Into the Black

The Olympics are over, right? Now it's March Madness... another sporting phenomenon that has just never captured me.

R.I.P.: Crash kills former game show host, wife.

Alert Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Story: Dog show salutes Katrina's canines.
Science!: Satellite closes in on Noah's Ark mystery.
Media: Bill Gates and Napoleon Dynamite.
Auction: Over 35 older DOS-Win CD games - All originals.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: March Madness
Mar 15, 2006, 21:36
Re: March Madness Mar 15, 2006, 21:36
Mar 15, 2006, 21:36

Basketball sucks.

That's why I started my own March tournament event a few years ago. It's called March Nadness because I am creative and original.

There are two tournaments, one for chicks and one for nerds. Chicks play board games like operation and nerds play video games like Atari 2600 Fishing. Gender doesn't matter. Everyone gets drunk and competes for a chance to win The Golden Raccoon or The Other Thing.

I've found it to be way more fun than watching 64 3 hour events that don't matter until the last 5 minutes anyway. I highly recommend throwing a Nadness party to protest the meaningless sports that distract from the only two that matter, hockey and football (American, obviously).

Word of warning: cleaning out your own vomit from a heating duct can be either expensive or gross, depending.

Re: Noah's Ark
Mar 15, 2006, 13:15
Re: Noah's Ark Mar 15, 2006, 13:15
Mar 15, 2006, 13:15

Whoompa, whoompa, whoompa, whoompa

Lord: Noah!

Noah: Somebody call?

Whoompa, whoompa, whoompa

Lord: Noah!

Noah: Who is that?

Lord: It's: The Lord, Noah.

Noah: Riiight! ... Where are ya? What you want? I've been good.

Lord: I want you to build an Ark.

Noah: Riiight! ... Whats an Ark?

Lord: Get some wood an' build it. 300 cubits by 80 cubits by 40 cubits.

Noah: Riiight! ... Whats a cubit?

Lord: Lets see a cubit... I used to know what a cubit was.. Well don't worry about that Noah. When you get that done, go out into the world and collect all of the animals in the world by twos - male and female - and put them into the ark.

Noah: Riiight! ... Who is this really? What's going on? How come you want me to do all these weird things?

Lord: I'm going to destory the world.

Noah: Riiight! ... Am I on Candid Camera? How you gonna do it?

Lord: I'm gonna make it rain for a thousand days and drown 'em right out!

Noah: Riiight! ... Listen to this, you'll save water: let it rain for 40 days and 40 nights, and wait for the sewers back up..

Lord: Riiight!

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]
-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Noah's Ark
Mar 15, 2006, 12:46
JM
Noah's Ark Mar 15, 2006, 12:46
Mar 15, 2006, 12:46
JM

I see absolutely zilch in that photo aside from a red oval that someone drew on the picture. How anyone could have looked at that and saw Noah's Ark is beyond me.

Re: Wow...
Mar 15, 2006, 09:14
Re: Wow... Mar 15, 2006, 09:14
Mar 15, 2006, 09:14

The only problem with that system, Dan, is that they cut back on the video memory with only 256 MB. If you're paying for SLI, you don't want the system to be thrashing to system memory when you right at ultra high graphic settings.

At the highest settings, games do use 512 MB of video ram.

Wow...
Mar 15, 2006, 08:05
Wow... Mar 15, 2006, 08:05
Mar 15, 2006, 08:05

http://www.sagernotebook.com/pages/notebooks/product.cfm?ProductType=5950

Dan =0)

You can help me save the Earth from a terrible experience... yes, the whole Earth.
Self-plug: http://www.dankupka.com
Self-plug #2: http://blog.myspace.com/dankupkamusic

Crash kills former game show host, wife.
Mar 15, 2006, 01:41
Crash kills former game show host, wife. Mar 15, 2006, 01:41
Mar 15, 2006, 01:41

Oh man I remember watching that gameshow a lot as a kid. Even more tragic was that he and his wife were ferrying a medical patient down to San Diego.
Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

Kings win again, baby....
Mar 15, 2006, 01:30
Kings win again, baby.... Mar 15, 2006, 01:30
Mar 15, 2006, 01:30

and beat the fucking Lakers. NICE!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fears path, and only I will remain

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

No subject
Mar 14, 2006, 23:17
WarPig

No subject Mar 14, 2006, 23:17
Mar 14, 2006, 23:17
 WarPig

Now it's March Madness... another sporting phenomenon that has just never captured me.

It's all about the gambling baby! I just kind of keep track of NCAA basketball but I love scouring the internet for expert tips to fill out my brackets so I can win a few bucks off my co-workers. And like any sporting event, once you have a rooting interest in the game, especially a monetary one, it makes the whole thing fun to follow - even if you don't actually watch the games themselves.

-------------------------------------------------------
Bleh

GO SEAHAWKS!
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older