Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Dear Diary

Guild Wars Fansite Friday #61 on the Official Website (thanks Guild Wars Slovenija) offers an update from Guild Wars lead designer Mike O'Brien offering ArenaNet's stance on in-game farming: "Of course, the number of players who engage in any of these activities -- farming exploits, using bots, selling or buying in-game items for cash –- is very small relative to the total player base. At ArenaNet we play the game just like you do, so we know that for most of you, gold is a precious commodity that you work hard to attain. In fact, our statistics show that 50% of all active accounts have fewer than 10 platinum pieces, and 75% of all active accounts have fewer than 20 platinum pieces. So when we make small tweaks here and there to keep the economy under control, please understand that we’re not trying to make the game harder for the average player. We work hard to understand how normal players play and how extreme players play, and then find just the minimal changes necessary to keep the economy healthy and fair."

View
3. Re: Healthy and Fair Oct 16, 2005, 14:55 ZigZang

Do tell. Where is your favorite farming spot? I've been looking for a decent way to generate some cash and I don't have any characters suitable for "runners". I'm not looking to get a ton of cash just enough to buy a new set of armour (I'm currently 100% broke after a skill buying spree).  
ZigZang
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 16, 12:35 Healthy and Fair FourPak
  2. Oct 16, 13:52  Re: Healthy and Fair Grasman
>> 3. Oct 16, 14:55   Re: Healthy and Fair ZigZang
  4. Oct 16, 18:05    Re: Healthy and Fair Grasman
  5. Oct 17, 01:26     Re: Healthy and Fair Tr0n
  6. Oct 17, 10:49 Bullshit Creston
  7. Oct 17, 11:50  Re: Bullshit nin
  8. Oct 17, 15:18   Re: Bullshit Creston
  9. Oct 17, 18:42    Re: Bullshit Ray Marden