Ships Ahoy - Oblivion (Official)

Stop the presses again, as another overdue press release announces the availability of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for Xbox 360 in North America. Here's the official announcement on availability of the RPG sequel, which actually arrived in most stores by yesterday, and will show up in Europe by Friday:
NEW YORK & ROCKVILLE, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 22, 2006--2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO - News), and Bethesda Softworks® today announced that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion(TM) is now available for the Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in stores across North America and will be available at stores in Europe on March 24th.

The long-awaited Oblivion represents the quintessential role-playing experience for the next-generation of gaming, inviting gamers into the sprawling environments of Tamriel, the most vibrant game-world ever created. With a powerful combination of freeform gameplay and lush, unprecedented graphics, gamers can choose to unravel Oblivion's epic narrative or simply explore the vast landscape in search of their own unique challenges.

Oblivion's story begins with the mysterious assassination of Emperor Uriel Septim VII, leaving the kingdom's throne dangerously vacant. With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion are thrust open, scattering demons and other hellish creatures across the countryside. To turn the tide, gamers must journey to find the Emperor's lost heir and defeat the plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.

"Oblivion is an engrossing and unique role-playing experience with incredibly deep gameplay," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director of 2K Games. "Gamers will be amazed when they see the revolutionary features that have made Oblivion one of the most anticipated titles of 2006."

Oblivion promises to be the defining RPG for the next generation, combining landmark visuals, a sprawling, sandbox universe with more than 200 hours of gameplay, intense first-person combat and realistic characters driven by the groundbreaking Radiant AI.

The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion is available for both the PC and Xbox 360 in regular and collector's editions. The collector's edition includes a 112-page Pocket Guide to the Empire, detailing every aspect of the world of Tamriel, as well as an extensive "Making of Oblivion" documentary and an authentic replication of the Septim Gold Coin, the official currency of Tamriel. PC gamers will also be able to bend the world of Tamriel to their will with the extensive Elder Scrolls Construction Set(TM).

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for Xbox 360 and PC, co-published by 2K Games and Bethesda Softworks, has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on the title visit the official web site at www.elderscrolls.com.
View : : :
279 Replies. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

Re: unicorn
Jul 31, 2006, 16:14
nin

Re: unicorn Jul 31, 2006, 16:14
Jul 31, 2006, 16:14
 nin

where do you get a unicorn

We're fresh out here. Teh Shack might have a few left, though...

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

No venomhed, you can't fuck me. Please stop asking.

unicorn
Jul 31, 2006, 16:02
unicorn Jul 31, 2006, 16:02
Jul 31, 2006, 16:02

where do you get a unicorn

Re: Fuck
Jul 31, 2006, 15:56
Re: Fuck Jul 31, 2006, 15:56
Jul 31, 2006, 15:56

i m a level 7 currently and my character is basically invincible. the only thing that hurts me is long falls.i ve got a couple of dwarve stuff elf stuff daedric ect. but if i use these its just a one hit kill. fights are just getting samey

Re: No subject
May 2, 2006, 16:45
Re: No subject May 2, 2006, 16:45
May 2, 2006, 16:45

where can i find glass armor?

ryan

Re: Horses
Apr 1, 2006, 16:15
Re: Horses Apr 1, 2006, 16:15
Apr 1, 2006, 16:15

There is nothing at the moment to add to horses. Beth originally said they were going to release and official mod to add armor to horses but they haven't spoken about that yet post-launch.

Horses
Apr 1, 2006, 05:17
Horses Apr 1, 2006, 05:17
Apr 1, 2006, 05:17

So how do i get my horse to have better stuff like iv bought a black horse but can i give it better armour etc or anything to it maybe only a better saddle?

horses
Apr 1, 2006, 05:12
horses Apr 1, 2006, 05:12
Apr 1, 2006, 05:12

can i buy upgrades for my horse now if so where can i get them i heard you could is it true or just a remour?

Mar 31, 2006, 16:25
Re: No subject Mar 31, 2006, 16:25
Mar 31, 2006, 16:25

Damn Scott, you added a whole page to this thread just by yourself. It wasn't really necessary as most of those questions got answered anyway but stick around in "The Underground Oblivion Thread Of Those With No Lives" Heh...

Hour 56, I finally started play CS:S again because I started to dream in ES4 instead of reality D:

Mar 31, 2006, 13:40
Re: No subject Mar 31, 2006, 13:40
Mar 31, 2006, 13:40

Hey guys, i found this nice list of mods. you may already be using a few, but thought i'd let ya know.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/downloads.html?mode=mods

Mar 30, 2006, 21:57
Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 21:57
Mar 30, 2006, 21:57

If so how long is left after the blood of the divines quest?

Is that the one where you track down TIber Septim's armor? In that case not long. Another dungeon crawl, a major battle, a final "dungeon", and then the conclusion, which is quite spectacular by the way.

Mar 30, 2006, 21:53
Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 21:53
Mar 30, 2006, 21:53

There was another one i found randomly. Near one of the major cities, just up the hill from it (doesnt exactly narrow it down does it?) there's a house that belongs to the Knights of something or other, i forget the name now. I'm just curious as to how i'm supposed to join that order.

I assume your talking about the lodge near Cheydinhall? You can join that if you rescue a certain character during a certain part of the main quest.

Re: Character pics
Mar 30, 2006, 21:52
Re: Character pics Mar 30, 2006, 21:52
Mar 30, 2006, 21:52

1) If I use it, I don't gain any athletics, which is a major skill, and already goes up way too slow.
2) I run faster than the damn horse does.

Well no wonder you run faster it's a frickin paint horse. Go to CHeydinhal and buy a black horse. Those things fly, and this is coming from a character with maxed speed too.

Re: Some more
Mar 30, 2006, 21:41
Re: Some more Mar 30, 2006, 21:41
Mar 30, 2006, 21:41

You level up after you've gotten enough major skills (I think it's 5 if you're < lvl 10 and then 10 if you're >10?). If you've levelled no minor skills since then, all your attribute stats are at +2.
If you level up a minor skill, the attribute that governs that minor skill gets a +1 bonus till your next level up, so it becomes +3. If you level it up twice, it becomes +4, and then +5 for three levelups of the minor skill.

Not exactly. It takes 10 Major Skill levels to level up. I forget the exact breakdown but if you level a skill (either major or minor) once then the attribute it governs will have a 2x bonus when allocating your attribute points. I forget the rest of the numbers but I know you have to level a skill (or a combination of skills that govern the same attribute) a total of ten times before you'll get a 5x attribute bonus when leveling.

Re: Let me get this straight...
Mar 30, 2006, 21:37
Re: Let me get this straight... Mar 30, 2006, 21:37
Mar 30, 2006, 21:37

Question, I went spellsword, my summonning skill (Is that conjuration, i think so) is at 11, and i have no spells for that skill, can i buy the spells from somewhere and get profecient in that skill? or is that gonna be a no as i use destruction and restoration spells?

You should be able to buy spells for it. The only limiting factor would be if you have low magicka points but if you have two other magic skills that shouldn't be a problem.

Mar 30, 2006, 21:35
Re: Let me get this straight... Mar 30, 2006, 21:35
Mar 30, 2006, 21:35

Has anyone found a decent way to help boost slash/blunt/ranged skills? other than by attacking bad guys?

You have to fight to get better. However the game doesn't seem to distinguish between power attacks and normal attacks when awarding experience. Therefore it's best to use the quick normal attacks if you're trying to raise your skill. Power attacks, while more risky in exposing you to counterattacks, do seem to be the more efficient way of taking down enemies however.

Mar 30, 2006, 21:33
Re: Let me get this straight... Mar 30, 2006, 21:33
Mar 30, 2006, 21:33

Are you saying that when I come back the opponents will now be more powerful just because I leveled up???

Basically. Frequently though if something is too hard and you return having leveled up you'll be better prepared for it. There's a part of the main quest where you have to kill 4 vampires, which I initially tried to do and got my ass handed to me. I came back after finishing the fighters guild quest line and while it was still challenging I was able to do it without having to reload three dozen times.

Mar 30, 2006, 21:24
Re: Fuck Mar 30, 2006, 21:24
Mar 30, 2006, 21:24

The whole 'stun lock' thing is just pure idiocy. One hit of an enemy's sword, I'm stun locked, my shield gets lowered, and I just stand there taking hits. But any time I manage to stun lock the enemy (rarely), I'm always stun locked as well, so I can't take advantage of it.

Yeah the stun lock can seriously fuck you. You can be doing great and kicking the opponents ass but once they stun you and do several follow up blows you better be punching that healing potion hotkey. I kind of like it though, keeps you on your toes in combat cause if you slip up you're gonna be sucking down a ton of potions.

Mar 30, 2006, 21:22
Re: Fuck Mar 30, 2006, 21:22
Mar 30, 2006, 21:22

Try lowering the difficulty slider in the gameplay menu and you should be alright.

That would explain a few things. I literally went through 5 magical weapons killing all the wraiths at Sancre Tor. Complete pain in the ass. If you want to play a combat heavy character it is essential that you have armorer as a skill, otherwise your equipment wears out after only like five encounters.

Mar 30, 2006, 21:20
Re: Fuck Mar 30, 2006, 21:20
Mar 30, 2006, 21:20

Btw, has anyone here finished the investigation of the missing painting in Castle Chorrol? I'm trying to buy a house in that town, and the bitchwhore duchess won't let me until ( I guess) I've finished that investigation. The aggravating part is that I KNOW who did it, but since I have apparently missed some fucking teensie "clue" somewhere, the game won't let me accuse the culprit. I hate it when game designers try to go all CSI on you.

SST

Talk to all the people you're supposed to talk to. The three pieces of physical evidence are the odd painting in the west tower, the painting supplies in the Redguard servants room (can't remember her name), and splotches of paint on the carpet in the dining hall. Get the journal entries for all three and accuse the redguard woman. Then talk to the Countess. Quest Solved.

Mar 30, 2006, 21:14
Re: Fuck Mar 30, 2006, 21:14
Mar 30, 2006, 21:14

What do I have all this gold for?

Houses and horses. If you want to buy all the houses in the game it'll take quite a bit of gold. Also the best horse, other than the unicorn, costs 5K. Typically horses last you a while, but I still probably went through three over the course of my first game.

There's no point in leaving, levelling up a bit and coming back, because the clannfears will just level up as well.

Get your level high enough and the clannfears basically go away. I found some of the higher level daedra (like the daedroth, spider daedra and Xvili) to be considerably easier than the lower level ones.

After you close the first oblivion gate, you have to attack the town and break the siege. Me and the five NPCs go in there.
We face FIVE ClannFear, TWO Daedroth (like huge fucking lizards that do about a BILLION damage per blow) and two Daedra wizards.
It was almost painful to watch the NPCs get slaughtered. I'm talking about 3 seconds tops to watch that horde slaughter five NPCs.

Yeah I've always been curious how anyone would manage to break the Kvatch seige at a higher level. I was barely able to do it at level 7. That's probably one of the hardest areas. Oddly enough the final area, doesn't seem to scale as closely as say the Oblivion gates do and is a result a hell of a lot easier than the quest where you have to close like 7 gates.

279 Replies. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older