Out of the Blue

It's off to the vet this morning. Gunnar is going to get his first puppy check-up, and Hudson the wonder dog can have a follow-up to her ailing foot. The weird thing there is her foot no longer seems to bother her at all... after getting splinted for what was diagnosed as a hairline fracture of the toe, our indomitable pup managed to remove the splint within a few days, and has not seemed the worse for wear since. I guess we'll learn today whether the toe thing was a mis-diagnosis, or if it simply managed to heal up after all of four days of being immobilized.

R.I.P.: Jerry Orbach dead at 69. Thanks Spectre.

Play Time: Bugs Are Coming.
Mario Quiz.
Stories of the Day: With land lines down, survivors turn to Internet (registration required).
Dog smashes truck into store.
Astronauts on Candy Diet After Pantry Raided. Even in space, roommates can be jerks.
Science!: Where Are All the Dead Animals Sri Lanka Asks and Tsunami Adds to Belief in Animals' 'Sixth Sense'.
Slashdot | Transparent Transistors Are Coming.
Media of the Day: Can’t Handle It. Drag race drag.
Auctions of the Day: 'Home Improvement' -Tool Time- TV Show Autographed Hat. Thanks Nick.
Worst Christmas Gift Ever! Fuzzy Pink Handcuffs! +cash. Thanks Brian.
Purported Elvis Water Brings $455 Bid on eBay.
Follow-up: 2004: The Year Space Tourism Finally Took Off.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
View : : :
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Happy Birthday...
Jan 3, 2005, 15:13
Re: Happy Birthday... Jan 3, 2005, 15:13
Jan 3, 2005, 15:13

Merry Birthday Zathrus!
Hey Heather, if you are around…give ole’ Z a nugie for his birthday from me!
*edit*…That could sound bad…especially with some of you sick freaks here. I am referring to when you grind your knuckle on the top of the head and cause pain….nothing sexual you sick-o’s!

LOL!
Beauty is truth; truth beauty - that is all ye need to know on earth...except TCP/IP.

Jan 3, 2005, 15:12
Re: Happy Birthday... Jan 3, 2005, 15:12
Jan 3, 2005, 15:12

No birthday Trifecta/Triple play should lack the phrase "and my wife finally gave in and invited another girl to sleep with us"
So either you skip WoW or let the kid watch.
I'm a sick, sick person.

Dude.

Dude.

Back away from the crack pipe.
Beauty is truth; truth beauty - that is all ye need to know on earth...except TCP/IP.

Re: No subject
Dec 31, 2004, 21:35
Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 21:35
Dec 31, 2004, 21:35

I got bored of that real fast, so I disconnected mine…I ended up lapping everybody by 3 laps…teehee! The track owners where pissed, and told me to never come back (not like I broke the device or anything) it worked fine when it was hooked back up...something about insurance...damn insurance companies taking all the fun out of life...be careful...don’t kill your self...whaa whaa whaa)

The ones in MN you have to sign a erlease form the second you step in them. Can't go 10 ft without signing something.

BatmanX - fka Batman
(to match all of my online gaming activites)

Dec 31, 2004, 15:54
Enahs

Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 15:54
Dec 31, 2004, 15:54
 Enahs

Last time I went go-carting with some friends was a few years ago. They had some electronic device to govern the speed, so people could not go to fast.

I got bored of that real fast, so I disconnected mine…I ended up lapping everybody by 3 laps…teehee! The track owners where pissed, and told me to never come back (not like I broke the device or anything) it worked fine when it was hooked back up...something about insurance...damn insurance companies taking all the fun out of life...be careful...don’t kill your self...whaa whaa whaa)

_____
Enahs
That’s a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Dec 31, 2004, 08:57
Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 08:57
Dec 31, 2004, 08:57

The best part was that each cart has a transponder and after the race you get to see a printout of who won, lap times, average speed, etc.

See, now that would be the big selling point for me. I love statistics and numbers used in that way. Plus, like you said, bragging rights, and a way to prove it.

Wow. I guess I thought everyone had these around their places. We have 3-4 right here in the Minneapolis area. One of them shut down, but before it did, it had mini-bike races. Those mini sports bikes. They were awesome. I got to buddy up with a few of them cause I wanted to buy one and join the league....but never got around to it. Was able to ride them a few times around the track, it was insane. The mini bikes would go 2x as fast as the cars. It was hilarious to see grown men on these tiny little bikes going 40-50 mph on the straights. Knees up in the air. Awesome.....pure awesome.

BatmanX - fka Batman

Re: Hairline
Dec 31, 2004, 08:54
Re: Hairline Dec 31, 2004, 08:54
Dec 31, 2004, 08:54

#37, Bronco - did someone finally catch the joke? sheesh. Thank you Bronco.

BatmanX - fka Batman

Dec 31, 2004, 02:50
Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 02:50
Dec 31, 2004, 02:50

JERRY ORBACH WALKS THE EARTH AGAIN AS WE SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!

HE IS...........UNDEAD
What?
Poor RazorWynd probably got confused when he saw a rerun of Law & Order on TV. He's hiding in the basement now with a loaded shotgun, waiting for the impending zombie apocalypse...

and a warning to those who do not.

Dec 31, 2004, 02:46
Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 02:46
Dec 31, 2004, 02:46

The best part was that each cart has a transponder and after the race you get to see a printout of who won, lap times, average speed, etc.
See, now that would be the big selling point for me. I love statistics and numbers used in that way. Plus, like you said, bragging rights, and a way to prove it.

It would be cool if on the printout it also charted a map of the path your car took in the race. Just because.

Wow, 3am, I should probably get to bed now.

Dec 31, 2004, 02:18
WarPig

Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 02:18
Dec 31, 2004, 02:18
 WarPig

<Sigh> Ok, I'll bite.

HE IS...........UNDEAD

What?

-------------------------------------------------------
Emergency Blue's News message board ~ http://boards.chatbear.com/bluefix

Dec 31, 2004, 02:04
WarPig

Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 02:04
Dec 31, 2004, 02:04
 WarPig

Any pictures of wrecks?

No, we're just talking go-carts here. Lots of spinouts - not me though. The best part was that each cart has a transponder and after the race you get to see a printout of who won, lap times, average speed, etc.

Ok, I hate to brag... BUT...

I won the first race although I only had the third best single lap time. Basically just by not spinning out.

So after the race everyone's talking about which carts are best (#10 by far) and which one is worst (#6). We're all trash talking about how we're going to tackle each other trying to get the best carts. Meanwhile, cart #6 sucks so bad it's pulled off to the side... until another cart konks out and it's brought back in.

Guess who gets stuck with it?

Guess who wins with it.

Actually it wasn't all that bad, but I'll never admit that to the guys at work and give up my trash talking privileges!

No subject
Dec 31, 2004, 01:28
No subject Dec 31, 2004, 01:28
Dec 31, 2004, 01:28

HE IS...........UNDEAD

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)
Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

Dec 31, 2004, 00:50
nin
Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 00:50
Dec 31, 2004, 00:50
nin

Holy crap was that ever fun!

Any pictures of wrecks? I've got a couple of coworkers that do dirt track racing in their spare time...

http://tds.nin.com/

Dec 31, 2004, 00:17
WarPig

Re: No subject Dec 31, 2004, 00:17
Dec 31, 2004, 00:17
 WarPig

Have fun, Pig.

Holy crap was that ever fun!

I think those guys just gained at least four new regular customers.

Dec 30, 2004, 21:56
Re: No subject Dec 30, 2004, 21:56
Dec 30, 2004, 21:56

he rented out a local establishment called "Indy Cart" for three hours of racin', pizza, racin', and hopefully drinkin'!
With any luck, it'll be in that order for your sake!

Have fun, Pig.

No subject
Dec 30, 2004, 21:30
WarPig

No subject Dec 30, 2004, 21:30
Dec 30, 2004, 21:30
 WarPig

Hey, I'm about to go racin'! My boss knows how to do the year end holiday party right - he rented out a local establishment called "Indy Cart" for three hours of racin', pizza, racin', and hopefully drinkin'! And just in case there's no drinkin', I'm putting a half rack in the trunk right now! I'm plannin' on breakin' somethin' tonight boys... either the track record or some bones!

Yeeee freakin' haawwwwwwwww!

Re: dumbest ho ever, eager to show it of
Dec 30, 2004, 20:28
Re: dumbest ho ever, eager to show it of Dec 30, 2004, 20:28
Dec 30, 2004, 20:28

I initially wrote up a really long rant about how Americans are just like non-Americans, and can't we all just get along?

But then I decided it wasn't really worth it. So, here's this instead:

Go home, troll-bag.

Moog is wrong but he's not a troll. Americans are not like the rest of the world, you just harbour their criminals. Moog didn't like the Ebay comments. He has an opinion. If, bless him, that opinion means he doesn't like Americans then... you know it's not really fair to call people living in the US, Americans since there are obviously North Americans, South Americans and Central Americans. It's particularly the people in the United States of America that he's refering to, so there would need to be another fitting nickname for them. How about United States Of Americans. A little unwieldy. How about United States-ers. No, still too much. I know. US-ers! You're all US-ers, aren't you? Hey, that looks a little like "USERS". Perfect then.

Re: Hairline
Dec 30, 2004, 20:16
Re: Hairline Dec 30, 2004, 20:16
Dec 30, 2004, 20:16

heheh you laid pipe. That kicks ass.

He's not even the only fitter here.

I don't hold a card but I've done my fair share of pipefitting.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com
teh m4y0r ownz a GabeN b4ckp4k
http://www.azurebrigade.com
- WoW Guild / Board
This comment was edited on Dec 30, 20:17.
-TPFKAS2S

Dec 30, 2004, 20:15
Re: Happy Birthday... Dec 30, 2004, 20:15
Dec 30, 2004, 20:15

So far, so good -- the kiddo slept through the night for once, I got a nifty toy in WoW, and -- best so far -- I got an offer on a job I interviewed for last week. And for more than I was asking.

Glad to hear you are having such a great day. Hope it translates into an even better year!

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com
teh m4y0r ownz a GabeN b4ckp4k
http://www.azurebrigade.com
- WoW Guild / Board
-TPFKAS2S

Dec 30, 2004, 19:50
Ant

Re: Happy Birthday... Dec 30, 2004, 19:50
Dec 30, 2004, 19:50
 Ant

Uhh, that wasn't natural fertilization. I'm not sure why you would want to have a baby at that age.

Dec 30, 2004, 19:44
Re: Happy Birthday... Dec 30, 2004, 19:44
Dec 30, 2004, 19:44

I picked up an iPod color today...in, uh, in your honor. Yeah, that's it. And no, you can't have it. Sorry.

That's fine. Just send me your old one.

complicity: 32

Currently peeved at the WoW login server.

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older