Morning Q&As

• Pariah
    There's a Pariah interview on Gamebiz as a Windows Media Player video. Likewise, the Pariah Q&A on Gaming Nexus talks with James Schmalz of Digital Extremes about their upcoming first-person shooter: "It was quite a challenge to come up with the weapon system for Pariah. We knew we wanted something new and different from what we've seen and done in the past so we did a lot of prototyping to see what would work and what was fun. The biggest obstacle after coming up with the system was balancing the weapons and the upgrades so that there aren't any obvious advantages from one to the next. Balancing weapons in an FPS is really key to making sure the game remains fun for everyone especially when you're playing multi-player."
  • LEGO Star Wars
    The LEGO Star Wars Q&A on Computer Games Magazine talks with Giant's Jonathan Smith about their just-released game of building block Star Wars: "We set out from the start to create a game that *anyone* could play and enjoy. Obviously, that meant that we wanted to have fun with it ourselves – we’ve been playing LEGO Star Wars pretty solidly for two years now, and that would have been fairly depressing if the game didn’t have so much for us to enjoy, as experienced gamers. But we did also want to make something that we could take home with us, and play with our children; so, yes, the idea of being “kid friendly” was essential to what we were trying to do."
  • StormFront Studios
    The Stormfront Studios Q&A on GameBanshee talks with Don Daglow, CEO of this developer once known for their gold box D&D games: "Ironically, my history with D&D even pre-dates Stormfront. In 1976 I wrote the first mainframe RPG, 'Dungeon' on a PDP-10 at Claremont Graduate University. The original D&D RPG had just begun, and my friends and I were part of the early fanatical fan base that flocked to RPG gaming. (Don’t ask how fanatical we were… but if it had been any worse the President would have named a Czar and a Commission to help cure our addiction.) I’d been designing mainframe games for five years, so it was natural to bring the game to the computer. When the industry began I joined the Intellivision team at Mattel and later became Director of Intellivision game development. We did the first D&D video games in 1982-83, 'Advanced Dungeons and Dragons' and 'AD&D Treasures of Tarmin.' And, although it did not bear the D&D license, I also produced 'Adventure Construction Set' in 1985 with adventure game pioneer Stuart Smith at Electronic Arts."
  • Music
    The Psychonauts Q&A on Music 4 Games talks with composer Peter McConnell about his work on various games, most recently Double-Fine's Psychonauts.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: OMG
Apr 18, 2005, 23:19
Re: OMG Apr 18, 2005, 23:19
Apr 18, 2005, 23:19

killing floor is only a single player demo... i don't have ut2k4 to play single player

Mayor Dan
------------
"Take me Jesus, take me Allah, rape me in my room
Torch our days in paranoia while we gorge ourselves on gloom"
ExcessDan

Re: No subject
Apr 18, 2005, 23:13
Re: No subject Apr 18, 2005, 23:13
Apr 18, 2005, 23:13

I'm still of the opinion that many people aren't playing Pariah properly via the weapons upgrades. Anyone who enjoys UT2k4 and not Pariah is doing something wrong*.

Grapichs are shitty, there's exit to desktop crashes and I haven't been able to complete a session of the game without my character doing a mouselook in an infinite circle.

Mayor Dan
------------
ExcessDan

No subject
Apr 18, 2005, 18:32
No subject Apr 18, 2005, 18:32
Apr 18, 2005, 18:32

I'm still of the opinion that many people aren't playing Pariah properly via the weapons upgrades. Anyone who enjoys UT2k4 and not Pariah is doing something wrong*.

*Before I get verbally reamed by some knuckle-head please note I'm talking in generalities here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes I dream about....cheese. Here, have a medkit"
- Half Life 2 NPC
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Apr 18, 2005, 18:12
Re: OMG Apr 18, 2005, 18:12
Apr 18, 2005, 18:12

Check the demo of Killing Floor http://killingfloor.pmods.net/

It's voted mod of the month at several websites and databases. Future releases will be awesome

Apr 18, 2005, 17:01
Re: OMG Apr 18, 2005, 17:01
Apr 18, 2005, 17:01

Yeah, I'll stick with UT2k4 for a while longer. I just wish there were more active mods.

Mayor Dan
------------
ExcessDan

Apr 18, 2005, 11:22
Re: OMG Apr 18, 2005, 11:22
Apr 18, 2005, 11:22

Yeah Pariah has a lot of problems in the demo, and even if they were to be fixed it's still offering nothing new but a dumbed down slower version of UT2004(again mp wise)

Apr 18, 2005, 11:19
Re: OMG Apr 18, 2005, 11:19
Apr 18, 2005, 11:19

What sucked? Multiplayer?

The single player campaign is far superior.

OMG
Apr 18, 2005, 10:51
OMG Apr 18, 2005, 10:51
Apr 18, 2005, 10:51

Man I was lauging so hard at pariah..God that sucked..sorry had to say it..

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older