Counter-Strike: Source Update

Steam News announces the release of an update for Counter-Strike: Source via the Steam service. Word on the update is: "Optimized game to lower CPU usage."
View : : :
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jul 22, 2005, 18:59
Re: No subject Jul 22, 2005, 18:59
Jul 22, 2005, 18:59

Ea gets there foot in the door,altho its the left foot it wont be long man,trust me.And HL2 game of the year,by who?gamespy? lmao the game sucked,story sucks,but ohh the physics i forgot.There a cooked turkey,just a matter of time.The HL2 source engine sucks bigtime,great for singleplayer but multiplayer its a joke.U'll never ever ever see HL2 source push more than 36 players online.And it took Valve 5 years to make what it is and that aint too impressive other than the physics.Rest is a rehash of HL1.Just doesnt take much to impress people these days i think.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 19:04.

No subject
Jul 22, 2005, 12:12
No subject Jul 22, 2005, 12:12
Jul 22, 2005, 12:12

EA will hire and fire Valve,best way to knock your competition off aint it?Ea so far has ruined every game maker they set there greedy eye's on.Valve is no different than Westwood or Blizzard.I feal the nail's being pounded into Valve's coffin.

The Valve/EA deal was for distribution, nothing more. Also, you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to think that EA would bury Valve after making one of the best games of all time (HL2) - they see it as a plus point, as they have Half-Life 2 and Battlefield 2 under their belt.

.As a huge fan of day of defeat,which still makes CSS look like it was built for retards

DOD is a different game with a different type of gameplay... it does not in any way make CSS look built for retards. I found CS a lot more fun than DOD, but TFC was my favourite. I think DOD is looking ever more lost, with BF2 setting the standard high (though it is far too buggy).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Re: bottom line...
Jul 22, 2005, 10:14
Re: bottom line... Jul 22, 2005, 10:14
Jul 22, 2005, 10:14

Valve fell asleep on the release of this game,CSS that is.Its like 2 years to late valve,wake up u smucks.As a huge fan of day of defeat,which still makes CSS look like it was built for retards.By the time any mods or good games come outa the source engine,the engine will be old and very rusty,infact ill be surprised if it makes any more mods.I mean this is what 7years later since HL1 was released and CSS still has the exact same laggy ass netcode that u cant enter an open area or room bigger than a gymnasium without everyone doing skip lag everywhere.Games junk,so far i'v seen "1" mod for it called Plan of Attack,not to shabby but lags like hell making it unplayable,thus why noone will make mods for Source!!!EVER! And if that isnt bad enough EA is gonna buy it up,lmfao then u'll get great customer service and help building your source mods...........not!Infact now that im on the EA thing,i think EA will make HL2 dry up like an old tumbleweed,thus making all you CS fanboys play BF2.Mark my word's it will happen.EA will hire and fire Valve,best way to knock your competition off aint it?Ea so far has ruined every game maker they set there greedy eye's on.Valve is no different than Westwood or Blizzard.I feal the nail's being pounded into Valve's coffin.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 10:59.

bottom line...
Jul 21, 2005, 22:08
bottom line... Jul 21, 2005, 22:08
Jul 21, 2005, 22:08

If you enjoy the CS gameplay, then an updated version of CS that maintains that gameplay is a great thing. If you don't enjoy CS gameplay, then you probably should ignore these news blurbs and go about your business.

"God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time, forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Re: :
Jul 21, 2005, 19:49
Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 19:49
Jul 21, 2005, 19:49

The point remains.... CS:S is the same old crap as it was years and years ago, but with a new engine. *MANY* people had to pay seperately for HL1 back then, and now HL2 so that they could play CS and CS:S. After all those years, did they make CS2? Nope.. they just waited and ported it over. Now it's a major announcement if there are new models or the occasional new map.

werd.

xXBatmanXx - Lance Corporal xXBatmanXx
http://www.bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=45215952 (back online 7/14/05)

Jul 21, 2005, 19:39
Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 19:39
Jul 21, 2005, 19:39

Sorry for being kind of a dick today. Many of you regulars know that I do have those days where I am in rare form and decide to poke at people. This is one of them. No harm meant to anyone.

