Out of the Blue

Go big blue! Eli stunk, but the Giants defense looked pretty stout yesterday. Iffy play or not, defeating the dreaded Cowboys and taking sole possession of first place makes for a good day.

Stout Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: Just My Type. Thanks Mix.
Links: Huh Corp - We do stuff. Thanks Leon.
The First Video Game.
Amazon.com - Chinese Democracy. Thanks ASLayerAODsk.
Stories: Oprah for President? How About Paris Hilton?
Instant Millions Can't Halt Winners' Grim Slide (registration required).
Feel the Pixar love in NYC.
Science: 'Copying' nerves broken in autism.
Cozy Blanket for Disaster Victims.
Media: Prince of Persia 3 - Man vs Wall. Thanks Devicer.
Indiana Jones Can't Stop Katamari Damacy.
Pimp my Ren.
Teh Funnies: ActionTrip Comic Strip.
View : : :
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: No subject
Dec 6, 2005, 10:18
Re: No subject Dec 6, 2005, 10:18
Dec 6, 2005, 10:18

So Batman, are the Vikings getting you excited yet?

Only because I have been chanting Brad's name all year.
I am not a fan of the Vikings, actually only by location.
When they let Dungy go, I converted (I was actually a Bucs fan before that, but you didn't go around telling people!!!!!)

I just want to see them end up in a winning season with Brad at the helm. He is a very solid QB and they need to see that. Culpepper is a joke. Nothing more needs to be said. I do have to say kudos to our secondary, as they have done a BETTER job lately. I am not sure what it took to light that fire under their ass, but if you watch the tape, you can still see BIG HOLES in the coverage. If a team were to do their homework, we would be dead in the water.

/edit: Forgot to mention, I was also rooting for the Hawks, as I have been a fan since 86.
Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.
This comment was edited on Dec 6, 10:19.

Dec 5, 2005, 23:28
WarPig

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 23:28
Dec 5, 2005, 23:28
 WarPig

The drunk naked guy running across the field?

It's 42-0 in the third quarter, plus it's freezing and snowing... he might be on his way home right now.

I don't mean that in a mean spirited way either, as a Seahawk fan I've definitely been-there-done-that.

So Batman, are the Vikings getting you excited yet? I've always liked Brad Johnson. Believe it or not I was a huge Viking fan right up until the 'Hawks were moved to the NFC. The Vikings were my team before Seattle had a team - way back in the pre-Metrodome Tarkington, Forman, Page, and Eller days.

-------------------------------------------------------
I think a good gift for the president would be a chocolate revolver, and since he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up real quick and hand it to him. - Jack Handy

GO SEAHAWKS!

Dec 5, 2005, 21:59
Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 21:59
Dec 5, 2005, 21:59

Oh, and look out for Bronco in the stands tonight!

The drunk naked guy running across the field?

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

No subject
Dec 5, 2005, 21:18
No subject Dec 5, 2005, 21:18
Dec 5, 2005, 21:18

I hope they don't repeat that shit in the 3rd Bourne flick.

I hope they keep the "shaky cam" or whatever you call it. Actually, it looks like they used all hand held cameras. It made it seem like you riding along with Bourne than just an audience, with a kind rough feel to it. Definitey made the movie more interesting than the static/super smooth camera action that feels so sterile in a movie like this.

Personally, I want to see Syriana this weekend. Looks good.

Yeah..I wish I could see it. Guess need to read the book it was loosely based from too.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 21:20.

Dec 5, 2005, 21:02
WarPig

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 21:02
Dec 5, 2005, 21:02
 WarPig

Now everyone be quiet, the Seahawks are on Monday Night Football.

Oh, and look out for Bronco in the stands tonight!

I think a good gift for the president would be a chocolate revolver, and since he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up real quick and hand it to him. - Jack Handy

GO SEAHAWKS!

Dec 5, 2005, 20:59
WarPig

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 20:59
Dec 5, 2005, 20:59
 WarPig

But you forgot shiny metal!

No, I left out big hairy... because, like I said, I am a gentleman.

I mean…come on…for real! It is so obvious!

Ummmm ok, whatever you say Enahs.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Dec 5, 2005, 20:56
Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 20:56
Dec 5, 2005, 20:56

... both Heather and I were rather shocked (and dismayed) at her being aced that early and suddenly.

Apparently so was Franka Potente herself She did a small interview a couple of years ago and seemed a little dismayed at her dying off so quickly. Or supposedly dying off.

Dec 5, 2005, 20:05
Enahs

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 20:05
Dec 5, 2005, 20:05
 Enahs

Heh warpig! But you forgot shiny metal!

Not the one I saw... both Heather and I were rather shocked (and dismayed) at her being aced that early and suddenly.

Ok, to be fair they did not explicitly say she died in the trailer. But you two need to be more observant!

Watch this again:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/the_bourne_supremacy/

I mean…come on…for real! It is so obvious!

http://www.frappr.com/bluesnewsmembers
Show me where you live! I promise it will only hurt the first time.
This comment was edited on Dec 5, 20:06.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Dec 5, 2005, 19:58
Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 19:58
Dec 5, 2005, 19:58

It was in the damn trailer for the movie!

Not the one I saw... both Heather and I were rather shocked (and dismayed) at her being aced that early and suddenly.

But appropriate PA reference nin

Dec 5, 2005, 19:57
Gojo

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 19:57
Dec 5, 2005, 19:57
 Gojo

Simply brilliant Warpig.
Almost made the water I was drinking shoot out my nose when I read that.
=-Gojo-=

Dec 5, 2005, 19:50
WarPig

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 19:50
Dec 5, 2005, 19:50
 WarPig

Because I'm a gentleman, my reply to you will not be so crass because I don't remember seeing that in the trailer!

