Ritual Countdown, Testing Program, Sin II Tease?

The Ritual Entertainment Website now offers a redirect to this teaser page that seems to be a countdown of some sort, as the page currently sports a ginormous 18. Proceeding through to the main page reveals that the tribe is also launching a playtester program open to those 18 years or older in the Dallas, TX area willing to come in and contribute opinions about their works-in-progress. Finally, on another possibly related note, both http://www.ritual.com/sin2/ and http://www.sin2.com/ now redirect to LegionPharma, a site that looks like a legit drug company, though researching that trademark suggests this is fictitious, so this could be some sort of viral marketing for a still-unannounced Sin sequel. Thanks Frans.
View : : :
104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jun 17, 2005, 18:01
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 18:01
Jun 17, 2005, 18:01

I wouldn't exactly pour a cup of coffee into my lap after it just came out of the pot. What are people, idiots?
YOU seem to be the idiot here. The woman didn't pour the coffee into her lap. It spilled. And, that spill could have been caused by a defective cup or improperly attached lid or packaging. The judge and jury found based upon the facts of the case that McDonald's was liable, and your second-guessing of that determination without being present during the trial or even reading the transcript of it is the height of ignorance.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 18:03.

Jun 17, 2005, 17:52
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 17:52
Jun 17, 2005, 17:52

If consumers were allowed to return games that were broken developers would think twice about putting out games with bugs.
Amen, brother!

Jun 17, 2005, 17:50
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 17:50
Jun 17, 2005, 17:50

read reviews before you buy games.
That's like asking someone else to taste your food, and tell you if you will like it. In addition, game reviews are not that thorough nor are they actually unbiased. Game companies pay for good reviews both directly and indirectly through their advertising dollars spent with the very publications and websites which review their products and by granting advance/preview/exclusive access to their games for those magazine and websites. Therefore, the gaming magazines and websites don't bite the hands that feed them.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 00:28.

Jun 17, 2005, 17:45
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 17:45
Jun 17, 2005, 17:45

They sure do, but at the consumer level, products that maim or otherwise harm people tend not to last too long on the market.
That's a moot point to this discussion, but I love that reasoning: There's no need for safety regulations since manufacturers will wisely and responsibly take a dangerous product or component off the market after it stops selling well.

LOL! So tell me why again the free market should regulate the software market again? If the product doesn't work, people won't buy it.
Wow, you are dense. I wrote that very answer in my previous post. Since your reading comprehension level is obviously quite low, here it is again. The free market method of regulation doesn't work here because all purveyors in this industry exempt themselves from liability as a condition to use the product. I guess you never actually read a software end-user liceense agreement (EULA). In addition, almost all retailers will not refund an opened software/video game purchase. So, once the publisher has the consumer's money, it doesn't need to worry about his dissatisfaction. By the time its next game comes out, the consumer will have forgotten, or the publisher will have changed names or merged with another one.

Want a good real world example that free-market regulation doesn't work for this industry? Just look at EA. Many if not most of EA games are significantly broken at release (and still broken years later) and yet EA has yet to go out of business or suffer financially for it. When the consumer can't return the product or successfully sue the manufacturer, there's no financial reason for the company to care about quality.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 00:27.

Jun 17, 2005, 17:40
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 17:40
Jun 17, 2005, 17:40

In my experience, it's not really adequate (even with years of experience) to be able to justify the correct QA needed for a game this day in age. Since there is only one QA guy, this is why there is the need to call in a bunch of playtesters pay them cheap to act as QA, thus saving mucho $$$ to have a true QA department. I remember when I worked there, the developers were the playtesters. I sure hope times have changed. It will be interesting to see how many of my idea's made it into Sin2 from the tons of docs I wrote up for it during our development sessions along with everyone else's who no longer work there.

Re: They must be fake (LegionPharma)
Jun 17, 2005, 17:29
Re: They must be fake (LegionPharma) Jun 17, 2005, 17:29
Jun 17, 2005, 17:29

As for the woman with the coffee....

Go to Coffee Bean or Starbucks for god sakes. Have some self-respect!!

---
EA = Game Nazis
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Jun 17, 2005, 17:26
Re: They must be fake (LegionPharma) Jun 17, 2005, 17:26
Jun 17, 2005, 17:26

My mother did? Just look in the mirror?

Am I a "stupid head" too? lol, kid.

---
EA = Game Nazis
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Jun 17, 2005, 17:21
Re: They must be fake (LegionPharma) Jun 17, 2005, 17:21
Jun 17, 2005, 17:21

You can't polish a turd.

Your mother did. Just look in the mirror.

Jun 17, 2005, 17:18
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 17:18
Jun 17, 2005, 17:18

""You are the exact jackass that sues McDonalds because their coffee was too hot."

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The facts of that case:

- The coffee was scalding, undrinkably so, because McD wanted the competitive edge with people who take their coffee to the office.
- McD had over seven hundred (!) complaints of burns from their coffee and never acted on it.
- The woman spilled the coffee in her lap, and suffered 3rd degree burns of her groin area, which necessitated amputation of certain "skin" tissue. Think about that for a second.
- The victim had $20,000 in medical bills from having her burnt vagina parts cut off. She offered McD to settle for those $20k. McD refused. So they got slammed with a multi-million dollar award.
- the judge in that case (not some runaway jury) called McDonalds' conduct reckless, callous and willful.

That lady is not a jackass; people who blabber nonsense without knowing the facts, however, are (especially when they point the same finger at others)."

Ever heard of Darwinism? I wouldn't exactly pour a cup of coffee into my lap after it just came out of the pot. What are people, idiots? Was she not expecting her vagina to get scarred from scalding hot water? Or that the coffee wouldn't be hot?

