Lineage II Update

NCsoft's Lineage II Expansion Eases New Player Access is the press release announcing the launch of "Chronicle 3: Rise of Darkness," a newbie-friendly update to NCsoft's MMORPG that also offers flying Dragons: "This expansion includes features that will help new players gain faster access to the game. Chronicle 3, which is available free to all current subscribers via automatic download, brings several new elements to Lineage II's land of Aden, with one of the most important being the addition of bonuses for new players. The bonuses will give new players a boost, allowing them to progress through the early levels at a faster pace so they may participate in the more advanced elements of Lineage II. As part of the bonus system, new players will receive additional items and adena, Lineage II's in-game currency, for completing early quests. New players will also receive free beneficial magic from a guide in each village. Additionally, new players will receive full value for items, instead of partial credit, when exchanging them for more powerful items in village stores."
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Too bad
May 12, 2005, 10:09
Re: Too bad May 12, 2005, 10:09
May 12, 2005, 10:09

I played L2 from closed beta and three or four months into the release. My impressions:

1) VERY gear dependent game. I never ebay’d but I know plenty of ppl who did.

2) Upon death to mob or player, you could drop items. Now when you’ve spent literally weeks earning an item or items, how happy are you going to be about losing said item when you lag out and log on to find yourself dead? Item loss was a huge factor in people up and quitting the game.

3) Farmers – the Chinese had their own L2 release coming out. Instead, they chose to show up en masse in the North American release. Why? Because Americans have enough expendable income to spend it on imaginary money. Unfortunately, the farmers chose to bot and farm all of the newbie areas and especially all the newbie dungeons. If you tried to hunt there, they would harass you out or PK you. The GMs and NCSoft did *nothing* about this except for a few token bans to give the impression they cared. (And thus the conspiracy theory that that NCSoft and the farmers were in cohoots.)

4) The graphics were beautiful, the classes fun, and the Player vs. Enemy combat satisfying. But after awhile it became nothing more than a means to an end. The end being: PVP – which when I left the game, was pretty frustrating. Mostly it was a bunch of “ubah” guilds with the best gear, dominating entire servers. When someone would get the one-up on an ubah guild, they would simply form an alliance with another ubah guild and go right back to domination. And hey, in the end, domination is boring.

5) MMO’s focusing so much on PVP: tend to attract the sort of teen-angst driven A***oles that rejoice in ruining other people’s game play. We wish these kiddies would stay in Counterstrike and pwn there. Instead, they show up in games like L2 like farts in a public men’s room next to a Chili Restaurant.

For me – boring, dominated PVP, item loss, and most especially – farmers and NCSoft’s refusal to do anything about it: ruined the game for me. In fact, I’m getting the heebie jeebies just remembering it. Thank the lord for WoW.

This comment was edited on May 12, 10:12.

Re: No subject
May 12, 2005, 08:52
Re: No subject May 12, 2005, 08:52
May 12, 2005, 08:52

Jaenos hit the nail on the head

Simple fact is that a player who ebayed would win over a player that did not. I'd say at least 70% of the people who play the game now use ebay. So you have ~30% chance of a fair fight

This comment was edited on May 12, 08:53.

Re: No subject
May 12, 2005, 00:06
Re: No subject May 12, 2005, 00:06
May 12, 2005, 00:06

I played it in beta nad release and I have to say it was interesting enough to keep going with it, the guild system was an awesome idea, art right out of lodoss war, and the people I was playing with were awesome.

The sad fact is they don't cator to the north american crowd at all and while every other country in the world can play on any server, the Americas are forced to only play on American servers.

While this isn't too bad, it becomes a problem when half the lame companies in korea start putting bots and cheats and paid employees to farm everything and sell it on ebay. And the company doesn't do a thing, bots are everywhere and if it isn't that it's some one from a different country with a very different play style farming and kill stealing.

It's horrible really and that is why I stopped playing, could have been something cool.

No subject
May 11, 2005, 23:30
No subject May 11, 2005, 23:30
May 11, 2005, 23:30

Anyone still playing this game?

how fun is it?
Doin' it Big

Too bad
May 11, 2005, 23:04
Too bad May 11, 2005, 23:04
May 11, 2005, 23:04

Too bad they didn't do this in the first place..

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older