"I know it was a dick move. That's why I'm paying for your meal." -NPH (from Harold and Kumar)

---
Would someone please make an expansion for KingPin: Life of Crime
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Jul 21, 2005, 19:31
Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 19:31
Jul 21, 2005, 19:31

I agree with you on that there rock climber. I didn't say that it was better or worse than the old CS. Was just commenting on your other posts about how we bought the game twice. I never bought the game at all...but I agree with you that it's still the same game with pretty pictures.

Oh, and you can shoot bottles and barrels...oh oh, and tires too. But it's still fun, no matter how you slice it. It was fun back then, it's still fun now and then. But honestly I don't play it that much anymore.

Jul 21, 2005, 19:06
Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 19:06
Jul 21, 2005, 19:06

Some of you dorks need to get out and see the sun once in a while. Fanbois. God forbid anyone should take a crack at your loveable Valve.

The point remains.... CS:S is the same old crap as it was years and years ago, but with a new engine. *MANY* people had to pay seperately for HL1 back then, and now HL2 so that they could play CS and CS:S. After all those years, did they make CS2? Nope.. they just waited and ported it over. Now it's a major announcement if there are new models or the occasional new map.

Sorry, I think it's a joke.

Don't get me started on all the mods that aren't out yet or already failed because Source was supposed to be the most mod friendly engine ever made. It probably is if you have a staff of 100 people working on your mod, or 2 years to get it done.

That clear enough? I guess it's my fault for not being specific enough.

Flame on, fellow gamers.

---
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 19:41.
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Jul 21, 2005, 18:56
Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 18:56
Jul 21, 2005, 18:56

You tards, you had to by the HL1 engine and Source engine to PLAY CS. So you paid for it twice. Nice try though.

Um...I bought HL1 to play HL1...then a FREE mod came out called Counterstrike that wasn't owned by Valve but buy a bunch of guys that made the Mod. Later Valve bought them out and then went on to release CS as a stand alone game.

THEN I bought HL2 to play HL2...it just-so-happened to come with CS:S. I didn't buy either to play CS...they were just free perks to the game I was actually buying.

Nice try though...nah, on second thought...pretty crappy try.

Jul 21, 2005, 18:38
Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 18:38
Jul 21, 2005, 18:38

Neither will get you laid, and neither will earn you money.

<On grave stone> "Here lies Human whos objectives in life was bitches and money RIP"

Jul 21, 2005, 18:37
Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 18:37
Jul 21, 2005, 18:37

Or, you paid for HL, and then stopped paying. And then later you paid for HL2, and then stopped paying. You can argue for that CSS was part of the HL2 price, but for HL that's like buying a house and then saying you paid for the gifts you got at your birthday party.

Jul 21, 2005, 18:35
Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 18:35
Jul 21, 2005, 18:35

You tards, you had to by the HL1 engine and Source engine to PLAY CS. So you paid for it twice. Nice try though.

For someone insulting other people's intelligence, you're not too bright yourself. Most people bought Half-life 1 & 2 -for- Half-life 1 & 2. The fact that an additional game came free with them does not change that.

I paid for Half-life 2, does that mean I paid for Vampire: The Masquerade as well? Funny, I don't see a copy of it around here anywhere. I suppose that means I've also pre-bought the SIN episodes. Wonder when I get to play them. Hell, by that logic, since I paid for UT2k3 and 4, I must have tons of games around here that I don't know about.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 18:36.

Jul 21, 2005, 18:22
Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 18:22
Jul 21, 2005, 18:22

*SOME* of you tards, you had to by the HL1 engine and Source engine to PLAY CS. So you paid for it twice. Nice try though.

