Boiling Point Euro Patch

This Atari Downloads Pop-up from the Atari UK Website offers a new patch for the European edition of Boiling Point: Road to Hell, Deep Shadows' first-person shooter. The download is mirrored on 3D Gamers, FileFront, and Worthplaying.
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Boiling Point
Jun 9, 2005, 01:47
Re: Boiling Point Jun 9, 2005, 01:47
Jun 9, 2005, 01:47

Update: The patch appears to have broken my game. I crash every time I kill a snake. Possibly a karma thing.

Re: No subject
Jun 8, 2005, 02:19
Re: No subject Jun 8, 2005, 02:19
Jun 8, 2005, 02:19

The problem with cars in Boiling Point is that the game can only track five "left" vehicles on the map. Normally when you leave a vehicle you can see it on the map (with an icon saying something like "Left Vehicle N1"). Sometimes, entering a vehicle will cause the counter to loop round, and make an existing vehicle on the map "disappear".

The main thing to do is to make sure you save before entering a new vehicle. There are a few potential solutions if you notice your favourite vehicle disappearing - basically reload, return to it, carjack something else within 200 metres so it drops off the map but doesn't disappear, then get back into it thereby "refreshing" it with the game in a new slot.

Having said that, once you can fly around in combat choppers and speedboats with machineguns, it's tempting to just use those all the time, and scuttle them when they run out of fuel / health (they can't be fuelled, rearmed or repaired) to get a new one. As long as you don't complete the missions that actually give you those vehicles, and as long as you scuttle them sufficiently far away from their spawn points (at least a few km) you'll just find a new one at the spawn each time.

No subject
Jun 7, 2005, 22:41
No subject Jun 7, 2005, 22:41
Jun 7, 2005, 22:41

if you are afraid of playing with bugs - dont get it... otherwise do get it

its oldschool, biatch!

Jun 7, 2005, 22:32
Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 22:32
Jun 7, 2005, 22:32

boiling point this,boiling point that....yadayada.....
can any one tell how it works after installing the patch?

No subject
Jun 7, 2005, 22:22
No subject Jun 7, 2005, 22:22
Jun 7, 2005, 22:22

bought cars dissappear too. it happened to me a bunch of times, and i gave up on keeping anything in the trunk

its not a huge deal unless you are stuck in the jungle away from a highway (and jackable cars)

Jun 7, 2005, 21:23
Re: Boiling Point Jun 7, 2005, 21:23
Jun 7, 2005, 21:23

It's not that easy to hurt someone but you should pay attention (as in real life) not to accidentally run over people with your car.

Not that easy? I've seen civilians walk next to the parked car I was in and just *touch* the bounding box and they were dead. Of course when that happens the rest of the civs pull out their guns and start to open fire.

Beleive me, I really like BP but some of these "issues" are maddening.

As for the disappearing car, I thought it added to the game since it forces you to take care of your own purchased vehicles rather than just carjacking someone everytime you need a ride. Yes its fun but it gets old pretty fast, especially if you've played a lot of GTA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Jun 7, 2005, 20:19
Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 20:19
Jun 7, 2005, 20:19

Only stolen cars dissappear. Bought cars are to stay. And don't forget to shut down the engine when leaving the car for a while - oil is expensive.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 20:19.

No subject
Jun 7, 2005, 19:57
No subject Jun 7, 2005, 19:57
Jun 7, 2005, 19:57

the most annoying thing is that if you get 200m away from your car, it will dissappear. It doesnt happen all the time - but more often than not.

its not mentioned in the list of bugfixes for the patch - so i wouldnt know

i already finished the game, and Im waiting for at least 2 or 3 patches before I play through it again... definately replayable tho - there are an INSANE amount of side missions possible

dont get your hopes up about the main storyline either - as its pretty much dog shit.. especially the ending

Jun 7, 2005, 19:40
Re: Boiling Point Jun 7, 2005, 19:40
Jun 7, 2005, 19:40

I've played this game for about 3 hours and I must admit I haven't had bad bug experiences.
It's not that easy to hurt someone but you should pay attention (as in real life) not to accidentally run over people with your car.
Also, if you kill (accidentally or not) clan members or if you're hated too much, you can pay off representatives to improve the reputation.

Jun 7, 2005, 19:15
Quboid

Re: Boiling Point Jun 7, 2005, 19:15
Jun 7, 2005, 19:15
 Quboid

I'm seriously considering buying it but I'm a bit short of cash right now and I've heard it's rough. I really hope it gets the patches it appears to deserve.

What's the most annoying thing? I've heard that it's easy to accidently hurt someone and have their clan hate you, which sounds like a right pest.

Quboid

Boiling Point
Jun 7, 2005, 18:07
Boiling Point Jun 7, 2005, 18:07
Jun 7, 2005, 18:07

I've only scratched the surface over the past couple of days but I'm really quite enjoying BP. It's similar in concept to Morrowind/GTA/Deus Ex. Rough as a badger's arse but hopefully this patch will do something about that.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older