Nexus New Conflicts

The DarkSpace Website now offers downloads of New Conflicts, a campaign for Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Word on the campaign is: "It's a complete campaign with a total of 15 missions, all tied into the Nexus Universe (so if you played Nexus you will recognize the ships and factions involved). The campaign is set in a slightly alternative version of the Nexus universe, perhaps a little darker and not as happy ending as the 'real' one. The campaign will off course have the whole background story integrated into the game (thanks to the diary system)."
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Nexus New Conflicts
Aug 1, 2005, 14:30
Re: Nexus New Conflicts Aug 1, 2005, 14:30
Aug 1, 2005, 14:30

No, the IP for IG was gotten by CDV and they tried to change the game to a 4X. it was never meant to be a 4X game. Mithis shopped the game around and HDi picked it up and let Mithis finish the game the way they wanted it.

A little update. A small patch is available for mission 11. Someone forgot a gas station

(my fan site. Check it out)
http://home.earthlink.net/~cgh5541/
---

(my Nexus fan site. Check it out)
http://home.earthlink.net/~cgh5541/

Re: This game confused me
Jul 28, 2005, 19:48
Re: This game confused me Jul 28, 2005, 19:48
Jul 28, 2005, 19:48

^^^^
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD
Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

Jul 28, 2005, 18:10
Re: This game confused me Jul 28, 2005, 18:10
Jul 28, 2005, 18:10

Short version: It's a really pretty girl with a slightly below-average I.Q. A great fling, but you ain't taking her to the altar.

About the only girl I'd take to the altar is a pretty semi-retard like this. Preferably one I'd trained to adore me.

That whole "you aint taking her to the altar" thing kinda annoys me. Who should take her to the altar? If not a caring, considerate intelligent person, then who do you think she deserves? Some evil jackass? Why do you even equate IQ with personality? You have to be smart to rock your boat? What's so strange about your boat that it needs smart strange rocking? You "STRANGER"!

DIT: anyway this was billed as Imperium Galactica 3 - but it clearly isn't. If you'd played and enjoyed the previous 2 games, is this just totally different or the same game from a different viewpoint?
This comment was edited on Jul 28, 18:13.

Awesome
Jul 28, 2005, 15:41
Awesome Jul 28, 2005, 15:41
Jul 28, 2005, 15:41

I'd have to say that if you like any kind of sci-fi tactical game with the best graphics out there you would be cheating yourself not to buy this game.

I also loved this game, probably played through the main storyline 3 times now and I still like it, a couple of the missions are kinda shoddy but the rest are great.

Multiplayer is fun also, but there is hardly ever anyone playing.

If you don't read the manual and follow the tutorial closely in the first few missions yes you will be lost, this game is not for the casual shoot-em up gamer so be warned.

The graphics are the best I've seen to date in a space game and it pains me to see people call it a bargain bin buy.

Jul 28, 2005, 13:12
DDI
Re: This game confused me Jul 28, 2005, 13:12
Jul 28, 2005, 13:12
DDI

Game is spectacular and there are tons of tactics involved. Knock out ships shields with frigates then pound them with anti armor cruiser guns.

Jul 28, 2005, 11:19
Re: This game confused me Jul 28, 2005, 11:19
Jul 28, 2005, 11:19

I think the game is frikkin amazing. It's one of the best games I've played this year. Sure, the missions require retries sometimes, but challenge is golden especially in the face of what today's games have to offer. This game does require some thinking and BOTH strategy & tactics.

Definitely worth the buy. Multiplayer isn't good for anything though... nobody seems to play. Good story, good voiceovers, great graphics, impressive "realism."

Jul 28, 2005, 10:07
Re: This game confused me Jul 28, 2005, 10:07
Jul 28, 2005, 10:07

It's a really pretty girl with a slightly below-average I.Q. A great fling, but you ain't taking her to the altar.

Quality

Thanks BubbleMage!

Creston

Jul 28, 2005, 10:03
Re: This game confused me Jul 28, 2005, 10:03
Jul 28, 2005, 10:03

I played it--or at least about half of it, before I ran into one of the supremely irritating "must do everything just right to pass this event" missions.

Long version: The story is pretty well-integrated and moderately interesting, and the graphics are gorgeous, but the tactical side of gameplay is somewhat less than tactical. Overall, the game had a very scripted, do-it-our-way-or-no-way, electronic novel feel to it. It's certainly not a starship combat simulator in the league of SFC2, as they would lead you to believe. It's more like Homeworld lite, in my opinion.

All that said, if you see it in a bargain bin, it'll easily pass the "movie standard" of bang for your gaming buck. Just don't expect anything earth-shattering or revolutionary.

Short version: It's a really pretty girl with a slightly below-average I.Q. A great fling, but you ain't taking her to the altar.

This game confused me
Jul 28, 2005, 09:46
This game confused me Jul 28, 2005, 09:46
Jul 28, 2005, 09:46

For such a long time it was out, then not out, then it was an empire building sim, then it was an RTS, then it was Homeworld 3, then it was Spongebob In Space.

So, now that it apparently is finally out for real, has anyone played this? Is it fun? I may pick it up on the cheap to satisfy my space fix.

Btw, developers who release free content are good guys in my book.

Creston

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older