Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Supreme Commander & S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Delays

Gamecloud (thanks Frans) reports that THQ's latest conference call for financial analysts revealed delays for both Supreme Commander, the upcoming RTS game from Gas Powered Games, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, GSC Game Worlds long-in-development first-person shooter. They report both games are now expected in THQ's fiscal year 2007 fourth quarter, making them due between January and March of 2007.
View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: ... Feb 5, 2006, 13:15 Prez

Anyone else surprised how close SC looks to the TA games? It's got better graphics (natch), yet somehow it retains that TA look.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: ... Feb 5, 2006, 11:32 Gandhi

God I love Total Annihilation. Still fire it up every now and then. The have my confirmed pre-order for SC whenever it becomes available.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra/Ele lvl 20), Shiva Sung (Mo/Me lvl 20), Mangal Pandey (Ne/Wa lvl 20)

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

37. Re: ... Feb 5, 2006, 02:08 The Half Elf

Well at least people have actually played Stalker (there was a multiplayer get-together sometime last year if I remember correctly).

Hell all we have for DNF is the quake engine video and maybe one with the Unreal engine and some screen shots, but that was years ago.

As for Supreme Commander, well I can wait awhile for some good RTS action that gives me Total Annihilation type rush again.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

36. Re: ... Feb 5, 2006, 00:29 Apathy Curve

DS was what I expected of it, a CRPG like Diablo with better graphics

Precisely. You can't always be right on the edge of innovation, and you can't please all of the people all of the time--doubly so when you change genres entirely.

Not everybody likes the same thing. For example, I despised the Warcraft series, and that goes quadruple for WoW. But I loved Diablo and its sequels. But they're all from the same development house.

Give Taylor a chance, Ventura. He's done it once already with TA, and he's created what a lot of people--me included--consider a good (if somewhat workmanlike) action CRPG in DS. Perhaps he'll get back to his forte with SC and knock everybody's socks off. I, for one, certainly hope so.

35. Re: WHAT A JOKE Feb 4, 2006, 17:13 Prez

STALKER delayed? Well color me surprised.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

34. WHAT A JOKE Feb 4, 2006, 15:25 Wildone

SERIOUSLY, STOP INSULTING US WITH STALKER. END IT NOW, THIS CONSTANT PUSH BACL BULLCRAP IS TIRESOME, WE DONT GIVE A TOSS ANYMORE THQ GOT IT??

33. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 14:41 Panick

I loved TA and DS. I must be a freak of nature.

And it must have been more then just me that liked it if they made a DS2 + expasion pack in the works. Just because someone doesnt like a game doesnt mean it's bad. I hate coh2, but It's a great game in itself. I hate sport games but that doesnt mean they are bad games.

32. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Delay Feb 4, 2006, 13:58 Bone43

1. Duke Forever

2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

lets see which one comes out first.

31. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Delay Feb 4, 2006, 13:39 Mystical PotatoHead Groove Thang

vapourware

30. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 13:34 dagger

DS was what I expected of it, a CRPG like Diablo with better graphics..I didn't expect a pen and paper rpg.

29. Re: fiscal year 2007 Feb 4, 2006, 12:53 RTSNut

Yep, this means Holiday 06.

28. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 12:43 Ventura

Entirely different genre of game?? You haven't noticed the majority of RTS's these days merging in certain RPG elements then Zadillo? Hero units, leveling up, unique abilities, that sort of thing? Hell, TA itself had units with levels based on how many kills they got. Sorta sounds a bit like experience to me.

All I'm saying is that Chris Taylor went from innovation to imitation. TA was 5 years ahead of its time, and DS was 5 years late. The guy who made one of the best games the world has ever seen then went on to create two absolute stinkers.

But hey, if that doesn't phase you, and if you're still pumped about SC, more power to you. I've just been played too many times by the developers in this industry to keep falling for it...

27. ... Feb 4, 2006, 12:38 theyarecomingforyou

SC looks pretty naff. There are so many better RTS games due this year:

SpellForce II
GhostWars
SPORE (a bit different)
Caesar IV
Desperados 2
Star Wars: Empire at War (from the creators of C&C)
City Life
Anno3

Ovbviously I reserve judgement til I've actually played it, I'm just going on first impressions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

26. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 12:09 dagger

I loved TA, I am looking forward to SC. DS has nothing to do with it, at least for me.

25. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 12:07 Zadillo

What the hell does the quality of Dungeon Siege (an entirely different genre of game) have to do with whether we should expect to be disappointed in Supreme Commander? It seems like you could logically point to the fact that Chris Taylor clearly knows what he's doing with RTS's, and people who liked TA a lot have no reason NOT to be looking forward to Supreme Commander, even if they didn't like DS. I can't think of any other situation where this logic would make sense. Say that you have a favorite writer who specializes in mysteries, and his mystery books have always been excellent; then he writes a sci-fi book that you don't like. And then you hear he has a new mystery coming out; logically speaking, you'd still have every reason to expect something very good out of him.

24. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 12:02 Ventura

Enjoyed Dungeon Siege then, did you? Didn't think so.

You're setting yourself up for a big letdown, but hey, far be it from me to burst the bubble.

23. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 12:00 dagger

YOu didn't like DS, then it must be bad.....

SC is TA2.....enough said

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 12:10.

22. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 11:50 Ventura

Total Annihilation was great, yeah, and I could understand getting all excited about SC if it's what Chris Taylor went on to do straight after TA.

But no, it's not, and I just can't stop thinking about Dungeon Siege. He was the man, right up until he released that pile of garbage. And then the sequel. Just shoot me.

If SC is "the only PC gaming title you were excited about this year", you're going to have a crap year, because if Chris was any more a has-been, he'd be John Romero's brother

21. Re: ... Feb 4, 2006, 11:23 Jow

SC looks like it's going to blow? rofl. Whateva. SC was THE only PC gaming title I was excited about this year.

20. Stalker Feb 4, 2006, 11:21 venomhed

How could stalkers engine look good by next year? The slippery slope to delays. I cannot think of one game that has as many delays as this that turned out great? I am sure there are some, but I just can't remember one.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >