy games. However, I won't recommend it for people with a short attention span (often sparse graphics, lots of statistics, lots of fiddling with different strategies, etc)

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 14:07.

Re: Interesting
Jun 17, 2006, 12:26
Re: Interesting Jun 17, 2006, 12:26
Jun 17, 2006, 12:26

The activity is being a manager of a top World Cycling Club, something 99.5% of us will never ever get the chance to do.

Okay great, just like other games, where you actually do something. Like, fight a horde of demons on mars. Or ride a dragon to conquer evil. Or take a band of adventurers through the lands attempting to restore virtue. What's your point?

Clearly I struck a nerve in you, perhaps you are friendly with the dev team, or on the dev team, or someone who takes his bike/management strategy/gaming so seriously that my post had you frothing in rage!! (Ya think? With a name like RacingSloth?) You shouldn't get so bent out of shape so easily. It was a lighthearted comment, if it wasn't obvious by the sarcasm and fun-poking.

guess what genius...it came out...it was called "The Sims", and guess what...it sold millions.

Guess what, honors student!... in the Sims... you do a lot more... than watch them (play games, watch TV, socialize, swim, etc). Get the point? One thing offers a lot to do. And even though I'm not a fan of the Sims, I can assure you which is the higher quality product between the two.

If this game had the management in addition to a mode where during season you can act as the rider, that might be worth interest...

I'm glad there are lots of different types of games, ones that appeal to a variety of audiences.
Yes yes, you're frighteningly more enlightened than everyone else. In fact, I want nothing but a grey world of shooters with rocketlaunchers, one after the other.

Go troll elsewhere.
Go blow a goat.

Boycott Starforce
http://www.glop.org/starforce/
http://www.boycottstarforce.net

Cecelia
Jun 16, 2006, 22:14
Cecelia Jun 16, 2006, 22:14
Jun 16, 2006, 22:14

I like Cecelia.

A real down to earth person if you ask me.

Re: No subject
Jun 16, 2006, 20:08
Re: No subject Jun 16, 2006, 20:08
Jun 16, 2006, 20:08

I really wish they'd make a mountain bike racing game where you control the bike ride himself. Single-track through the mountains would be really fun.

Eh, actually they did. It was released back in '99 and wasn't very good.

Here's a site with some screens:

http://pc.ign.com/objects/012/012991.html

Hell, I had completely forgot about until I read your post.

I know I will never compete in the Tour D'France as a cyclist, a coach, a manager or anything else, but in this game I can play as a manager, employing what strategies I think the team should do.

Heh, don't take his comment to seriously. Just keep feeding him or her cookie cutter games and leave content until the next feeding.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 21:25.

Jun 16, 2006, 18:46
Re: Interesting Jun 16, 2006, 18:46
Jun 16, 2006, 18:46

These management types of games crack me up. Doubly removed, for those who:

1. don't want to do the activity (e.g., play sports)
2. don't want to simulate doing the activity (e.g., play a sports videogame)
3. just want to pretend they're managing other people doing the activity (kinda like watching television)

I sincerely hope you at least get to steer a bike if you want.

To begin the season, Press Begin!
[Begin]
Congratulations! Your team placed 2nd!

I personally can't wait for Codemaster's next hotly anticipated title, VideoGame Player Simulator! The game where you get to manage and watch customizable avatars who play videogames!

Your argument is completely flawed...what a shocker.

The activity is being a manager of a top World Cycling Club, something 99.5% of us will never ever get the chance to do. Just like most other games, you are simulating someone else, in this case, the manager and the strategies employed by all the members on the team. There are games that simulate bike riders...games like Excitebike.

I know I will never compete in the Tour D'France as a cyclist, a coach, a manager or anything else, but in this game I can play as a manager, employing what strategies I think the team should do.

The game isn't for everyone, especially if you aren't into the Cycling world, but it is fun if you enjoy strategy.

I personally can't wait for Codemaster's next hotly anticipated title, VideoGame Player Simulator! The game where you get to manage and watch customizable avatars who play videogames!

guess what genius...it came out...it was called "The Sims", and guess what...it sold millions.

If you want to play sports, go play sports, if you want to play a sports athlete, play a sports athlete, if you want to play a sports Manager, play that. I'm glad there are lots of different types of games, ones that appeal to a variety of audiences.

Go troll elsewhere.
gg

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 18:47.

No subject
Jun 16, 2006, 17:45
No subject Jun 16, 2006, 17:45
Jun 16, 2006, 17:45

Can't say I agree.

Manager games = Strategy games

I haven't tried this game (I'm not interested in cycling), but Football Manager 2006 ("Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006" in the US) is a great game. There's a lot of skill and strategy involved. Oh yeah, and I also enjoy playing real football and football games.

No subject
Jun 16, 2006, 17:41
No subject Jun 16, 2006, 17:41
Jun 16, 2006, 17:41

I've been hanging out for this for a long time!

No subject
Jun 16, 2006, 17:11
No subject Jun 16, 2006, 17:11
Jun 16, 2006, 17:11

Actually I kind of agree. I actually like watching bike racing, so this game should appeal to me, but the fact that it's mostly management of a cycling team kind of turns me away.

I really wish they'd make a mountain bike racing game where you control the bike ride himself. Single-track through the mountains would be really fun.

A FileFront Mirror
Jun 16, 2006, 15:58
A FileFront Mirror Jun 16, 2006, 15:58
Jun 16, 2006, 15:58

Jun 16, 2006, 15:31
Re: Interesting Jun 16, 2006, 15:31
Jun 16, 2006, 15:31

These management types of games crack me up. Doubly removed, for those who:

1. don't want to do the activity (e.g., play sports)
2. don't want to simulate doing the activity (e.g., play a sports videogame)
3. just want to pretend they're managing other people doing the activity (kinda like watching television)

I sincerely hope you at least get to steer a bike if you want.

To begin the season, Press Begin!
[Begin]
Congratulations! Your team placed 2nd!

Boycott Starforce
http://www.glop.org/starforce/
http://www.boycottstarforce.net
This comment was edited on Jun 16, 15:35.

Interesting
Jun 16, 2006, 15:05
Kxmode

Interesting Jun 16, 2006, 15:05
Jun 16, 2006, 15:05
 Kxmode

Looks nice. I'll check it out.

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_asylum_(05-10-2006).mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

No subject
Jun 16, 2006, 11:18
No subject Jun 16, 2006, 11:18
Jun 16, 2006, 11:18

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older