Thanks Mike Martinez.

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Ringtone BS
May 4, 2005, 05:20
Re: Ringtone BS May 4, 2005, 05:20
May 4, 2005, 05:20

Personally Im still looking for the CTU internal call noise to stick on my phone

I wish more phones had normal rings. The problem with polyphonic and multimedia ring tones is that you only have about 2 "normal" tones these days.

May 3, 2005, 21:36
Enahs

Re: Ringtone BS May 3, 2005, 21:36
May 3, 2005, 21:36
 Enahs

How can a phone ring be embarrassing?

When you are standing in line at a grocery store, and a phone goes off playing Vanilla Ice’s ice Ice Baby really loud on your friend’s phone, you are connected with that. Not to mention ANNOYING, and I do not like to do, or be around someone who does stupid and annoying things…like having a phone playing some stupid song really loud. Does that make that person stupid and annoying? Yes…in some ways it does, but I can still be friends with stupid people, as long as they are not stupid and annoying around me (in public).

And how did you word that to all your friends?

Nicely.

I can just see it "Whenever your around me turn off your phone ringer" I can just picture the staring faces with simantaneous eye blinks

No, the first time it happens sometime later I will explain my position on cell phone ringers, that they are just to get you attention, not to go off continuously and loudly with a stupid annoying songs. And ask politely to not put me through that. No big deal, you are making it out like some major thing.

If it happens again I tell them; if somebody is not going to respect my opinion and continue to annoy and cause me embarrassment in public; and when I ask them to stop and they basically say “get over it”, I will not be there friends…it is called respect.

It is no different than when you are “chillin at the crib with your hommies” and you make really nasty, profane, dirty and offensive jokes. You would not want your buddies telling those jokes loudly while standing in line at the grocery store, would you? That would be embarrassing and very child like….if you are too much of a wimp and your relationship with your friends is so poor you can not ask them to stop doing something that embarrasses you…then you do not have real friends.

Man no wonder your friend refused to change it.

He refused to change it because he just wanted to be an ass…how male friends often do..no biggie, I just had the opportunity to one up him!

Im sure all your friends do it just to see you flip out.

He was the only one…and as I said it was just in the typical male “joshing” way. And I remained completely calm and cool, he was the one flipping out.

Do you think your the new pope or something?

No one embarrasses the Pope and gets away with it [Looks up at the sky], SMITE THEM!
(waits for a few seconds)
He's cooking up a something good!

Temp fix for editing post:
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/edit

This comment was edited on May 3, 21:39.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Saw this coming...
May 3, 2005, 19:06
Saw this coming... May 3, 2005, 19:06
May 3, 2005, 19:06

...a mile away.
The sheer bulk of continuous advertising alone tells you someone is making lots of money, and the "go to our website for more information (like prices...)" bit is a dead giveaway... The end result is teens paying $5.99* for a crappy .wav file.

*I found that number on jamster's site just for this post... They didn't make it easy to find either!

May 3, 2005, 18:40
Re: Ringtone BS May 3, 2005, 18:40
May 3, 2005, 18:40

Wow!! You must be a high maintenance friend. How can a phone ring be embarrassing?

And how did you word that to all your friends? I can just see it "Whenever your around me turn off your phone ringer" I can just picture the staring faces with simantaneous eye blinks. Do you think your the new pope or something?

Man no wonder your friend refused to change it. Im sure all your friends do it just to see you flip out.

No subject
May 3, 2005, 14:02
Prez

No subject May 3, 2005, 14:02
May 3, 2005, 14:02
 Prez

It would be funny if all cell phones had the same ring. How many people in a crowded area would all take theirs out and say hello?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

May 3, 2005, 12:29
Re: Ringtone BS May 3, 2005, 12:29
May 3, 2005, 12:29

As someone who enjoys electronic music enormously (" a "song" by some "artists" using an 'effing Casio" ;)) I still can't see any appeal. It's just crap, if you ask me.

May 3, 2005, 12:23
Enahs

Re: Ringtone BS May 3, 2005, 12:23
May 3, 2005, 12:23
 Enahs

A ring is supposed to get your attention…not annoy you.

I can not stand overly loud cell phones, even with a regular ringer…and people put them some place so hard to get that you hear it ring 10 times from across a grocery store before voice mail picks up.

I also have ZERO tolerance for music/song rings. It is supposed to be intermittent just to get your attention, not distract and annoy you. I have been with friends before, and when there cell phones starts “ringing” (with it set too loud) playing some stupid song..it is embarrassing. I have explained this to many friends, and asked them to turn off the ringer or switch the ringer with me.

One guy I know, it went off playing “Ice Ice Baby”, I told him how we already talked and to please take care of it around me, he refused…and when it went off again I just left…I drove to where we where by the way.. so he had to call another friend on his spiffy phone to get a lift. He was pissed, but not as pissed as I was for embarrassing and annoying me like that. We are still friends, and it has never happened again!

Screaming kids...do not bother me one bit...just "song" rings...

.sigs are for losers…
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Ringtone BS
May 3, 2005, 12:08
Ringtone BS May 3, 2005, 12:08
May 3, 2005, 12:08

Maybe its a sign of my advancing age but I honestly don't see the appeal of having a ringtone that does anything other than what its supposed to do. Never mind paying a dime for a "song" by some "artists" using an 'effing Casio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older