Game Movies

Click! Two more trailers from Star Wars Republic Commando are now available, offering the chance to see more of LucasArts' upcoming squad-based shooter in action. Each clip is available in high or low resolution on GameSpot (registration required), where they can also be streamed for free. The downloads are mirrored on 3D Gamers. Also, a new Boiling Point: Road to Hell movie show of more of Deep Shadows' upcoming game that was formerly known as Xenus. The 29 MB movie is available on 3D Gamers.
View : : :
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Laughs
Feb 7, 2005, 14:52
Re: Laughs Feb 7, 2005, 14:52
Feb 7, 2005, 14:52

"Sentence fragments! B minus!

Oops. "

You registered just for that? Not bad...

Edit: Spelling

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 14:53.

Feb 7, 2005, 11:13
Re: Laughs Feb 7, 2005, 11:13
Feb 7, 2005, 11:13

Heh.. um... Sorry all. Did I mention I was feeling a bit surly last night?

I guess that's what happens to me when I spend the weekend marking grade 12 photography exams (all teachers become English teachers at exam time, and I'm not technically a "teacher", so this really pisses me off to no end).

This time around, the exercise resulted in my normally optimistic hopes for the future being savagely raped by the notion that - at least in my ridiculous country - these poor little incoherent critters are on their way to university next year, and will ultimately become the fearless leaders of tomorrow

That said, I suppose my last PSA for this thread will be:

Ran! Excape! Its not to late but their is not ime too waste!! Get in, you're spaceships, there waiting! Its real importent so dont delay.

sigh.

-----
MeatFarts
-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Boiling Point
Feb 7, 2005, 10:23
Boiling Point Feb 7, 2005, 10:23
Feb 7, 2005, 10:23

Anyway... Has anyone downloaded the Boiling Point movie? That strikes me as a far FAR more interesting game than the Star Wars one, but doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.

Technically, I like the idea of a first-person game in a very large region (625 square kilometres) but with no loading screens. AFAIK, this hasn't been done before in any game with this kind of graphical detail.

It has tons of potential, and the last video I downloaded looked interesting. I'm on dial-up though, so I've not giotten this one yet. You should all check it out if you've not yet done so, and remember it if you like the look of it, as I doubt it will ever get the sort of marketing that it should.

http://www.boiling-point.net/

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 10:26.

Feb 7, 2005, 09:05
Re: Laughs Feb 7, 2005, 09:05
Feb 7, 2005, 09:05

Bolten? Bolton. Maybe it's Dubya in disguise? Adding more fuel. Speaking of which, never start a sentence with "and".

Sentence fragments! B minus!

Oops.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 09:06.

Feb 7, 2005, 07:47
Re: Laughs Feb 7, 2005, 07:47
Feb 7, 2005, 07:47

Bolten? Bolton. Maybe it's Dubya in disguise? Adding more fuel.

Speaking of which, never start a sentence with "and".

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 07:50.

more bass?
Feb 7, 2005, 07:16
more bass? Feb 7, 2005, 07:16
Feb 7, 2005, 07:16

n/t

Feb 7, 2005, 05:49
Re: Laughs Feb 7, 2005, 05:49
Feb 7, 2005, 05:49

remind me to never get into an exchange with MeatFarts over grammar/syntax.

SW:RC is a well polished mainstream shooter wrapped in a hardcore skin. Personally, if it helps draw more people into the hobby I'm all for it. Plus MP could still be a lotta fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes I dream about....cheese. Here, have a medkit"
- Half Life 2 NPC
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Feb 7, 2005, 03:17
Re: Laughs Feb 7, 2005, 03:17
Feb 7, 2005, 03:17

Mr. MeatFarts... that was funny. Good job.

Re: Sigh
Feb 7, 2005, 00:32
Re: Sigh Feb 7, 2005, 00:32
Feb 7, 2005, 00:32

i luv it,im having spam eggs,spam beans,spam on toast,spam with mafish,lobster with a sprickle of spam.......

RC
Feb 7, 2005, 00:28
RC Feb 7, 2005, 00:28
Feb 7, 2005, 00:28

The first thing I downloaded upon |-|@cIn6 t3h in-7u|-|-n37 was the RC demo. I actually think that it is a great game...with another six months of time. It is a relatively newer approach, it looks well, runs well, and is a nice "in the middle" attempt between R6 and HL2. However, the sound could be pumped up a bit, the interface is a bit cumbersome, and the AI is a bit broken.

EVen taking it for what it is, the bugs really prevented me from having a lot of fun. The AI makes some major blunders with regards to cover and what not, but my squad would frequently get stuck within each other and, halting the game, in the geometry itself. Once one of my teammates got stuck, that killed the game for me - the scripts and overall game completion come to a halt and there is nothing I could do to get me squad mate. Nothing worked: calling him back to the group, assigning to another position, killing him, etc.

