Battleground Europe Stress Test

The Battleground Europe Free Play Page is where to sign-up for the beta stress test for Battleground Europe, the upcoming European invasion of World War II Online. Word is:
Want to try out Battleground Europe?

Just follow the signup link below to create an account and try out Battlegroud Europe. Your account will be active between Thursday, August 25th and Monday, August 29th.

Battleground Europe free play accounts cannot be converted to premium accounts and will be deleted at the end of the free play period. A retail CD Key will be required to continue playing after the promotion ends.
View : : :
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer

No subject
Aug 25, 2005, 16:29
No subject Aug 25, 2005, 16:29
Aug 25, 2005, 16:29

Anyone played this game lately? I remember getting screwed at launch and dropping the game about a month after that. I would imagine if it is still around it has gotten much better. Any ideas?

Re: No subject
Aug 25, 2005, 16:45
Re: No subject Aug 25, 2005, 16:45
Aug 25, 2005, 16:45

Why not just take the dive and grab the free play? I am.

Aug 25, 2005, 17:19
Re: No subject Aug 25, 2005, 17:19
Aug 25, 2005, 17:19

This has to be some kind of record, right? Only FOUR YEARS after launch the first expansion shows up?

The Jedi Master

Aug 25, 2005, 17:29
Re: No subject Aug 25, 2005, 17:29
Aug 25, 2005, 17:29

Battleground Europe?

Weren't they already fighting in Europe?

they should call it something like:

"Battleground here is the rest of the game we promised you Four Fucking Years ago"

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 17:31.

Aug 25, 2005, 17:49
Re: No subject Aug 25, 2005, 17:49
Aug 25, 2005, 17:49

Anyone played this game lately? I remember getting screwed at launch and dropping the game about a month after that. I would imagine if it is still around it has gotten much better. Any ideas?

after reading the forums and looking at a few of the new movies it looks like they have things tightened up considerably (like the others said, after 4 years you would hope so). The community seems like a friendly bunch (most military sim games tend to have a more mature population) so it can't hurt to check it out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Aug 25, 2005, 17:59
Re: No subject Aug 25, 2005, 17:59
Aug 25, 2005, 17:59

This has to be some kind of record, right? Only FOUR YEARS after launch the first expansion shows up?

Yea to recall an earlier thread, they really milk ya...

I have only TWO complaints about WW2 online. The graphics are dated, but that never bothered me, because they were "good enough" and the gameplay was fantastic...

1. At the start of a campaign they don't lock sides, so each player is able to play either Allied or Axis at any given time. There was a huge numbers advantage of Axis players, many times 4 to 1. In the middle of a campaign you'd have this huge exodus of Allied players switching to Axis and steamrolling the map. Its something that you don't realize when you sign up to play, only after a few weeks in the middle of a campaign do you realize what happens. I immediately unsubscribed after I found this out.

2. The graphics are scalable and its possible to scale down your graphics to display the bare minimum of foliage. A player who has his graphics on HIGH thinks he is hiding in foliage, when in reality he appears completely in the open to a player who has scaled his graphics back to low.

If you decide to play the trial YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST get in a squad and get on some type of voice chat with other players. If you do not do those two things you will die constantly, become frustrated and hate the game. My first week I nearly un-installed a half dozen times until I squaded up and got on Teamspeak. I had a great time until I found out about the above two niggles. Dealing with the numbers imbalance and team switching in the middle of a campaign was total BS.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 18:08.
"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

Aug 25, 2005, 18:17
Re: No subject Aug 25, 2005, 18:17

Yeah, we all thought we'd be flying to work in rocket packs by now.

I play video games. I even played MOH and COD (back before I was crippled with CTS and MS became a strain). I'd be more willing to try out Matrix Online than this.

Here's why. About 60 years ago my relatives fought a war with a bunch of Europeans - now unlike the English, Welsh and Scottish my people had the choice whether to sit it out or enlist. Oddly enough a lot decided to enlist because it was, apparently, the right thing to do. Down south, in Dublin where the IRA (Irish teRrorist Army) came from the government was throwing balls for Hitler and loving the attention. You might want to think about that next time you consider a leprechaun. Irish Pixies = Nazis. Anyway. My Grandpa (grandpop) enlisted in the navy. Technically he was 15 at the time and they where the only ones willing to take him. Long story short he survived and went on to marry Kitty. Now Bill and Kitty's first born was Bill(2), followed by Hugh and John. Bill married my mum who was a Banbridge runaway who cut hair to avoid a life of assisting sheep shagging. Her words. Hugh married Dorothy, who is and was notoriously ambitious. She's probably my favourite relative.

Meanwhile John eventually married Barbara back in the 70s. Barbara already had a son who we embraced as our own wholeheartedly. I like the guy and don't even think of him as family when I'm wondering who to torment next. John died at 48 from alcohol related conditions, long after the divorce. He's my favourite uncle.

So, what's my point? Barbara is German. Paul, her son my cousin, is at least half German. His sister, Karen, is a quarter-German Goth chick. Everything else be damned but I like Goth Chicks. Karen's fiance died from a heart defect about 4 years ago but she's built like a brick shithouse. I don't mean fat I mean evil-sturdy. When her guy died I couldn't belive the way this strong woman just collapsed (to date I have not had any major emotional attachments to anyone or anything, so what do I know) but when she'd done grieving she told us all what she wanted us to do. My family is nothing if not resilient. Lately Karen has been seeing a Canadian guy who came here to go to University but who stayed to work for the Alliance party. She has a baby with the other guy (I don't remember his name) but his family didn't want to know. I wish her the best of luck and for a cousin she's still a pretty hot chick.

Or to put it another way. I have no interest in your "world war". We've moved on and your attempts to liken this to a police action in the Middle East is a Waste Of Time

Re: WWII Online
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:17

A good WWII Online experience is completely dependent on Teamplay. Lone Wolfing in that game will lead to frustration and death. If you don't play in a squad and get on Teamspeak, you might as well not even try the game at all. I can't stress this enough.

Some WWII Online training sites... it literally takes about two weeks of playing to acclimate yourself to the environment, identify sounds (i.e. enemy gunfire) and develop situational awareness. BF1942 and its mods are mere child's play compared to this stuff. There's Teamspeak protocol and in-game lingo and jargon to learn. E.I. stands for Enemy Infantry, E.A. stands for Enemy Armor, PZ stands for Panzer, E.Ar stands for Enemy Aircraft, FB stands for Forward Base (or Fire Base) and so on.

http://www.thetrainer.info/

http://www.chawks.com/WWIIOLfornoobs/TSGuide.htm

http://www.ogm.wwiionline.com/Infantry.htm

http://training.wwiionline.com/scri...ining/index.jsp

http://www.oldabe.org/train_infantry.htm

Game Terminology. Very Useful.
http://training.wwiionline.com/scri...ng/glossary.jsp

Race's WWII Online guide. Quite extensive.

http://www.bkbhq.com/users/race/

Snoop's Training videos. Excellent.

http://www.snoopstuff.com/
"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

No subject
Aug 25, 2005, 18:22
No subject Aug 25, 2005, 18:22
Aug 25, 2005, 18:22

I can tell you that if you play WWII Online, you'll have a lot more interesting gameplay stories than Awesome Spume's Defective Genealogy Simulator.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 18:36.

Aug 25, 2005, 18:26
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:26
Aug 25, 2005, 18:26

There's Teamspeak protocol and in-game lingo and jargon to learn.

What stands for "Fuck Off You Freak?"

FOYF? I've been typing that but I can still see your posts.

EDIT: no offense, dude. I know you people have "special games" needs. More power to you bucko.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 18:28.

Aug 25, 2005, 18:29
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:29
Aug 25, 2005, 18:29

Yea, um who's the freak? I think you're the one in headgear..shouldn't you get back to your "crafting"?

posted by Awesome Spume....
Yeah, we all thought we'd be flying to work in rocket packs by now.

I play video games. I even played MOH and COD (back before I was crippled with CTS and MS became a strain). I'd be more willing to try out Matrix Online than this.

