Battlefield 2 Patch Delay

The EA Games Website has an update on Battlefield 2 (thanks Frans), recomending the new CATALYST drivers, discussing stats issues, the addition of more ranked servers, and offering word on a delay to the planned version 1.03 patch:
In this space about a month ago, EA and DICE listed many of the feature tweaks and updates that are pending for the 1.03 Update. In order to address the key issues as quickly as possible, we set an aggressive release date for the end of August. Unfortunately, as we approach the end of this month, it has become apparent that we will not meet this goal, and we wanted to keep you abreast of our progress. We are committed to making the 1.03 Update as comprehensive as possible, so while it is important to us to keep the release date, it is more important that we take the time to do this right. We will avoid committing to another date, but know that our goal is to get 1.03 out to you as soon as we’re certain it will deliver what we know you’re all hoping for. Keep fighting soldiers, the 1.03 Update is coming!
View : : :
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: I got a bridge to sell you
Sep 3, 2005, 14:13
Re: I got a bridge to sell you Sep 3, 2005, 14:13
Sep 3, 2005, 14:13

I too have started receiving Multiple Direct3D loaded. The only thing I can think of is that loading Half-Life 2 somehow conflicts with BF2, or vice versa, but I can't imagine why this would be an issue for PB. Regardless, this is beyond my control. I'd like to have both games installed if possible. What is EA doing to resolve the conflict?

Re: ...
Aug 20, 2005, 18:37
Re: ... Aug 20, 2005, 18:37
Aug 20, 2005, 18:37

BF2 doesn't have hitscan weapons. All bullets have flight time and are effected by gravity.

I don't know what you mean by "damage output".

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 18:38.

Re: ...
Aug 20, 2005, 16:50
Re: ... Aug 20, 2005, 16:50
Aug 20, 2005, 16:50

I just want Quakeworld Enemy Territory to come out.
BF2 vehicles.. with the smooth physics and PROPER damage model + hitscan that ET delivers.

the one complaint i have about BF2 is that the hitscan and damage output seems very VERY random

Re: No subject
Aug 20, 2005, 14:31
Re: No subject Aug 20, 2005, 14:31
Aug 20, 2005, 14:31

Blackhawk wins the STUPID generalization post of the month award...

An amazing number of people have been finding the whole BF2 gameplay experience to be frustrating and agravating, specifically because of the things you say you're fixing. Me, along with a huge number of other people have pretty much quit playing so as not to be completely burned out on the broken version by the time the patch is released.

An amazingly huge number of people think you are a dickhead. lol

---
USA 2010: "Citizen, where are you going? Your Papers Please." (Just say NO to the National ID card)
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: No subject
Aug 20, 2005, 14:24
Re: No subject Aug 20, 2005, 14:24
Aug 20, 2005, 14:24

ahahahah I so called this a month ago when they announced the patch...

Still, love the game. Haven't had this much fun since Tribes 1-2. I just wish I didnt have a life, so I could join a good clan.

---
USA 2010: "Citizen, where are you going? Your Papers Please." (Just say NO to the National ID card)
This comment was edited on Aug 20, 14:28.
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

No subject
Aug 20, 2005, 13:16
No subject Aug 20, 2005, 13:16
Aug 20, 2005, 13:16

The user count for BF2 is approaching 800,000 registered players, who knows how many dup accounts though. Do you really think they give a toss? Nope.

Whether they release a patch or not doesnt matter, they made the money.

Curry pot noodles give you the farts

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 13:17.

Re: Hey, EA
Aug 20, 2005, 13:08
Prez

Re: Hey, EA Aug 20, 2005, 13:08
Aug 20, 2005, 13:08
 Prez

An amazing number of people have been finding the whole BF2 gameplay experience to be frustrating and agravating, specifically because of the things you say you're fixing. Me, along with a huge number of other people have pretty much quit playing so as not to be completely burned out on the broken version by the time the patch is released.

