Out of the Blue

It was a fine old game as far a Super Bowls go. I already discussed my fear that a two-week layoff would provoke a blowout, so the first-ever tie after three quarters has to qualify as competitive. Congrats to the Eagles on a great season (if not great time-management), and to the Pats for further ensuring their place in NFL history. The commercials were a mixed bag, but that's true every year; it certainly wasn't a disappointment based on the number of ads that were apparently rejected along the way. Dancing Burt Reynolds was one of my favorites, and thanks to P. Diddy I have a new nominee for the new BlueTruck... if only I can find a nearby Diet Pepsi dealership.

Links of the Day: Dorks-Gone-Wild.
Stories of the day: Cable fight blocks view of game in HDTV.
McCartney Puts on Safe Show at Super Bowl.
4-Year-Old Mich. Boy Drives Mother's Car. Thanks Junior.
Science!: Worms on a Hook Don't Suffer?
Blue tit boom 'may cause crisis'. Nothing to do with Half-Time.
Image of the Day: Bloco da Lama.
Media of the Day: IFILM - Super Bowl Ads.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
View : : :
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Ads
Feb 8, 2005, 10:39
Re: Ads Feb 8, 2005, 10:39
Feb 8, 2005, 10:39

Hints?
It's not a movie, it's a TV show ...

But I don't watch much TV (unless you count the many episodes of Wiggles or Out of the Box we have recorded for our 2-yr-old son). OK, that and a Kings game when I can catch one.

Maybe that guy from "24"?

*** Warhawk ***

Hello, this is Killian. Give me the Justice Department, Entertainment Division.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

Feb 8, 2005, 07:23
Re: Ads Feb 8, 2005, 07:23
Feb 8, 2005, 07:23

Yes, all your arguments where logical and true, but as was my first complaint, you completely ignored it…NO bouncing! You had more problem with the flaws in the game design than no bouncing? You are not a real man!!!!

As has been seen time and time again on these boards (*see the HL2 EULA thread) - when all the good points have been taken but one still wishes to respond, one resorts to lesser arguments. That's what I did after you took the only good point, and I hang my head in shame.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
This comment was edited on Feb 8, 07:25.
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

No subject
Feb 8, 2005, 03:18
No subject Feb 8, 2005, 03:18
Feb 8, 2005, 03:18

Why was that Wynn ad cancelled? That makes no sense. That GoDaddy one was really dumb.

Mayor Dan
------------
"Take me Jesus, take me Allah, rape me in my room
Torch our days in paranoia while we gorge ourselves on gloom"
ExcessDan

Re: halftime
Feb 7, 2005, 22:54
WarPig

Re: halftime Feb 7, 2005, 22:54
Feb 7, 2005, 22:54
 WarPig

My idiocy shines through once again

Well technically you may not be wrong at all, after all it was a bass guitar, and maybe he wasn't really playing. Anyway, those Hofner bass guitars he uses (http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/hofner/hof_models/hof_basses.htm) hardly look traditional.

-------------------------------------------------------
"We're innocent critters squashed on the highway of life!"

GO SEAHAWKS!

Feb 7, 2005, 22:39
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 22:39
Feb 7, 2005, 22:39

Hints?

It's not a movie, it's a TV show ...

------------------------------------------------
To spread your goop or not to spread; that is the question ...
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Feb 7, 2005, 21:51
Re: halftime Feb 7, 2005, 21:51
Feb 7, 2005, 21:51

Actually he was playing a bass, and with the simple three chord songs they were playing during that time his fret hand probably wouldn't have to move much.
My idiocy shines through once again

http://citizenb.com/ - Shameless website plug.
Some men get the world. Others get ex-hookers and a trip to Arizona.
Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

Feb 7, 2005, 21:44
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 21:44
Feb 7, 2005, 21:44

A personal attack and a nerve struck.

omg halsy did a personal attack???? thats so out of character

Feb 7, 2005, 21:10
WarPig

Re: halftime Feb 7, 2005, 21:10
Feb 7, 2005, 21:10
 WarPig

It was PAINFULLY obvious that he wasn't playing the guitar either. His hand wasn't even moving on the frets.

Actually he was playing a bass, and with the simple three chord songs they were playing during that time his fret hand probably wouldn't have to move much.

I don't know, I'm usually pretty good at spotting lip synching and I never got the feeling that he was. I could be wrong though (yeah, like that could ever happen).

-------------------------------------------------------
"We're innocent critters squashed on the highway of life!"

GO SEAHAWKS!

Feb 7, 2005, 19:51
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 19:51
Feb 7, 2005, 19:51

You've topped your own high standard with this classic. Dude.... The Running Man is the best movie. Along with Big Trouble in Little China.

Feb 7, 2005, 19:33
Enahs

Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 19:33
Feb 7, 2005, 19:33
 Enahs

Dear Devster.

I mean this in the most respectful and “nice” way.
You are a pansy!

Yes, all your arguments where logical and true, but as was my first complaint, you completely ignored it…NO bouncing! You had more problem with the flaws in the game design than no bouncing? You are not a real man!!!!

