Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Gothic III NA Delay Confirmed

Aspyr sends along a follow-up to news that the German edition of Gothic III is delayed (story), confirming the presumption that this also represents a delay for the English edition of the game. The North American edition of Piranha Bytes' RPG sequel, like the German edition, is now due this fall, after previously being expected first quarter of 2006 (story). Word is:

AUSTIN, TX (March 13, 2006) - Aspyr Media today confirmed that Gothic III, the highly anticipated, epic role-playing game for PC, will land on North American store shelves this fall. The announcement comes on the heels of news from worldwide publisher JoWooD Productions that the title will be available in its territories in September.

"Gothic III is shaping up to be a truly stunning and massive RPG,” said Michael Rogers, president of Aspyr Media. “Gamers are going to be blown away by the beautiful visuals and deep, open-ended gameplay as new elements are revealed in the coming months. We’re sure that everyone will be clamoring to get their hands on this one in the fall.”

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Neat Mar 14, 2006, 12:37 Com

Strange, I've always preferred Gothic's gritty, "gothicy" graphics to Morrowind's Alice in Wonderland graphics. Art direction is more important than technical prowess I think.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Neat Mar 14, 2006, 08:59 SlamDunk

I am not too wowed by the Gothic 3 graphics. Very claymation looking...

All the shots we have seen are highly "work in progress" in their nature. I'd judge the visuals only after seeing the shots near the release, probably in the summer we'll get to see shots with finalized design, art and tech.

But anyways... graphics have never been the main point in Gothic games, it's the content, the feeling and the atmosphere they create.

8. Re: Neat Mar 14, 2006, 05:12 Leonidas

If everything goes as planned we'll see 3 kickass RPGs this year: TES4, G3 & NWN2. I'm buying them all.

Good times.

7. Neat Mar 14, 2006, 01:34 venomhed

Be great if Bethesda and the folks that make Gothic would get together to make the ultimate game.

Bethesda could and should learn a lot about story and role playing from Gothic. Gothic could learn a lot about interface and graphics, though the graphics aren't bad in Gothic 1 and 2, mostly the environments stood out.

I am not too wowed by the Gothic 3 graphics. Very claymation looking, but if it plays great Im all for it.

6. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2006, 01:14 Halsy

TES has always been boring. Gothic has always rocked.

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

5. No subject Mar 13, 2006, 21:53 D4rkKnight

And I say the same about Oblivion, even though I did not care that much for Morrowind, just knowing TES history, the anticipation for a new one is very high.

If they can come close to Daggerfalls spectacular gameplay it will be one of the best games ever made with ridiculous graphics as well.

Unfortunatly the fact that its consolefied is what lended the "poor feeling" to morrowind, theres no doubt in my mind thats the reason I didnt care for the way morrowind played, it just felt off.

On that note...they arnt going to xbox Gothic 3 are they? Goddamn Xbox!

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 21:55.

4. Re: Not exactly surprising Mar 13, 2006, 21:44 Masa

I pre-ordered both Oblivion and G3 off them at the same time when the release dates were around the same but I was sure I'd see Gothic 3 first.

I'd rather see Gothic 3 first. I really didn't have that much fun with that Elder Scrolls game, especially compared to the Gothic series. One of the few games I'd buy with alost no hesitation, just given the history of the series. I'm going to wait on Oblivion, or at least until the general consensus for the game comes out.

3. Execellent news! Mar 13, 2006, 20:16 Acleacius

Take your time Piranha Bytes, you guys, ROCK!

Nice PR work, playing off the attention Aspyr is getting for DUMPING starforce.

Gothic series are brilliant, indie titles that suffer from some inventory issues and complicated controls, which can be turned OFF, for beginners to the series.
Though that information was NEVER known to most reviewers and gamers due to NOT being included in the crapy manual, doh!

Afaik, these guys work really long hours for years with this series and never really gave any English interviews on previous two games.
Piranha Bytes, seem to be making an effort to give English interviews Gothic now days, which will make a huge differnce in public awareness.

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

2. The G in RPG Mar 13, 2006, 18:05 SlamDunk

This is the game that has been the number one on my list ever since the first rumours emerged on the net.

By the way, there's a extensive fan Q&A session going on in the JoWood forums: http://personal.inet.fi/atk/kjh2348fs/gothic3_ask_the_devs.html

1. Not exactly surprising Mar 13, 2006, 18:04 Awesome Spume

Play.com have had this listed for a late June release since well into last year. I pre-ordered both Oblivion and G3 off them at the same time when the release dates were around the same but I was sure I'd see Gothic 3 first. Meh.

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.gp32x.com/

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo