Your Blue's News mission, MeatFarts, is to get that tape and get it on the web where we can all see it.
Man I'd love to see that tape again! Sadly, I haven't spoken to any of them in like 12 years or so. Still.. I crack up every time I think about that, so it might be worth getting 'reacquainted', as it were..
Calories and fat aren't a concern for me.
There's no way this will work with 2% milk is there?
Ok, MayorD -- here's the trick then:
• Melt a bit of butter in your sauce pot, but don't let it get too hot. Just warm enough to begin to crackle ever so gently. How much butter really depends on how much sauce you're trying to make, but it's usually a couple of table spoons or so.
• Now sprinkle a bit of flour into the butter. Keep stirring as you do this, as you don't want any lumps. Again, how much flour really depends on how much butter you've used. You want to make a thin
paste -- nothing doughy for sure, but something you'd be proud to call a thin paste. A little flour goes a fair distance here.
• Keep stirring this for a few seconds. What you're trying to do is get the flour to just
start going toasty-brown in the butter, but it's tricky to tell when this happens until you get the hang of it, so less time is better here. Main thing is to get the flour evenly combined with the butter, and a bit of cooking will get the flour taste out. You can add some seasonings here if you want. What you've just made is a very basic roux
, which is the start of some gourmet shit, so pat on the back
• As you stir, slowly trickle your milk into this stuff. This really works best if the milk is room temperature, but if you're using cold milk, just go slower so you don't cool the butter mixture down too much. Cream or milk will work -- use whatever you have/want. Get it nicely combined and warmed through. None of this is happening over very high heat though.
• Now add the cheese. A bit at a time works best, but I'm always impatient and throw the whole pile in. Grate it first though.
• Now drink beer and figure out what you're going to coat in cheesy goodness. Or just get a spoon and bulk up
I actually get paid for this..This comment was edited on Apr 26, 23:19.
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.