4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Land waste
Oct 5, 2005, 09:36
Jim
Re: Land waste Oct 5, 2005, 09:36
Oct 5, 2005, 09:36
Jim

Microsoft soon to be known as microtrash.

They should just build the landfill on the Microsoft property.

Wasn't Disney behind this Dump Video Disk as well?

Jim

Re: one-play-only...
Oct 5, 2005, 04:58
Kix
Re: one-play-only... Oct 5, 2005, 04:58
Oct 5, 2005, 04:58
Kix

Hmmm.... I, for one, remember what DIVX was before it was a codec.

K

one-play-only...
Oct 5, 2005, 04:25
one-play-only... Oct 5, 2005, 04:25
Oct 5, 2005, 04:25

Wait for the next big bomb to drop.

Micro$oft did not invent this, or the concept. I just hope the person that did had the smarts to visit the USPO. Prior art does exist for the DVD, CD and the VHS market as well. I held the self erasing VHS in my hand while the guy (salesman) explained that this would be available for CD's and all other analog or digital media.

I predict that Micro$oft will one day claim that "all characters typed on a computer screen are owned by Micro$oft" forcing all of us to pay a "per-character royalty"...just you wait.

Before that one goes to "kort", expect them to make a claim on Air, Mouse, HTML, Keyboard, Computer and a whole bunch of other silly stuff.

"Computer?" you say...they tried to force the BIOS industries to do the same utter crap they did with the X-BOX. If the computer was sold as "Windows Compatible", they did not want it booting anything else – period. This is for real – not a conspiracy theory. They are getting whacked (have gotten whacked) in court for this. It had to do with the discounted price computer companies were selling bundled Operating System/Utilities packages for. They claimed that the software package was worth $500.00 USD and sold the computers for $888.00. Now, you have to guess at the parts cost because of bulk prices and OEM discounts. That package could not have cost any more than $50.00.

Imagine that, running Linux on your “Windows Only” computer would be breaking the law. Or, if you were to build your own computer, it would only run non-M$ software. If you booted an M$ product on it you would go to jail.

But I rant on...sorry.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 04:28.

Land waste
Oct 5, 2005, 02:35
Land waste Oct 5, 2005, 02:35
Oct 5, 2005, 02:35

Microsoft soon to be known as microtrash.

All companies should be taxed hard or forced to have a return postage preapplied to a one time use product.

Disposable dvds are going to add up to a big recycling problem . Video stores will have to have a return policy inorder to force a customer to return a used dvd to get the next one. But like that will ever work.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older