Ships Ahoy - Obscure

DreamCatcher announces that Obscure has shipped to North American stores:
DreamCatcher Ships Obscure in North America

Hollywood-Style Horror for PC, Xbox® and PlayStation®2

Toronto, Ontario, April 6, 2005 - DreamCatcher Games today announced Obscure, a survival horror game for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and Windows®, has shipped in North America.

Obscure follows five All-American teenagers through a real-life nightmare as they uncover a deadly secret lurking in the hallways of their high school. When a popular student suddenly disappears, it sets off a chain of frightening events rivaled only by Hollywood cinema.

Obscure offers a wide range of gameplay options to see gamers through their night of terror. Players customize their action experience, interchanging between any characters at any time, utilizing the unique skills and abilities of each student. Controlled AI settings of defense, attack and help, allow characters to assist each other during combat and while solving puzzles.

“DreamCatcher is excited to release Obscure in North America,” says Robert Stevenson, V.P. of Production at DreamCatcher Games. “Players will be impressed not only by the Hollywood feel to the game, but also with the variety of gameplay options unique to this genre.”

Game Features

• The game features both single player and co-op mode
    • Unique camera settings allow players to move and shoot simultaneously
    • ‘Black Aura’ feature makes imminent dangers visible on screen through real time graphic changes, intensifying the players’ stress level
    • Fully interactive environment reacts realistically to players’ actions
    • Un-lockable bonus features add an additional 9 hours of play
    • Alt-Punk music soundtrack with music from Sum 41 and Span

Obscure is rated ‘M’ for Mature and retails for $19.99USD on all platforms. Visit http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/obscure/ for more information or to download the demo.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Coming soon!
Apr 7, 2005, 10:05
Re: Coming soon! Apr 7, 2005, 10:05
Apr 7, 2005, 10:05

Got to love "Unique camera settings allow players to move and shoot simultaneously".

*gasp* The innovation!!

Apr 7, 2005, 09:18
Re: Coming soon! Apr 7, 2005, 09:18
Apr 7, 2005, 09:18

This game is actually a pretty fun rental. Grab a friend and play it in co-op one night. Likely you'll finish it in that time.

If you liked the movie The Faculty you'll probably get a bit of a kick out this.

Did they manage (or even try) to fix the horrible camera continuity problems for final release? The first PC demo made me want to smash things..

-----
I actually get paid for this..
-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Apr 7, 2005, 05:59
Re: Coming soon! Apr 7, 2005, 05:59
Apr 7, 2005, 05:59

Speaking of survival horror, I'm in the middle of Resident Evil 4. This game is easily one of the best I've ever played of any genre. Period. It alone justifies the cost of buying a Gamecube.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes I dream about....cheese. Here, have a medkit"
- Half Life 2 NPC
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Apr 6, 2005, 23:16
Re: Coming soon! Apr 6, 2005, 23:16
Apr 6, 2005, 23:16

There's a co-op mode? Hmm...might have to duck by Microplay and take a look. My friends and I love co-op stuff, but there's a bit of a shortage of it (at least until my SWAT 4 gets here.)

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
StateOfGaming.org Coming Soon
Parallax Abstraction
Podcast | YouTube | Twitch

Apr 6, 2005, 22:57
Re: Coming soon! Apr 6, 2005, 22:57
Apr 6, 2005, 22:57

Hollywood-Style Horror

Does that mean bad writing, cheesy point by nose scary moments, etc.

I stopped there also Lud. Spending 30 seconds trying to think of something funny to say, prob is more fun than I would get trying to play the game.

Console convert. Bla ...

Super lifer, the Man must of made a mistake, ....

Last fricking chopper

That long and hairy bastard I found in the ammo crate.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 22:58.

Apr 6, 2005, 22:33
Re: Coming soon! Apr 6, 2005, 22:33
Apr 6, 2005, 22:33

This game is actually a pretty fun rental. Grab a friend and play it in co-op one night. Likely you'll finish it in that time.

If you liked the movie The Faculty you'll probably get a bit of a kick out this.

Apr 6, 2005, 22:07
LSD
Re: Coming soon! Apr 6, 2005, 22:07
Apr 6, 2005, 22:07
LSD

"Rated M for mature"
and
"music from sum 41"
in the same game... right....

Apr 6, 2005, 22:06