Out of the Blue

A hearty thank you to several folks who took the time to write in warning that some weasel deal ad here was trying to install some scummy application or ActiveX or whatever it is that they use to make using the internet such a daring experience. As always, such things should not happen here (they actually shouldn't happen anywhere, but we have a strict policy against that here), and the powers-that-be have been scolded into working on getting that fixed. You shouldn't have to worry about encountering this in the meantime, though... assuming that those powers-that-be are off in their yachts or planning tourist trips outer-space, I have pulled the offending ad code until I'm sure this is taken care of (so they may have to fly to Mars coach class).

Again, apologies.

R.I.P.: Chief Justice Rehnquist Dies of Cancer.

Active Links: Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Media: Octopus v Shark. Thanks WarPig. You're gonna need a bigger shark.
Sweet Dunk! "Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."
Auction: Luxor Hotel Blue Man Group Theater Chairs.
View : : :
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Rehnquist
Sep 5, 2005, 21:26
Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 21:26
Sep 5, 2005, 21:26

Uncle Tom? So now you've gone from Hitler comparrisons to racist statements. Congratulations on being an idiot!!!!

Sep 5, 2005, 17:23
Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 17:23
Sep 5, 2005, 17:23

See Halsy, I can call a spade a spade, and you still act like a douchebag. I'm not sure why you think these are mutually exclusive ideas.

Sep 5, 2005, 16:52
Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 16:52
Sep 5, 2005, 16:52

Halsy, you act like a total douchebag, whether I agree with you or not.

Fuck you and any other Uncle Tom who isn't willing to stand up and call a spade a spade.

"Well...here's to feelin' good all the time!"
- Kramer
"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

Sep 5, 2005, 14:55
Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 14:55
Sep 5, 2005, 14:55

And Tango, you're dreaming if you think that Bush is going to nominate anyone more liberal to the court.
Mmm sure, I agree. I was merely saying what I wish would happen. While I am not American and thus not particularly affected by US court decisions, especially on moral matters, I just find it sad that a nation so keen to instill liberty on certain (oil owning ;P) countries should have people at the top of its judicial tree should be keen to remove liberties (or prevent them ever taking off) from its subjects.

Of course, those that agree with the sentiments of Rehquist et al will feel quite the opposite, as is their freedom to do so.

Haha.

Sep 5, 2005, 12:22
Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 12:22
Sep 5, 2005, 12:22

Pat Robertson must be kicking himself by now.

Sep 5, 2005, 12:04
Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 12:04
Sep 5, 2005, 12:04

Nice to see the level of discourse hasn't gotten any higher here.

And Tango, you're dreaming if you think that Bush is going to nominate anyone more liberal to the court. Rehnquist may have been an ass hole, but his death is still not a good thing for the country. Now we're going to have to live with his successor (Bush nominated Roberts for chief justice today) for the next 30-40 years.

Sep 5, 2005, 07:13
Prez

Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 07:13
Sep 5, 2005, 07:13
 Prez

Anyone think they can give me the "anti-Riley Pitz" script that someone created, only modified to block out Halsy?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sep 5, 2005, 04:41
Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 04:41
Sep 5, 2005, 04:41

This forum ceratinly needs ideas coming from someone with your perspective once in a while
Can't believe Im saying it, but: agreed. While I often disagree with Halsy and alway disagree with his approach to debate ("STFU moron etc." :)) I have to say in this case I don't feel much loss for Rehnquist.

The man was just against a lot of things I'm for: desegregation, abortion (ok: choice), state aid for religion, etc.

While I'd never say I was glad someone was dead, and certainly cancer of the thyroid isn't much fun, I sincerely hope this is an opportunity for a more liberal replacement. Note: not "leftist" - liberal. Someone who upholds and looks to extend liberty to as many as possible, in as many ways as possible. Of course, it remains to be seen how lucky I get.

Confinement
Sep 5, 2005, 03:19
Confinement Sep 5, 2005, 03:19

I'm not suggesting he be confined for the rest of his life, just as long as his tenure as president. As for my over-the-topishness, Mark Twain once said, "The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." Perhaps I failed to arm myself properly... Thanks in any case, Mr. Grimm.

No subject
No subject Sep 5, 2005, 03:19

A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it. If we knew what a number of people are actually dead and what a number of these dead people govern our lives, we should go mad with horror.

- G. I. Gurdjieff

Re: lets see what happens if i...
Sep 5, 2005, 02:52
Re: lets see what happens if i... Sep 5, 2005, 02:52
Sep 5, 2005, 02:52

I don't think he's done an acceptable job as President. But wanting to confine him for life, etc., etc., just makes you look over the top and makes your actual message very hard to accept.

lets see what happens if i...
Sep 5, 2005, 02:19
lets see what happens if i... Sep 5, 2005, 02:19
Sep 5, 2005, 02:19

George W. Bush is a stooge. He's a spoiled rich brat all 'growed' up. On top of this, he has a low IQ and is susceptible to persuasion. The Military Industrial Complex has never had a better ally. Our current president springs to action when no action is necessary and chokes or twiddles his thumbs when crisis arises. George W. Bush should be placed in solitary confinement for at least as long as his remaining years as president. There, he can pray for Rhenquist's soul and perhaps learn to read a newspaper. The flaming bag of poop prank is too good for Mr. Bush, leaving few other options. One of which would be to stick his hand in warm water while he is sleeping, causing him to wet his pants. Another option might be to smear feces all over his face and call him a greedy whore. Let us hope George W. Bush atones for his sins prior to his leaving office so as to prevent the above actions from being undertaken. Perhaps I have it all wrong... All who disagree, please explain why you think Bush is acceptable. I really want to be wrong, help me out. Please.