Here's why. About 60 years ago my relatives fought a war with a bunch of Europeans - now unlike the English, Welsh and Scottish my people had the choice whether to sit it out or enlist. Oddly enough a lot decided to enlist because it was, apparently, the right thing to do. Down south, in Dublin where the IRA (Irish teRrorist Army) came from the government was throwing balls for Hitler and loving the attention. You might want to think about that next time you consider a leprechaun. Irish Pixies = Nazis. Anyway. My Grandpa (grandpop) enlisted in the navy. Technically he was 15 at the time and they where the only ones willing to take him. Long story short he survived and went on to marry Kitty. Now Bill and Kitty's first born was Bill(2), followed by Hugh and John. Bill married my mum who was a Banbridge runaway who cut hair to avoid a life of assisting sheep shagging. Her words. Hugh married Dorothy, who is and was notoriously ambitious. She's probably my favourite relative.

Meanwhile John eventually married Barbara back in the 70s. Barbara already had a son who we embraced as our own wholeheartedly. I like the guy and don't even think of him as family when I'm wondering who to torment next. John died at 48 from alcohol related conditions, long after the divorce. He's my favourite uncle.

So, what's my point? Barbara is German. Paul, her son my cousin, is at least half German. His sister, Karen, is a quarter-German Goth chick. Everything else be damned but I like Goth Chicks. Karen's fiance died from a heart defect about 4 years ago but she's built like a brick shithouse. I don't mean fat I mean evil-sturdy. When her guy died I couldn't belive the way this strong woman just collapsed (to date I have not had any major emotional attachments to anyone or anything, so what do I know) but when she'd done grieving she told us all what she wanted us to do. My family is nothing if not resilient. Lately Karen has been seeing a Canadian guy who came here to go to University but who stayed to work for the Alliance party. She has a baby with the other guy (I don't remember his name) but his family didn't want to know. I wish her the best of luck and for a cousin she's still a pretty hot chick.

Or to put it another way. I have no interest in your "world war". We've moved on and your attempts to liken this to a police action in the Middle East is a Waste Of Time

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 18:41.

Aug 25, 2005, 18:45
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:45
Aug 25, 2005, 18:45

I refer you to my earlier answer.

Aug 25, 2005, 18:46
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:46
Aug 25, 2005, 18:46

You small little man. Here's to your dead brother you fuck.

Aug 25, 2005, 18:48
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:48
Aug 25, 2005, 18:48

Um, Hey there guy, I didn't quite see that quote you posted - could you post it again please. I'm not just looking for jelly rights to make you look stupid. Honest. Oh, too late.

Aug 25, 2005, 18:49
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:49
Aug 25, 2005, 18:49

Hehe.. have another drink... loser = Awesome Spume

Man, I had to come back and edit that post because it looks better with your name in it...

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 19:59.

Aug 25, 2005, 18:52
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:52
Aug 25, 2005, 18:52

Hmmm. I don't have a dead brother. THAT I KNOW OF!!!!

SWEET LORDY I'MMS GOTS ME A DEAD BROTHER. BATEN UPS THENS HATCHES!!! BATEN. BATEN UPS. BATEN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT BATEN UP MEANS BUT YOU BETTER DO IT!!!!

Aug 25, 2005, 18:55
Re: WWII Online Aug 25, 2005, 18:55
Aug 25, 2005, 18:55

I'm a loser and you're responding to my trolling? Uh, okay.

I've no idea who or what you are Jaquasuirt but if you want to hang with me you'll have to act stupid.

Pretty much there then.

trial
Aug 25, 2005, 19:07
trial Aug 25, 2005, 19:07
Aug 25, 2005, 19:07

what's the point of such a short free trial if it takes so long to get acclimated to the game?

Re: trial
Aug 25, 2005, 19:25
Re: trial Aug 25, 2005, 19:25
Aug 25, 2005, 19:25

Kukuman:
what's the point of such a short free trial if it takes so long to get acclimated to the game?

Very good point!!!

Re: trial
Aug 25, 2005, 20:09
Re: trial Aug 25, 2005, 20:09
Aug 25, 2005, 20:09

If you've played this game before, but haven't been active in the last year, you won't be able to use your old account:

"All former players who are not currently active and have been active at least once in the last 12 months are eligible."

I don't think I want to go through the trouble of trying to make a playnet account again. I still remember the terrible website inferface. They should also have ditched that playgate stuff. Trying to remember which name to use (playnet name, game name) is always a pain in the butt.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer