More on Unlocked BF2 Weapons

The Battlefield 2 Website (thanks Frans) now offers a new community update with more on the weapons that were prematurely unlocked on the Battlefield 2 ranked servers for some players yesterday (story). Here's the deal:
Profiles with all Weapons Unlocked

Many users logged into Battlefield 2 today to discover that they had access to all of the game's weapons unlocked in their profile. We have fixed the root issue that caused this to occur and by tomorrow morning all users will return to having access only to the weapons which they had earned. Once our solution is in place, if you find that you do not have access to weapons appropriate to your in-game rank, please direct inquiries to the Support sites linked below. In some cases users may be prompted to re-select the Unlock weapons that they are eligible for (if you are eligible for two weapons you will get to choose the two you wish to have unlocked).

Users in the U.S., please visit http://eatech.custhelp.com to report your technical issue and one of our Support representatives will help you out ASAP.

If you are in Europe, visit the following link for support information/contacts. click here for EU Support
View : : :
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Do the math
Jul 26, 2005, 11:17
Re: Do the math Jul 26, 2005, 11:17
Jul 26, 2005, 11:17

Considering it took me a month to get the first unlock, I'll be seeing my second unlock sometime after the next space shuttle launch.

...and the 3rd unlock shortly after the Shuttle (generation 4) on its trip to the Titan terraforming project.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Jul 26, 2005, 11:10
Re: Do the math Jul 26, 2005, 11:10
Jul 26, 2005, 11:10

I dunno... I'm thinking at my current pace I should have my second unlock in 3 weeks.

I don't play video games... I play murder simulators.

Jul 26, 2005, 11:06
Bru
Re: Do the math Jul 26, 2005, 11:06
Jul 26, 2005, 11:06
Bru

What do you mean? The second unlock only takes 10,500 points, which is only 9,500 points from the first unlock. Figure 50 points a round, average 10 minute rounds, that should only take, let's see...carry the one...find the square root...divide the remainder...~30 hours???

Considering it took me a month to get the first unlock, I'll be seeing my second unlock sometime after the next space shuttle launch.

Shop smart. Shop S Mart!
-Ash, Housewares
~~~~~~~~~~
Did you ever walk into a room and forget why? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.
-- Sue Murphy

Jul 26, 2005, 11:04
Re: Do the math Jul 26, 2005, 11:04
Jul 26, 2005, 11:04

I like the idea of unlocking weapons, and yeah it seems like it'd be near impossible to get more than 2 weapons unlocked in the lifetime of the game. Although, there's nothing stopping anyone from starting a new account or accounts...

Anyway, after trying out all the packs last night it seems like there aren't any major differences in the unlocked weapons.

I don't play video games... I play murder simulators.

Do the math
Jul 26, 2005, 10:48
Do the math Jul 26, 2005, 10:48
Jul 26, 2005, 10:48

How about this:

make the requirements to get more than 2 weapon unlocks attainable in this lifetime.

Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older