Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Battle for Middle-earth II Patch Plans

The Battle for Middle-Earth II Website (thanks C&C DEN and Ant) mentions server outages and offers details on plans for a couple of upcoming patches for the Lord of the Rings RTS sequel:
The bit of bad news is that we’ve had some server outages since launch that have kept people from playing multiplayer as much as they wanted to over the last 4-5 days (we had one outage yesterday that lasted for a number of hours). I apologize to all of you for the outages. We can and will do better than this. Thank you for your patience as we work through these issues and improve server stability.

I also wanted to let everyone know we are working hard on two patches for the game. One will go out very shortly – in a matter of days – to address a few “out of synch” errors that people have been getting, a rare crash that has been reported when the multiplayer lobby screen is up for long periods of time, and a few other short term issues. The next patch is due out in 3-4 weeks and will include some balance changes, fixes for a few exploits, a change to the way game results and stats are reported for the ladders, some improvements to the game, and other goodies. What am I talking about when I say “balance changes”? Well, we want to make walls a bit more effective without slowing down the pace of the game (which is a consistent theme in feedback from our community), tone down the Elven Silverthorne Arrows upgrade a bit, and balance some of the hero powers.

Also, I know some of you are having issues with the way game results are being reported on the ladders; as mentioned above, the fix for this is planned for the second patch - but if we get a solution sooner rather than later we’ll consider doing a quick patch just for that fix.
View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2006, 12:25 Nibs

I'll second that Tango, there is no reason to not support 16:10, I'm sure the xbox 360 will have it.

We just need to keep making a stink on this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2006, 09:16 Ventura

Do you think they'll ever get it right?

In BFME1 walls were strong, walkable, but static. So that pissed everyone off.

In BFME2 walls are weak and non-walkable, so even though you can build them anywhere, nobody cares.

At the end of the day, they used the LOTR license to build a game that doesn't feel like LOTR atall.

3. No subject Mar 10, 2006, 08:57 TangoBaker

Heck, I'd settle for some decent widescreen support.

C'mon people, it's 2006. You screwed me out of my jetpack and hovercraft, at least let me get some actual use out of my 16:10 monitor...

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 08:57.

2. Re: Siege Weapons Mar 10, 2006, 00:12 The Half Elf

Hell look at all the patches and timeframe the first game went through, especially considering the last patch was the big 'Balance' patch, ya think they woulda gotten this right out of the box.

But that's EA for ya, ship it and patch it.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

1. Siege Weapons Mar 9, 2006, 23:30 Cheese

Just fix it so its worth making them, for now a few trolls can break down a wall and thats just not balanced.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >