Destineer goes Atomic

Destineer acquires Atomic Games on GameSpot has the news that Destineer Studios has acquired wargame developer Atomic Games, providing a Q&A with Destineer's Peter Tamte about the move: " Every military game now promises 'authenticity,' but virtually nobody actually delivers it. Atomic figured out authenticity back in 1996 with Close Combat. The military community will tell you that Close Combat is still the most realistic military real-time strategy game ever created because its realism is based on simulating the human aspects of combat. Still to this date, nobody else has done this well. Atomic is doing work now with the Marine Corps that's going to result in some very authentic real-time strategy games, starting with Close Combat: Red Phoenix next year."
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

No subject
May 6, 2005, 18:48
No subject May 6, 2005, 18:48
May 6, 2005, 18:48

05-04-2005 A new Army report on the death of former NFL player Pat Tillman in Afghanistan last year concluded that his uniform and body armor were burned a day after he was killed and before investigators had determined he was shot by his fellow soldiers.

Close Combat: Friendly Fire?

Or

Close Combat: Murderous Republican Bastards? :^)

R.I.P. Atomic
May 6, 2005, 13:18
Sty
R.I.P. Atomic May 6, 2005, 13:18
May 6, 2005, 13:18
Sty

I guess this is more brand aquisition than anything else. I doubt we'll see another CC title that comes even close to the grandeur of the old.

...when you're having FUN!
You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

pbbt
May 6, 2005, 11:51
pbbt May 6, 2005, 11:51
May 6, 2005, 11:51

here's the authentic human aspect of close combat:
05-04-2005 A new Army report on the death of former NFL player Pat Tillman in Afghanistan last year concluded that his uniform and body armor were burned a day after he was killed and before investigators had determined he was shot by his fellow soldiers.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older