Sudeki PC Confirmed

A story in Yiyas (in German) has a follow-up on indications of plans (story) for a PC edition of Sudeki, the Xbox RPG from Climax. They have noticed that the German Ratings Board has given the PC edition of the game a USK 12 rating (the game will be sold in Germany to those over the age of 12). The publisher of the PC edition is listed as ZOO Digital Publishing.
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Remaining XBox exclusives
Jan 31, 2005, 13:57
Cy
Remaining XBox exclusives Jan 31, 2005, 13:57
Jan 31, 2005, 13:57
Cy

How many titles haven't now been confirmed for either other consoles or the pc?

As far as I know 1 - Halo 2.

Worth 100 quid + game cost? methinks not Microsoft!

Re: Remaining XBox exclusives
Jan 31, 2005, 14:01
nin
Re: Remaining XBox exclusives Jan 31, 2005, 14:01
Jan 31, 2005, 14:01
nin

Well, they did steal the Crimson Skies and Midtown Madness series from us...

May 3rd, 2005 - "We are preparing to destroy you." http://www.nin.com

Jan 31, 2005, 14:08
Cy
Re: Remaining XBox exclusives Jan 31, 2005, 14:08
Jan 31, 2005, 14:08
Cy

Well, they did steal the Crimson Skies and Midtown Madness series from us...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO please don't mention that - I've tried to block the horror of those annoucements from my mind as much as possible.

Jan 31, 2005, 14:28
Re: Remaining XBox exclusives Jan 31, 2005, 14:28
Jan 31, 2005, 14:28

Also:
Ninja Gaiden
Mech Assault
Fable
Gun Valkyrie
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Project Gotham Racing

I think the Dead or Alive games are Xbox only, although they're not really my thing so I can't swear to them.

And conventional wisdom says that multi-console games are usually (but not always) better-looking and/or more functional on the Xbox, unless it's EA and they're pushing the PS2 version.

Jan 31, 2005, 14:40
nin
Re: Remaining XBox exclusives Jan 31, 2005, 14:40
Jan 31, 2005, 14:40
nin

Project Gotham Racing

Really miss that one from the Dreamcast days...

Jan 31, 2005, 18:20
Re: Remaining XBox exclusives Jan 31, 2005, 18:20
Jan 31, 2005, 18:20

Dunno how you "miss" PGR from the Dreamcast days. What, can't get yourself to pony up for an Xbox and $20 for a copy of PGR2? I mean...if you dig racing games, you already own an Xbox.

Crying "I don't like teh microsoft!" and then complaining that they "stole" games from you is ridiculous. the games are RIGHT THERE. YOU CAN GET THEM. THEY ARE WIDELY AVAILABLE. Microsoft isn't the worst-behaving company anymore anyway...EA seems hellbent on taking that crown.

Jan 31, 2005, 19:01
nin
Re: Remaining XBox exclusives Jan 31, 2005, 19:01
Jan 31, 2005, 19:01
nin

Dunno how you "miss" PGR from the Dreamcast days.

Well, ya see, before it was called PGR, it was called Metropolis Street Racer, and it was on the Dreamcast.

What, can't get yourself to pony up for an Xbox and $20 for a copy of PGR2?

Go buy me one, dude...I'll give you a PO box to ship it to...

Well...
Jan 31, 2005, 19:15
Well... Jan 31, 2005, 19:15
Jan 31, 2005, 19:15

it's not so much as they stole titles, it's the fact that they pretty much abandon'd the PC to make the games Xbox exclusives.

Which include Mechwarrior/Mechassault, Crimson Skies, Halo Series (sorry half assed ports don't count), Midtown Madness and a few others I cannot think of off the top of my head.

I would actually pay for Crimson Skies and MechAssault type games back on the PC just for the graphical upgrades, minus the arcady power up system. I mean I would love to have Mechassault 2's graphics with Mechwarriors mech configuring system. Same with Crimson Skies.

Re: Well...
Jan 31, 2005, 22:39
Re: Well... Jan 31, 2005, 22:39
Jan 31, 2005, 22:39

Microsoft has an investment to protect, and they'll take any game they can use from the PC to support it. Crimson Skies (the original PC title) SCREAMED "console port!" when it actually wasn't. Its rightful HOME is on a console. Midtown madness? meh, GTA took the "living city" idea SO much further.
Mechassault...well, MA2 was supposed to have mech configuration, UNTIL they decided to have you find a mech on the field. The way the game is now, being able to configure a mech makes no sense....you take what you can find and use it.

And what about graphical upgrades? Have you PLAYED Crimson Skies on the Xbox? How about Mechassault 2 or Halo 2? Very VERY few PC games can touch any of them, graphically. How about a game genre noone MAKES for the pc, like fighting games? DOA Ultimate is the Xbox's current 10-ton gorilla, and I'm DYING to see what Team Ninja makes for whichever next gen system they align themselves with. Graphical upgrades to those games on the PC would be nothing more than higher resolution....they don't really need "help".

I like my PC games, don't get me wrong. but the PC as a gaming platform is suffering from lack of conformity. Too many people still think a geforce 2 is a viable graphics card, and game makers have to accept that. SO games are graphically gimped from the start, so they can support crappy systems. With consoles...there's no such thing. So you see MORE impressive things appearing on those 3+ year old machines than on the PC. It's a shame, but companies gotta play to the lowest common denominator. We're not it. Billy Bob at Wal-Mart is.

Jan 31, 2005, 22:43
Re: Well... Jan 31, 2005, 22:43
Jan 31, 2005, 22:43

Sorry nin, didn't see your reply there at first.

And yes, I had (have) MSR. I know what it was, and the new ones in the series tear it to bits, altho they're far more leniant.

As for the Xbox, I don't live on Blue's, so I don't know if you've posted being in some horrible financial woes, or if you're 14. in either case, you can't complain about games being "taken" from the PC, as you wouldn't be able to afford the computer neccessary to run the games HAD they stayed on the PC.

Your complaint is nullified by what the whole console-ization thing is about. viability.

Jan 31, 2005, 23:30
Re: Well... Jan 31, 2005, 23:30
Jan 31, 2005, 23:30

Um HoSpanky, you really need to go look at the specs for an Xbox, and then tell me again that 'VERY few PC games can touch any of them, graphically.'

Considering it's running on a Geforce 3 and a Intel 733mhz processor that todays Computers can't touch them graphically?

And DOA Ultimate is the Xbox's current heavy hitter?

I sure would like to know what your smoking.

Also what I meant is I would love to see a game like Mechwarrior 4 with the graphics of Mechassault 2. And yeah it might just mean higher res, but it would still look a hell of alot better then the console versions. Plus the PC is typically better for games that require more then just aim and shoot games. It sucks that the best way to win at say Mechassault 2, is to get the biggest mech you can and have someone give you the most powerups for the best weapon on the mech. Compair it to the strategy that is involved in Mechwarrior 4, it's like compairing a Yugo to a Ferrari. Weapons Loadouts, Heat loadouts, Jump Jet loadouts, armor loadouts, they type of map your playing on, overall mech tonnage, long range vs short range, aiming for specific areas on a mech to destroy weapons etc.
Just taken the graphics from Crimson Skies and MechAssault and apply ONLY them to the PC counterparts. Minus the crappy PPC's from Mechassault.

Games are only gimped by the lowest common denominator set by the developer, not the hardware. Example: Doom 3, yeah you can play it on a ass old system and it looks like crap, and you can also play it on bleeding edge hardware and it looks awesome.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer