Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

IL-2 Sturmovik Expands

Matrix Games announces the release of Case Blue, the tastefully named first of a pair of new expansions for IL-2 Sturmovik. The add-on can currently be purchased online, while a boxed version is to appear on store shelves in a couple of weeks. Here's the deal on the new pack, which requires IL-2 or the Forgotten Battled expansion:

Case Blue places you into the role of either a German or Russian ace pilot. With your wit and skill you will battle either for a second German advance further into Soviet Russia, or mount the Russian defense against the German Luftwaffe. With over 1,000 different missions, Case Blue packs in a lot of entertainment for flight sim fans on a budget. Enjoy over 400 multiplayer co-operative missions and over 550 single player missions that will keep your eyes as busy as your hands until the end of the war."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2004, 08:37 Nimh

What the hell is wrong with that? They exist for the MS Flight Sim series...and some people don't want to spend the time to make their own missions using the builder.

The problem is that if Blue posted every fan made mission pack for flight sims 90% of the news stories here would be non-historic, non-realistic, poorly made, flight sim missions.

You have to admit they're a dime a dozen. This press release fooled Blue, and myself intitally, into thinking it was actually a game update. It's not, it's just fan missions calling themselves an "update". Poor form from Matrix (not Maddox) games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 21:08 DDI

What the hell is wrong with that? They exist for the MS Flight Sim series...and some people don't want to spend the time to make their own missions using the builder.

9. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 19:58 Nimh

Blue... this isn't an explansion or even an update. This is a third party trying to sell missions that anyone can make in the in-game mission builder. This shouldn't be listed on this site.

8. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 18:15 Shadowcat

Ah, so I can take out Fokkers with my lightning sharp double-entendres?
"Aces Over Monkey Island"?

7. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 16:28 DDI

Thank you sir, I'll give it a whirl.

6. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 14:40 Bet

Thanks for the link to that site. Never heard of it, but maybe now I can finally get into Pacific Fighters.

5. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 13:55 Wolfox

Dynamic campaigns that are dull as hell...

Try downloading DCG. Your campaigns will be hardly as dull.

http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 13:56.

4. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 11:51 DDI

Oleg may know how to write an engine but he doesn't know how to make a game. Pacific Fighters is a fuckin travesty, I'm embarrased I paid $50 for it. 4 single missions only for some planes??! Dynamic campaigns that are dull as hell... #@%@#%@#%!@

3. No subject Dec 22, 2004, 10:24 FalcoNg

So thats it? Only new missions?

2. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 09:45 aldo_14

With your wit and skill you will battle either for a second German advance further into Soviet Russia

Ah, so I can take out Fokkers with my lightning sharp double-entendres?

NB: don't think this is an official expansion pack.

1. OK... Dec 22, 2004, 09:35 JAGUART

Now how does this affect Pacific Fighters? Will I need a stand alone of Pacific Fighter and now Case Blue?

Or

The Forgotten Battles + Ace Expansion + Pacific Fighters + Ace Blue installation to play online?

Sheesh.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo