Morning Q&As

• SoE
    Gamecloud's Matrix Online/Sony Online Q&A talks with SoE about their perspective on their acquisition of The Matrix Online: "Our goal with MXO is to grow the subscriber base, so as SOE becomes familiar with the title, we will be working it into our various marketing programs. Step 1 will be to add the game to our Station Access subscription plan. That move alone instantly exposes 50,000 SOE players to MXO. Station Access subscribers will need to purchase the software at retail and will then be able to play The Matrix Online, as well as Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest, EverQuest II, PlanetSide and EverQuest Online Adventures for the PS2 for just $21.99 a month."
  • Dark and Light
    MMORPG.COM's Dark and Light Mini Q&A #2 talks with Gilles Zedde about NPCube's upcoming MMORPG: "There will be more than 400 safe villages in Ganareth, from the tiny hamlet with 2 or 3 buildings, to villages with 40 houses. Every city has its own characteristics, and its own economic loop depends on the resources available nearby. If the city gets convoys from its exploitations regularly, traders and crafters will offer products that are specific to the region. Moreover, every city has a limited number of plots of land players can exploit. Thanks to this system, players should spread on the whole territory."
  • Mojo Master
    Gamecloud's Mojo Master Q&A talks with Stuart Moulder of WildTangent about their new game where proper use of deodorant is key: "The ultimate objective of the game is to seduce the ubergirl featured in the game. But before you do that, you need to successfully attract all 100 other brazenly hot girls, by figuring out what they’re like and what they like by using a variety of outrageous and over-the-top moves guys might never dream of using in real life. If players make the right moves before their mojo runs out, they’ll successfully be rewarded with her phone number, which guys can add to their mobile phone book."
  • Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates
    GamersInfo's Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates Q&A Part 3 concludes this epic Q&A on the MMO puzzle game: "The reason we're doing this sort of double payment strategy is because we want to maintain this existing game of going out, sailing around and pillaging - you're going to need PoE - we don't want to break that. You still have to play the game and earn PoE so they can say, buy a black outfit. However, what we're hoping and are seeing is that there are two classes of players: there are the players that will play all the time and never give you any money - they will earn the PoE; then there are the people who have less spare time and are happy to give you money with their credit card."
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Spyware
Jun 21, 2005, 14:58
Spyware Jun 21, 2005, 14:58
Jun 21, 2005, 14:58

Yea... I'll go ahead and download Wildtangent's newest spyware delivery application. Thanks, but no thanks.

SoE
Jun 21, 2005, 17:22
SoE Jun 21, 2005, 17:22
Jun 21, 2005, 17:22

Unless I'm misunderstanding, they are saying they have 50,000 access pass subscribers. With the large numbers for EQ and SWG and I guess moderate numbers for EQ2, that only 50,000 of them play more than one game is pretty interesting.

You see the argument a lot that people at most play 2 MMOs, it seems like that might be a very tiny amount that even do that.

Re: Spyware
Jun 26, 2005, 12:53
Re: Spyware Jun 26, 2005, 12:53
Jun 26, 2005, 12:53

Yeah, once I hit that sleazy driver softsell I had to bail, curiosity or not.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer