Evening Q&As

• Prey
    The Prey Q&A on Totally360.com preys on Timothy Gerritsen of Human Head Studios to get him to give up some details about their upcoming first-person shooter: "Yes, we're releasing the sdk and editor (Preditor) for Prey PC and will be actively supporting the mod community. However, to really make mod materials, you'd need a full keyboard and mouse set up, so the majority of the mods are developed for PC. However, we've discussed the concept with 2K that we'd like to promote mods for the 360 community by selecting high end mods and sponsoring their conversion for the 360 and they were really receptive to that. There's a fair number of details to work out before we can commit to that, but if we can make it happen, we really want to. We feel that promoting mods on Live would really expand the console gamer experience."
  • Heroes of Might and Magic V
    The Heroes of Might and Magic V Q&A on Strategy Informer chats with Oliver Ledroit from Nival Interactive about their upcoming heroic, mighty, and magical strategy sequel: "It was a bit like returning to the past. I really felt at home in this universe. Fantasy is a gender I am very familiar with, I know how to handle it even if this time the approach was a bit different. In graphic novels the characters are simpler, because you know that you will have to draw them hundreds of times from many different angles; My work on Might & Magic was more about designing characters, which allowed me to bring more details in the final drawing. Since my work on the Dark Moon Chronicles, I have worked on many other projects that allowed me to broaden the palette of characters I could draw. This helped me a lot for this work given the amount and variety of what had to be created. I think my work on Requiem also influenced my designs as they are darker, with more skulls…"
  • Sword of the Stars
    Computer Games Online's Sword of the Stars Q&A Part Two continues this conversation with Martin E. Cirulis of Kerberos Productions about their 4X space game: "The combat takes place in a full 3-D environment but movement orders have been taken down to an intuitive 2-D plane. Ships can still climb or dive over each other but their flight AI's handle that instead of forcing the player to take on the added interface learning curve of how to move ships in 3 dimensions in the middle of combat. The combat area itself is fairly huge. It encompasses the central word of the system and then radiates outwards allowing players to maneuver outside of enemy sensors and take different attack vectors as well as laying traps or feints. When build command ships, he can set up formations and layouts of his choosing. SotS uses a freeform fleet manager setup board with simple drag and drop controls where a player can set up any formation they want, assign attack groups and even set the order in which reinforcements will enter battle."
View : : :

bah prey
Mar 24, 2006, 02:13
bah prey Mar 24, 2006, 02:13
Mar 24, 2006, 02:13

Don't know why they waste their time with another flop. Rune was where it was at. I can only imagine a Doom3 engine Rune game by human head studios. What a waste..

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 02:14.
Date
Subject
Author
Mar 24, 2006Mar 24 2006
bah prey