---

::Edited for clarity for the analists around here.::
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 19:17.
--

:
Jul 21, 2005, 17:47
: Jul 21, 2005, 17:47
Jul 21, 2005, 17:47

BF2 could be a great game if they improved the God-awful server browser (favourites anyone?), improved the menu system and fixed the myriad of small bugs/glitches that taint the gameplay.

On the plus side I usually get a ping of 16 and it plays like a LAN game, so I've found the netcode pretty good. I have to admit, though, that when I get bored I'm one of those players that leaps in front of planes and punishes the players... I don't know what it is, but it cracks me up every time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Jul 21, 2005, 17:38
Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 17:38
Jul 21, 2005, 17:38

Actually, from what I understand the newer updates have ended the hacks thanks to that VAC system. I haven't played since it was put in place, so I can't speak from experience.

I imagine that, given a month or so, you'll start seeing all the same hacks in BF2.

Jul 21, 2005, 17:28
Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 17:28
Jul 21, 2005, 17:28

Yeah, releases come every week. They're actually TRYING to make it better and better AND these updates aren't just bug fixes they also add new content. Dice and EA are notorious for dragggggginnnnnggggg they're feet when it comes to fixing a game. Which is evident so far.

But hey, maybe in about 4 or 5 months BF2 will be a decent game, it's just not quite there yet. That's just me. But I'm tired buying beta versions of games...and that goes for everything, not just BF2.

Jul 21, 2005, 17:16
Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 17:16
Jul 21, 2005, 17:16

Too many hax and pricks on the servers. No thanks.

Okay, but..

I play with a core of people on BF2 and we create a squad and do our own thing.

Why couldn't you do that for CS if one of your problems is the people you play with? I'm sure if you didn't have your squad, BF2 would be just as filled with morons. (Shit, show me a single online game that doesn't have a load of morons)

Jul 21, 2005, 16:28
Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 16:28
Jul 21, 2005, 16:28

BF2 puts CS to shame.

No comparison.

CS isn't even the best type of game out there with the FPS idea of a small map. Too many hax and pricks on the servers. No thanks. I play with a core of people on BF2 and we create a squad and do our own thing. We spend a lot of the rounds just defending the forward most base. It gets pretty intense. And the points are in defending, if you can keep the point! You get points for the kill and a point for each person as a "defend flag" point. If there is a constant flow of people to defend against, you get mad points.

/edit: And mystic geek, they are STILL building on CS, it has been what......6 years? And they still have problems and hax in the game. Get real man. They release updates every week.

xXBatmanXx - Lance Corporal xXBatmanXx
http://www.bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=45215952 (back online 7/14/05)
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 16:29.

Jul 21, 2005, 16:20
Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 16:20
Jul 21, 2005, 16:20

Yeah, I'm done with BF2. I'm chauking it up to a 50 dollar lesson in not buying a game when it first comes out. Buy it 6 or 8 months down the road when all the patches (and the recalling of patches) is over.

People are just point whores and no one plays defense because hey, you're not gettin the phat points! Plus the idiots that threw themselves in front of a vehicle JUST to punish you. I got targeted buy a bunch of losers on one server and I was in the negative numbers before I just quit. Enough, it was no longer fun. CS at least loads in a few seconds...BAM you're out playing.

Jul 21, 2005, 16:08
Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 16:08
Jul 21, 2005, 16:08

I found that lots of people in CS don't jump servers. I played on one main server that had a group of about 50 of us that played every night. A couple of my friends have similar servers on larger scales, where everyone knows each other.

Slower? I found BF2 to be too slow for me, as infantry felt sluggish. Sure, it's more realistic, but I found it to be less fun. I also found the maps to often be too large, and would sometimes would spawn, head to where the commander wanted me, but the fighting was gone by the time I headed there so I'd head to the next way point. Slow, definitely slow.

And I definitely felt like I was wasting my time in BF2. Capture a flag with your squad, run to the next flag, capture it, run to the next flag, capture it, go back to the first because no one plays defense. The best games felt like hot potato. The worst games were just one side dominating.

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older