Great idea and great approach, but it needs some work. I am interested in picking this one up, but only when it hits that sub-$30 price and, especially, when it gets a decent patch.
'Tis a shame; so close to being really good and fun.
Ignoring the personal insults,
Ray

-----
ph33r m3h: AYE H@CE T3H BRAODBAND IN-TUH-NET!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Feb 6, 2005, 22:50
Re: Laughs Feb 6, 2005, 22:50
Feb 6, 2005, 22:50

Furthermore, the people who are saying those things aren't actually saying "should of" or "would of", no matter how much you might hear it as such.
Actually, some of them are. Anyone who writes "would of" is also likely to say "would of", seeing as how that's obviously what they believe the phrase to be. sigh.

Re: Sigh
Feb 6, 2005, 21:07
Re: Sigh Feb 6, 2005, 21:07
Feb 6, 2005, 21:07

Yet still you only reply to the form of the message, not the message itself.

I don't think I can. I don't know what a bounty hunter splice chimera is

OT: I think this game has some promise, but agree that some of the weapons feel a bit.. odd, or maybe out of place..

I liked setting up little ambushes and watching things unfold in front of me though. They did a nice job of making it feel cinematic.

-----
MeatFarts
-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Sigh
Feb 6, 2005, 20:35
Sigh Feb 6, 2005, 20:35
Feb 6, 2005, 20:35

Yet still you only reply to the form of the message, not the message itself.

Btw, I doubled over laughing when I read the first posts.

On topic: don't the Wookie models look atrocious? For the rest the game is ok, save for the damage output on the guns.

Feb 6, 2005, 20:10
Re: Laughs Feb 6, 2005, 20:10
Feb 6, 2005, 20:10

Maybe I overreacted but correcting someones grammar and not even addressing the content of the post seems so petty and cheap its very frustrating.

Actually what pissed me off is I made a attempt at a creative, somewhat interesting post and you basically just come and distract from it without contributing anything.

Sorry. I honestly didn't mean to be a dick with my first post, and you're right that I probably shouldn't have bothered, but I'm a bit surly today. I don't think I have it in me to leave this alone.

I did address the content of your post. Call me anal if you want, but the fact of the matter is that we are all communicating in here via written English, and I don't think it's outrageous to expect people to follow the conventions of that language if they wish to be understood by others.

You should be aware that the creative, somewhat interesting ideas in your messages are going to be completely lost on anyone but yourself if the sentences you write down don't actually make any sense.

You know what you're trying to say, but all we have to go on is what you actually write.

For example:

A Wookie and bounty hunter splice chimera would of been nasty.

How am I supposed to know what the sentence above means when it is completely and utterly meaningless? I obviously can't read your mind, so my only recourse is in reading your words as they appear on my screen.

After a few seconds of trying to extract some sense from what you had written, I quickly gave up and was left with the realization that you don't appear to know that should've or would've are actually contractions of the words should have or would have.

I suspect that your confusion stems from the fact that these contractions are frequently pronounced by people in a way that is phoenetically similar to "should of" or "would of", but those words do not ever belong together in any form of English that I am aware of.

Furthermore, the people who are saying those things aren't actually saying "should of" or "would of", no matter how much you might hear it as such. Transcribing it that way only takes a combination of two words with meaning, and turns them into a completely different and ultimately meaningless combination of words..

Well why would you do that?

If you want to be understood and engaged in discussion, then I suggest that you take the time to communicate more effectively. You have every opportunity to get it right before you click "post", and we have no ability to understand anything except for the actual contents of your message.

If you genuinely can't be bothered, then I suggest you grow a thicker skin and attempt to refrain from flaming those who are trying to offer some completely valid comments on what it is that you have decided to share with us.

-----
MeatFarts
-----

Re: Pellet guns?
Feb 6, 2005, 19:07
Re: Pellet guns? Feb 6, 2005, 19:07
Feb 6, 2005, 19:07

The shotgun was very dissapointing. It either completely killed what you where shooting at if you where toe to toe with 'em or seemed to do absolutely nothing. I'm sure they took damage but the enemy would show no reaction to getting hit if it was just outside the incredibly close killing zone.

I did enjoy the demo overall though.

Re: Pellet guns?
Feb 6, 2005, 18:50
Re: Pellet guns? Feb 6, 2005, 18:50
Feb 6, 2005, 18:50

I hated the demo. Weak weapons, confusing enemies (Looked a lot like my team mates), tightly cramped playing areas, was practically on rails etc etc

------
$1 tax for the national debt?
------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

Pellet guns?
Feb 6, 2005, 17:50
Pellet guns? Feb 6, 2005, 17:50
Feb 6, 2005, 17:50

I think this game has potentional, I sort of liked the demo, but the weapons are incredibly weak. In the movies they don't have to shoot some monster 20 times before it goes down. Probably been balanced and all, but I hope someone puts a damage mod out to make it more "relistic".

Re: Meatfarts
Feb 6, 2005, 16:24
Re: Meatfarts Feb 6, 2005, 16:24
Feb 6, 2005, 16:24

Just adding fuel.

We need more fuel! *Throws "Lets see" and "I got a job for you" on the fire*

Laughs
Feb 6, 2005, 16:10
Laughs Feb 6, 2005, 16:10
Feb 6, 2005, 16:10

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 7, 12:27.

No subject
Feb 6, 2005, 16:09
No subject Feb 6, 2005, 16:09
Feb 6, 2005, 16:09

jesus christ, shut the fuck up

back to the topic, i liked it

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)
Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older