All due respect of couse, but a WAY larger, more amzing number of people are quietly and happily continuing to enjoy blowing the hell out of one another online.

Right or wrong, the disgruntled are the minority. EA is therfore under no real pressure to release a patch to appease the vocal minority. They will never discount you (to your face) or be rude, but they aren't really phased too much by those of us who are unhappy.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

No subject
Aug 20, 2005, 13:05
No subject Aug 20, 2005, 13:05
Aug 20, 2005, 13:05

EA games arnt exactly a publisher brimming with excelence, neither area DICE.

How about somebody do a Special Forces mod free and openly so that would cut into the sales of this rip off expansion.

Curry pot noodles give you the farts

Hey, EA
Aug 20, 2005, 12:29
JTW
Hey, EA Aug 20, 2005, 12:29
Aug 20, 2005, 12:29
JTW

We're also the ones who pay hundreds of dollars for the ranked servers. We're the ones who populate other peoples' servers.

A month ago you told us we'd have to wait a month before our game would be fun fully functional. We sighed, and liked the game so much that we were willing to put up with the frustration or not playing for that month. Now the month has come and gone, and not only are you telling us that you haven't done what you said, you aren't even willing to tell us when you will!

Do you honestly think your disillusioned fan base is going to sit on their thumbs for - may be two weeks, maybe two months - waiting to play your game? There are other games out there. We'll move on if you don't give us some incentive to stay, and a vague 'someday' isn't going to be enough to keep the frustrated players hopes up when another potential game comes along to tempt us.

Re: Rocks!`
Aug 20, 2005, 11:53
Re: Rocks!` Aug 20, 2005, 11:53
Aug 20, 2005, 11:53

SkullCracker, you seem to be coming from the Gamespot school of forum posting. Being a barely literate jackass might work other places but it isn't cool here. Either shape up or leave. If this is indicitive of your posting behavior I can assure you that no one is going to listen to what you have to say and in all likelyhood Blue will bring down the banstick.

Aug 20, 2005, 10:50
Re: I got a bridge to sell you Aug 20, 2005, 10:50
Aug 20, 2005, 10:50

Yeah what a bunch of bullshit. If they allocated enough resources to the patch, rather to the expansion, this patch could have been done in 2 weeks.
It's not really surprising. This patch better be the best fucking comprehensive patch ever.

You're an idiot. There are two DICE studios. DICE Sweeden and DICE Canada. Sweden does the main game and patches. Cananda does the expansions.

You have to be ignorant as hell to think that they have so few peopel working on the patch that also having people working on an expansion takes away from progress on the patch.

Re: Drum-roll, please.... :)
Aug 20, 2005, 08:29
Re: Drum-roll, please.... :) Aug 20, 2005, 08:29
Aug 20, 2005, 08:29

ahahhaha your the 10 ppl that arent playing this game? hahaha GO upgrade comps you bum mothers!Omg wait yes i get booted out to my desktop because i have my p100 overlocked to a 2000 o boy lets blame DICE! hahah wait no wait yes! wait either that or you guys are the warzing leeching crowd and you are pissed because of not being able to mp and cheat as often as u would like! that might be it as well Ok enough time spent here ... i must go lockup my comp by playing quake4

If there's a bigger perversion of the English language out there, I haven't found it.

Parallax Abstraction
Founder of StateOfGaming.org - Coming Soon
Commentary & Discussion About the Video Game Industry and Its Future
Parallax Abstraction
Podcast | YouTube | Twitch

Aug 20, 2005, 08:10
Re: I got a bridge to sell you Aug 20, 2005, 08:10
Aug 20, 2005, 08:10

MY native resolution is higher, most laptops LCD's arnt 1280x1024 but higher (and even 16:9 nowdays), sure most desktops below 19" are probably that but not laptops

Now, when do I get my damn freaking Medals I earned in BF2 but arnt updated.

