Into the Black

We did a little holiday shopping at the nearby mega-mall today, and mega it is. I recall seeing somewhere that the Palisades Mall is actually the second largest in the land... I don't know if that's true, but the place its pretty big, but more importantly it offers something that even the larger and more impressive Mall of America does not have, which is a Fat Burger. This is just one of a small scattering of these west coast mainstays in the northeast, and the only one in New York State. I was told today that more of these are on the way in the greater NY area, but in the meantime, what bills itself as "The Last Great Hamburger Stand" (and I'm not going to argue) is one of the best enticements to subject oneself to the mall I've ever found.

Fat Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Link: Worship the Machine.
Stories: Customer Gives Pizza Man His Own Card.
Science: Munich scientists study bystander effect.
Will humans mine for gold on the sea floor? As opposed to mermaids?
Antarctica's ice bottom exposed.
Image: Alien Balloon.
Media: Knife Trick.
Follow-up: Ozone Hole Recovery May Take Longer.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Fat Burger
Dec 7, 2005, 13:40
Re: Fat Burger Dec 7, 2005, 13:40
Dec 7, 2005, 13:40

From what I understand their burgers are good but overpriced
Last time I went to LA I was determined to go to a Fat Burgers. I'd heard they were so great, the ultimate burger, blah blah. Finally got my hands on one and ... meh. It was ok. It was a burger. Better than fast food but not any better than any of the non-fast food burgers I can get around here.

Dec 7, 2005, 09:40
WarPig

Re: Fat Burger Dec 7, 2005, 09:40
Dec 7, 2005, 09:40
 WarPig

Some of the best burgers I've ever had were in various taverns and it seems like where ever I go I can pick out any rustic looking bar or tavern and get a kick-ass burger. There's a local one here, Jack-sons, who serves up my favorite teriyaki burger (hold the tomato).

-------------------------------------------------------
I think a good gift for the president would be a chocolate revolver, and since he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up real quick and hand it to him. - Jack Handy

Dec 7, 2005, 09:15
Re: Fat Burger Dec 7, 2005, 09:15
Dec 7, 2005, 09:15

seem to prefer Farmer Boys

I used to frequent the Farmer Boys there on LaPalma in Anaheim - their breakfasts were great, especially for the price. Never tried the burger, though as it was always an early-morning stop.

*** Warhawk ***

Your repeated violation of the Verbal Morality Statute has caused me to notify the San Angeles Police Department. Please remain where you are for your reprimand.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

No subject
Dec 7, 2005, 05:17
No subject Dec 7, 2005, 05:17
Dec 7, 2005, 05:17

I feel the same way about Popeyes chicken. They've closed many of the stand-alone locations while opening up stands at local mall food courts. I've driven miles and fought rush hour traffic to get a taste of its spicy goodness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Dec 7, 2005, 04:18
Re: Fat Burger Dec 7, 2005, 04:18
Dec 7, 2005, 04:18

From what I understand their burgers are good but overpriced

This is my assessment as well. And make sure your schedule is clear when you order one. For the best left coast bang-for-the-buck burger, In-N-Out is still the top dog.

Dec 7, 2005, 01:46
Re: Fat Burger Dec 7, 2005, 01:46
Dec 7, 2005, 01:46

Fatburger rocks. I have been known to drive miles out of my way for these.

Dec 7, 2005, 01:41
Re: Fat Burger Dec 7, 2005, 01:41
Dec 7, 2005, 01:41

From what I understand their burgers are good but overpriced. People in the know here (Riverside) seem to prefer Farmer Boys. Their Chili Size (that's the item name, yes) is good. Guess I now got a reason to try Fatburger out though. There's one only 2 miles from where we live.

http://www.fatburger.net/
http://www.farmerboys.com/

edit: My own absolute favorite burger so far is the Carl's Jr Six Dollar Guacamole Bacon Burger. MMMMMMMMMM!

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 01:44.
listening to http://www.progulus.com/ a mountain stream of progressive, rock and metal

Fat Burger
Dec 7, 2005, 01:25
Fat Burger Dec 7, 2005, 01:25
Dec 7, 2005, 01:25

I've traveled through just about every state in the west and driven across the country 3 times and have never heard of a Fat Burger that I can recall.

Based on this:

http://www.fatburger.net/map2/index.html

most states with one appear to be in the east. The closest one to me is on the far side of Sacramento, apparently. Out of the 52 listed for California, only one is north of the Grapevine (greater LA area). Seem to be a SoCal product that is branching into other areas, according to their website.

Any better than a Red Robin burger? Love those Whiskey River BBQ burgers (no tomato). MMMMMMMM.

*** Warhawk ***

Your repeated violation of the Verbal Morality Statute has caused me to notify the San Angeles Police Department. Please remain where you are for your reprimand.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older