GO SEAHAWKS!

Dec 5, 2005, 19:36
nin

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 19:36
Dec 5, 2005, 19:36
 nin

A little of the ol' SST would have been appreciated there my friend as I haven't seen the movie yet!

This calls for today's Penny Arcade...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

In short, there is a statute of limitations.

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

Dec 5, 2005, 19:30
Enahs

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 19:30
Dec 5, 2005, 19:30
 Enahs

A little of the ol' SST would have been appreciated there my friend as I haven't seen the movie yet!

SST:It was in the damn trailer for the movie!! So SST that!

- W. C. Fields

Dec 5, 2005, 19:14
WarPig

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 19:14
Dec 5, 2005, 19:14
 WarPig

Too bad they killed his GF off early in the first movie as Franka Potente is the hot!

The first movie kept pissing me off too with over obvious speeding up the film to make Matt seem like a bad ass.

You'd rather Bourne look like some overpaid Hollywood actor who couldn't fight his way out of his favorite Beverly Hills hair salon? I know what you're saying, but personally I didn't mind the way they did the first one. At least they weren't doing those wire tricks where the guys fly twenty feet through the air after being hit - that's what pisses me off in a lot today's movies.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Aeon Flux
Dec 5, 2005, 19:08
Aeon Flux Dec 5, 2005, 19:08
Dec 5, 2005, 19:08

Well I saw it over the weekend and it was a letdown...they changed too much (made the Villan not "such a bad guy afterall" , not as sureal..) and Charlize wears litttle to no make-up , and her skin is a little "overfreckley"...she's still a hot babe , but..

Then watched most of Saw 2...not as good as the first one but still enjoyable and "cringeworhty"

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest
profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first".

Dec 5, 2005, 18:09
Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 18:09
Dec 5, 2005, 18:09

One bonus I will give Palmer is he is a student of the game still. He watches and learns, he sees what other QB's are doing and trys to take the best from them, etc.

As for beating Manning, you are right. No one will. Bengals gave it the best shot in my opinion and if we would have stopped them a few times that game would have turned out very interesting. At least that was a lost that was very fun to watch and luckily with such a young team we have I will get to watch more of those games down the line.

Re: X-Men
Dec 5, 2005, 17:55
Re: X-Men Dec 5, 2005, 17:55
Dec 5, 2005, 17:55

The design Spielberg's team chose looked very similar to the walkers in HL2.

Well, that makes sense, since HL2 "borrowed" the design from WOTW. Personally, they reminded me most of the tripod design from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol 2.

http://drzeus.best.vwh.net/wotw/other/league2.jpg

http://drzeus.best.vwh.net/wotw/other/league1.jpg

-B

Dec 5, 2005, 17:45
Enahs

Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 17:45
Dec 5, 2005, 17:45
 Enahs

That fucking shaky cam in the 2nd Bourne movie really ruined it.

Yes. Pissed me off all to hell.

Cerograph a 3 minute fight scene and have the actors work on it for weeks straight and then do not let us see any of it... brilliant!! The first movie kept pissing me off too with over obvious speeding up the film to make Matt seem like a bad ass. It seems to be a pattern that they will all suffer from some stupid camera trick the director tries.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 17:45.
- W. C. Fields

Dec 5, 2005, 17:37
Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 17:37
Dec 5, 2005, 17:37

How many f'in movies are Matt Damon and George Clooney going to be in together.
First it was Matt and Ben Afleck, now he can not seem to do a movie without Georgey.

They work well together. So rock on!

Except the bourne movies…I liked those a lot. Too bad they killed his GF off early in the first movie as Franka Potente is the hot!

She's ok, but I'd most likely engage in sexual congress with her anyway. That fucking shaky cam in the 2nd Bourne movie really ruined it. I hope they don't repeat that shit in the 3rd Bourne flick.

Anyway, go see Syriana.

"Many defendents get religion when they want mercy from the court. When you see me coming out for Jesus, you'll know they really have something on me."
- HST
"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

Dec 5, 2005, 17:31
Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 17:31
Dec 5, 2005, 17:31

I thought creston got a new job and moved?

Well, I moved about five blocks, yeah
I may still wind up moving to Columbus, OH, but if that happens it won't happen until next year (my wife's a teacher and she can't just up and quit her job, so we could only move during summer break.)

DMW,

I'll agree that your defense doesn't look as intimidating as Chicago's, but I still think you're doing pretty well. Then again, in the AFC, it doesn't really matter anyways, since I doubt anyone's beating Indy. And with the Pats able to lock up their division even while going 8-8, and slowly getting healthy again, does anyone really want to bet against them in the playoffs? Brady isn't 9-0 in the playoffs for nothing...

As for the play calling at the end of the game, yeah that was Palmer's fault but you have to remember this is really really young QB and still need to learn how to play call to run down the clock.

True, and I know he'll learn, but it was still just awful awful clock management, and something I hope his coordinator and head coach are going to sit down with him for, and show him on tape just how badly he screwed that up.
If the Steelers hadn't killed themselves on that final drive with those two monstrous penalties, I would have given them very good odds to tie the game.

Palmer still needs to learn what Manning has learned this year. When you are on the field as an offense, your goal is twofold.
1) Try to score. Obviously.
2) Perhaps even more important, GIVE YOUR DEFENSE TIME TO REST.

It took Manning eight years to figure this out, so Palmer can be forgiven for not realising that so far, especially coming out of USC where defense is considered those really annoying minutes where you aren't throwing touchdowns, but he better learn it at some point. The Bengals defense was running on fumes of the fumes at the end of the game. I wouldn't have given a nickle for their chances in OT.

Creston

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older