Two things on Rehnquist
Sep 5, 2005, 02:18
Two things on Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 02:18
Sep 5, 2005, 02:18

First, he served in WWII. For whatever his beliefs were, he'll still get some degree of respect from me for that.

Secondly, anyone who pulls out the Hitler analogy instantly fails. There is no one like Hitler in power, and *deity* willing there never will be.

Being glad someone dies in a somewhat long and drawn out way because his political views didn't agree with yours is incredibly narrow-minded and fanatical; you do your side no good.

For the record, I'm not Dem or Rep; I consider myself a moderate. Both sides are equally stupid, and I would vote for Clinton/McCain on the same ticket as soon as the doors opened.

Sep 5, 2005, 02:06
Re: Rehnquist Sep 5, 2005, 02:06
Sep 5, 2005, 02:06

Go Halsy! This forum ceratinly needs ideas coming from someone with your perspective once in a while. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with you, which I do to a degree now and then, only that things would sometimes be a little one-sided here otherwise. Can't say I'm able to muster much respect for Rehnquist myself, me being a Swede and he associating a good old Swedish name with those foul ideas of his.

Reality is a nice place, but I wouldn't want to live there!
listening to http://www.progulus.com/ a mountain stream of progressive, rock and metal

Re: Octopus v Shark
Sep 5, 2005, 01:50
mag
Re: Octopus v Shark Sep 5, 2005, 01:50
Sep 5, 2005, 01:50
mag

Yes, Halsy. Because for anyone less than fond of George Bush and his ilk, it is a terribly awesome thing that he now gets to appoint a new justice to the Supreme Court. Dumbass.

Edit: For the record, I hate Bush, and do not know enough about Rehnquist to have an opinion about him personally. Dying of cancer is never cool, though, and the guy had some tenacity.

Also, I think it's super shitty that all three branches of government will remain in one party's control. That's just never good, regardless of party.
This comment was edited on Sep 5, 01:54.

Sep 5, 2005, 01:20
Re: Octopus v Shark Sep 5, 2005, 01:20
Sep 5, 2005, 01:20

And with that, the thread is doused, the match is lit, and it's all downhill from here...

Someone needed to start it. Blue's just wouldn't be a legitimate website without a flamewar of its own over the Rehnquist deal. Guess it got started a little late, though... Maybe just a flame skirmish?
I eat pasta!

Sep 5, 2005, 01:02
Re: Octopus v Shark Sep 5, 2005, 01:02
Sep 5, 2005, 01:02

I have to thank you for that last post Halsy. You've finally made me see the light. I now understand that even with your pretend degree in Politcal Science, and you constantly reminding us how smart you are, in reality you're nothing. You're still a little asshole that results in the greatest of all overblown comparisons to try and make a point. Equating Rehnquist with Hitler just shows how little you know. I'm guessing you're about 35, sitting at home alone(I highly doubt you have a girlfriend or wife), overwheight, typing your little political rants on a gaming site because you know you would get your ass handed to you in any real political discussion group and you're too impotent to actually make a difference. I pity you, I truly do. Maybe someday you'll acutally get off your ass, put down the game controller and make a difference. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Sep 5, 2005, 01:00
Re: Octopus v Shark Sep 5, 2005, 01:00
Sep 5, 2005, 01:00

"STFU you moron. No one ever wants to hear your stupid drivel - ever. Have some respect? For what? A fucking fascist like Rehnquist? You probably weep on the anniversary of Hitler's death every year, don't you? What do you even know about him? Like most Bushbots, not a fucking thing, clueless idiot that you are. America is failing because of you and your ilk. The fact that retards like you like that fucking fascist only further proves him dying is a good thing. Have the common decency to follow suit and kill yourself already."

Kerry lost. Ha Ha Ha. When you cried election night my year was made....and you did cry, making your sadness such a joy for me. Ha Ha Ha.

Sep 5, 2005, 00:59
nin

Re: Octopus v Shark Sep 5, 2005, 00:59
Sep 5, 2005, 00:59
 nin

And with that, the thread is doused, the match is lit, and it's all downhill from here...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 10 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

Sep 5, 2005, 00:46
Re: Octopus v Shark Sep 5, 2005, 00:46
Sep 5, 2005, 00:46

I really didn't want to respond to your trolling, Halsy, but I gotta say that the only stupid drivel I wish I never had to hear is the garbage that falls out of your mouth. Why don't you start acting somewhat close to your age, instead of the teenage punks that hang out at jr. hi school?

I like Pop Tarts
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older