Its obvious they dont audit the stats servers for inconsisticies between scores and medals showing up.
That would be easy to automate too and run on a nightly basis.

Oh and Kick [DICEEO, [DICE]KM and other [DICE] clan members on sight Theyre shit anyway

Will the Special Forces expansion be ranked too?

Oh and I want a pony!

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 08:14.

Aug 20, 2005, 07:51
Re: I got a bridge to sell you Aug 20, 2005, 07:51
Aug 20, 2005, 07:51

1280x1024 is the native res of 99% of LCD panels. If you run it at any other setting, you get pixels stretched across dots, and it looks terrible.
They will also will also run at 800 X 600 and 1024 X 768 which is the same as any CRT will run at. I've seen the game run at those resolutions on a typical LCD PC Monitor and also a 32" LCD TV , both look fine. From what you metion it sounds like you are looking at a monitor that supports a 16:9 aspect ratio in which case it needs to be dropped to a standard size (4:3). In any case none of it has to do with the game code.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Aug 20, 2005, 06:52
Re: I got a bridge to sell you Aug 20, 2005, 06:52
Aug 20, 2005, 06:52

whaa? This makes no sense at all. WTF is "LCD" resolution?

1280x1024 is the native res of 99% of LCD panels. If you run it at any other setting, you get pixels stretched across dots, and it looks terrible.

Yeah!
Aug 20, 2005, 05:09
Yeah! Aug 20, 2005, 05:09
Aug 20, 2005, 05:09

They should block us Pressing PGE DOWN every time we run into our own team vehicles and mines!!!

They should block us from flying a helicopter like crap.

They should block us if we cant aim for shit!

They should block us if we shoot the other team yeah!

Oh and I want a pony!

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 05:09.

Aug 20, 2005, 05:06
Re: I got a bridge to sell you Aug 20, 2005, 05:06
Aug 20, 2005, 05:06

How about the fact that the EA 'Q&A' department all used LCD monitors, but the game dosent have an option to support LCD rez?

whaa? This makes no sense at all. WTF is "LCD" resolution?

Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Aug 20, 2005, 04:49
Re: I got a bridge to sell you Aug 20, 2005, 04:49
Aug 20, 2005, 04:49

other than those directed at people who think Dice was somehow lax by not catching every possible instance or bug that allows an abusive community of players to take advantage of the stat system

Sorry, but many of the 'exploits' were pretty similar to ones nearly every game has had that tracks/rewards actions. Hell, a few of them were even asked about in interviews before the game was released, and EA's response was that they already had systems in place to stop those exploits.

They lied. Just like they lied about the server browser in the demo not being the one that would be in the retail release.

A few months ago, Planetside introduced merits and tracking for activities in the game similar to BF2's. Revives, kills etc could all get you rewards if you got enough. But SOE were wise enough to put things in place that stopped people exploiting those stats (unique kills + timers). SOE are a bunch of idiots too, so its funny to see EA/DICE outclassed by them.

EA let plenty of bugs through, too. How about the fact that the EA 'Q&A' department all used LCD monitors, but the game dosent have an option to support LCD rez? Or the stupid IFF names bug? Or the random TK system, that punishes you for teammates stepping on mines or being too close when you explode? All are glaringly obvious, but EA passed them over.

Rocks!`
Aug 20, 2005, 04:26
Rocks!` Aug 20, 2005, 04:26
Aug 20, 2005, 04:26

Lets face it! Im right and you are wrong! ITs that simple! Alot more people like this game than not! Its hard work being right all the time!It gets boring after awhile!
O ya grammar?:)Proof read this-> BLAH

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 04:29.
o0

Re: Drum-roll, please.... :)
Aug 20, 2005, 04:22
Ant

Re: Drum-roll, please.... :) Aug 20, 2005, 04:22
Aug 20, 2005, 04:22
 Ant

Paranoid: I guess I need to do some quality assurance with your grammar too. [grin] Example: there != their
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older