_____
Enahs

Hey this is Carl, New Jersey rules you backwards retarded creep.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Feb 7, 2005, 18:45
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 18:45
Feb 7, 2005, 18:45

That is correct. Cause i sounded it out, didn't care to spell it right, thus the (sp?). Wasn't aware that I had to run it all through spellcheck.

What is with all of the teachers on the message boards today?

Not teachers, dude. We're the idiot police - finding and exposing asshats on this board since late 2004.

And you, my friend, are guilty as charged

Kittens!

Feb 7, 2005, 18:11
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 18:11
Feb 7, 2005, 18:11

The newer DVD release is really nice

Maybe I will get it today - I need to take back a Netgear wireless router to BB (couldn't get it to work at my neighbor's place, ordered a Linksys WAP from ZZF today since Fry's wanted a lot more for it than I wanted to spend).

Maybe I'll be back online at home by Thursday or so....

*** Warhawk ***

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Feb 7, 2005, 17:54
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 17:54
Feb 7, 2005, 17:54

The newer DVD release is really nice for that, actually; great colors, very vivid, which suits the environment. You should get it. DTS too. Budget friendly. You gotta get it - unless you don't do requests.

Just looked it up on IMDB, see this nice trivia note SST: Pop Singer Abdul, Paula did the choreography for the dancers. hehehehe... reality TV is a forté, I guess.

Feb 7, 2005, 17:44
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 17:44
Feb 7, 2005, 17:44

PS, Warhawk movie quote SST

That movie has more bad one liners in it than just about any other I can think of....

I need to get the DVD.

*** Warhawk ***

Feb 7, 2005, 17:43
Re: halftime Feb 7, 2005, 17:43
Feb 7, 2005, 17:43

He borrowed Ashlee Simpson's tape deck, dude...
It was PAINFULLY obvious that he wasn't playing the guitar either. His hand wasn't even moving on the frets. Whatever happened to live performances?

http://citizenb.com/ - Shameless website plug.
Some men get the world. Others get ex-hookers and a trip to Arizona.
This comment was edited on Feb 7, 18:12.
Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

Feb 7, 2005, 17:39
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 17:39
Feb 7, 2005, 17:39

I started watching it. It was boring and stupid, and while it was lingerie, it kept everything in place, no bouncing or nothing. It was some of the worst TV I have ever seen, and I am a male in mid 20’s who loves scantly clad women.
Enahs, you hit the nail on the head there. We flicked over and watched it instead of Sir Paul. It was painful.

The game 'rules' made no sense (15 points if you got in the endzone? a 25 yard 'field'? three on each side? you get 5 plays on offense, with a max of three running plays?!?!). There was a 'dance' portion. There was all of 40 people in the 'stands' - with banner ads for "Sin City" (the movie, kinda suitable) and some Riddick product (no idea what - the game? the dvd? both have been out for ages, so who knows). The handoffs were painfully slow. There were more closeups on the field or the penalty flags (what ref wants that event on their resume?) than on the 'players'. The 'announcers' were trying to talk about the hot chicks, but the no-name team members might as well have been rounded up at the same high school that owned the gymnasium it was filmed in. It was atrocious. Anyone who was excited watching that needs to find the internet. Anyone who paid for that needs to find a lawyer.

PS, Warhawk movie quote SST: "The Running Man" is a classic in my books, an absolute classic. 'Here is your sub-zero, now plain zero'. Watching that scene almost covers off no NHL. :P

Feb 7, 2005, 17:26
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 17:26
Feb 7, 2005, 17:26

...the girl from the Tabasco ad though, now THAT I like...
Yes. I agree. :9

Feb 7, 2005, 16:40
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 16:40
Feb 7, 2005, 16:40

Bonus quote for Warhawk:

"I want to kill the people that did it; I want to kill the people that planned it; and I want to kill the people that were happy about it."

Not a clue....

Hints?

Edit: President Bush off camera after 9/11? Watch out, I'll probably hear it about that one....

*** Warhawk ***

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 16:43.

Feb 7, 2005, 16:31
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 16:31
Feb 7, 2005, 16:31

I wish you'd try picking an original nickname and taking some basic literacy classes.

Once again Blue, please...for the love of all things holy...get an ignore user function on these boards.

A personal attack and a nerve struck.

Score.

/edit: I wasn't aware that you were the handle police. Hay Blue, please create a step in the new user process to e-mail Halsy for verification of valid handles to use on your message board. It would obviously make his life better. We will just ignore the fact that I have used the handle probably more years than you are old. :-) Typical Packer fan.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman
This comment was edited on Feb 7, 16:34.

Feb 7, 2005, 16:24
Re: Ads Feb 7, 2005, 16:24
Feb 7, 2005, 16:24

Halsy,
You can try all you would like. But you can't ignore the fact your team is a has been, led by the biggest one of them all. He has gone the way of the sealacamp(sp?).

I wish you'd try picking an original nickname and taking some basic literacy classes.

Once again Blue, please...for the love of all things holy...get an ignore user function on these boards.

"Martin Luther was a German fellow who pinned a note on a church door that said, 'Hang on a minute!' Actually, he was German so it said, 'Ein minuten bitte!'"
- Eddie Izzard
"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older