Call of Duty Patch Update

The story about the Call of Duty 2 Xbox Live update last night (story) also contained an update about the PC patch that was promised four months ago now (story). Last month word was the patch was in testing and due "soon" (story), but now this has been downgraded again to "upcoming" in an update that does specify the two multiplayer maps to be included in the patch for the WW2 shooter sequel:
For fans of "Call of Duty 2" for Windows® PC, Infinity Ward and Activision have also revealed new details surrounding the upcoming release of a highly-anticipated update, which will include the previously announced PunkBuster™ anti-cheat technology, as well as two new multiplayer maps: "Rhine" and the longtime community favorite "Harbor", from the original "Call of Duty"
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

ROFL it took them half a year....
Mar 23, 2006, 15:02
ROFL it took them half a year.... Mar 23, 2006, 15:02
Mar 23, 2006, 15:02

Half a year to even get to the point of adding anti cheat to their game...sad. It just shows you how they care about their cod community. kthx.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

Re: Something
Mar 23, 2006, 11:03
Re: Something Mar 23, 2006, 11:03
Mar 23, 2006, 11:03

CoD2 sold well for PC did it not? I couldn't imagine a company cutting support for a game they are making money on.

*cough*EA&NeedForSpeedMostWanted*cough*

I agree that it'll be surprising if there's another patch beyond this. It took so long for this patch that by the time they even consider doing another one, it'll be well past its sales cycle and they'll be onto the next one. The single player game for me was hassle-free (other than the fact that this engine runs very badly relative to how it looks) and online, I didn't experience any problems at all until recently when I've noticed more cheaters. Other than the lack of anti-cheat, I think CoD2 was pretty well polished (especially when you look at bugfests like Battlefield 2.) However yeah, they're ignoring of the community isn't going to do well for the following the games have.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
www.pxa.ca
Parallax Abstraction
Twitch | YouTube | Podcast

No subject
Mar 23, 2006, 02:14
No subject Mar 23, 2006, 02:14
Mar 23, 2006, 02:14

You can't patch this piece of crap. CoD2 had less features and more primitive gameplay than CoD!

And remember the claims of non-linearity? Wow, instead of one alley, you now have a choice of three alleys to choose from!

The engine too, was NOT new, but a Q3 clone with some shader effects. They made a supposedly "new" engine for this?

I hope there is a serious game coming from Infinity Ward in the future, otherwise it's all over for them. What they pulled with CoD2 is unacceptable.

No subject
Mar 23, 2006, 00:58
No subject Mar 23, 2006, 00:58
Mar 23, 2006, 00:58

I think they are too late.
Clans are dropping COD and COD2.

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

Mar 22, 2006, 23:40
Re: Something Mar 22, 2006, 23:40
Mar 22, 2006, 23:40

You guys do realize that it's highly unlikely that there will be any further patching for cod 2 after this upcoming patch. It took them this long. COD 2 is shovelware. People should learn about infinity ward and activision support is like and keep that in mind when these companies release games in the future.

Mar 22, 2006, 23:24
Re: Something Mar 22, 2006, 23:24
Mar 22, 2006, 23:24

CoD2 sold well for PC did it not? I couldn't imagine a company cutting support for a game they are making money on. I personally didn't care much for CoD2 but my son spends 5 hours a day on it and he has been waiting and waiting for a patch for this game since day 1. The lack of the update doesn't seem to be affecting the online portion of the game since there are 1,000's of servers and 1,000's of people playing it as is.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 23:26.
"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

Something
Mar 22, 2006, 23:10
Something Mar 22, 2006, 23:10
Mar 22, 2006, 23:10

Well, at least they are still planning to release the patch instead of cutting off support. Even though the patch should have been here months ago. I hope PunkBuster does something for cheating. It wasn't bad for a long time, but now I've taken a hiatus from playing online because cheating has become much more commonplace. Hopefully this'll cut that down some.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
www.pxa.ca
Parallax Abstraction
Twitch | YouTube | Podcast
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older