McDonalds didn't want to settle because coffee is fucking hot. That's the nature of the drink. If I stab myself accidentally with a knife does the knife company get sued? No. Same situation, thanks for your great argument though, jackass.

Jun 17, 2005, 17:11
Re: They must be fake (LegionPharma) Jun 17, 2005, 17:11

They haven't offered to make my penis any bigger yet.

You can't polish a turd.

---
EA = Game Nazis
--

No subject
No subject Jun 17, 2005, 17:11

if you really care that much, then go vigilante and pirate the shit

Jun 17, 2005, 17:04
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 17:04
Jun 17, 2005, 17:04

You are the exact jackass that sues McDonalds because their coffee was too hot. Do us all a favor and slit your wrists. Buyer beware moron, read reviews before you buy games. I hate uninformed consumers, you ass tards deserve whatever misery you inflict on yourself for buying a product without fully investigating it. It takes 2 fucking minutes to look up a review online. Idiot.

Actually, I think your mentality is part of the low quality problem. A consumer should not have to read a review to identify wether there are any bugs in a game and how bad they are. What they should be able to do is read the provided materials and make an immediate (although limited) informed opinion as to wether this game is for them.

Example I walk into the store and pick up a game (Black and White) see that the rating is mature, see the computer requirements are acceptable and its a type of god game with cool looking creatures. That is an acceptable amount of information for me to make my decision and most if not all games carry it.

Now heres the issue with your line of thinking and why the majority of arguments for SUE THEM!/READ THE REVIEW etc are wrong.

When I get to level 5 I hit a bug, this bug is in fact so bad that I cannot physically complete the game, therefore I cannot use the product to its full extent, not due to lack of skill but to a physical problem that was allowed into the game. Now what happens when I attempt to return the game? Exactly im not allowed to.

I am not allowed to return faulty software for a full refund due to it being broken by the makers. This is the full problem. If consumers were allowed to return games that were broken developers would think twice about putting out games with bugs. If a game was marked as high quality visuals and it is infact not then the consumer could return it which in turn would hopefully create more demand for better quality games.

Sure this wouldent affect some games (HL2 etc) but for the majority of the crap out there the developers and publishers would get punished for releasing it.

I know this doesent apply in the UK and a few other places but the markets are not big enough for this policy to influence these changes, its only here in the US where its all jacked up...

just my 2cents.

------
$1 tax for the national debt?
------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

Jun 17, 2005, 16:47
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 16:47
Jun 17, 2005, 16:47

Bump mapping is so passe, it's all about normal mapping now.

dont bring that codex shit in here hehe

No subject
Jun 17, 2005, 16:45
Tim
No subject Jun 17, 2005, 16:45
Jun 17, 2005, 16:45
Tim

The type of people that buy their cafe at mcdonalds deserve to be killed kystematically.

They must be fake (LegionPharma)
Jun 17, 2005, 16:33
They must be fake (LegionPharma) Jun 17, 2005, 16:33
Jun 17, 2005, 16:33

They haven't offered to make my penis any bigger yet.

Jun 17, 2005, 16:28
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 16:28
Jun 17, 2005, 16:28

"You are the exact jackass that sues McDonalds because their coffee was too hot."

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The facts of that case:

- The coffee was scalding, undrinkably so, because McD wanted the competitive edge with people who take their coffee to the office.
- McD had over seven hundred (!) complaints of burns from their coffee and never acted on it.
- The woman spilled the coffee in her lap, and suffered 3rd degree burns of her groin area, which necessitated amputation of certain "skin" tissue. Think about that for a second.
- The victim had $20,000 in medical bills from having her burnt vagina parts cut off. She offered McD to settle for those $20k. McD refused. So they got slammed with a multi-million dollar award.
- the judge in that case (not some runaway jury) called McDonalds' conduct reckless, callous and willful.

That lady is not a jackass; people who blabber nonsense without knowing the facts, however, are (especially when they point the same finger at others).

Jun 17, 2005, 16:18
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 16:18
Jun 17, 2005, 16:18

"Until video game publishers are held liable by a court and punitively fined for misleading consumers with their shoddy products or until strict consumer protection legislation covering software is enacted, the quality problem is not going to be solved. The current system of "free market regulation" simply isn't working and doesn't work when virtually all of the competitors in the industry release poor quality products and literally have license to do so."

You are the exact jackass that sues McDonalds because their coffee was too hot. Do us all a favor and slit your wrists. Buyer beware moron, read reviews before you buy games. I hate uninformed consumers, you ass tards deserve whatever misery you inflict on yourself for buying a product without fully investigating it. It takes 2 fucking minutes to look up a review online. Idiot.

Jun 17, 2005, 15:56
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 15:56
Jun 17, 2005, 15:56

Well the whole quality control for software market vs other markets is a long and tiresome argument best left for a Derek Smart thread.

But I would love for the day to come where software publishers and developers could be held accountable for shotty software.

Jun 17, 2005, 15:52
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 15:52
Jun 17, 2005, 15:52

Quality standards and liability for toys extend beyond just the personal safety issues.

They sure do, but at the consumer level, products that maim or otherwise harm people tend not to last too long on the market.

LOL! I guess you never heard of a consumer lawsuit against a manufacturer over a defective or misrepresentative product. The court doesn't determine if the consumer can buy the product (unless of course if it is injurious or otherwise unlawful to sell), it just punishes the company for it's unlawful practices in producing or selling it.

LOL! So tell me why again the free market should regulate the software market again? If the product doesn't work, people won't buy it.

Jun 17, 2005, 15:45
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 15:45
Jun 17, 2005, 15:45
104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older