Ships Ahoy - DAoC: Catacombs

Mythic Entertainment announces the launch of the Catacombs expansion for Dark Age of Camelot, their MMORPG:
Underground Expansion to Online Game Takes All Players Below the Realms for an Entirely New “Dark Age of Camelot” Experience

FAIRFAX, VA – DECEMBER 7, 2004 – Mythic Entertainment, developer and publisher of the massively-multiplayer online role-playing game, “Dark Age of Camelot,” today announced that “Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs” has shipped to retail stores throughout North America. The online game’s fifth expansion, “Catacombs” debuts instanced Private Adventuring(TM) for solo and group quests, adds five new classes, reveals a vast new underworld to explore, and a major character and environment graphics overhaul. “Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs” is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB, and has a suggested retail price of $29.99.

Players will delve beneath the three Realms for new adventures based on the game’s original back story, and experience instanced Private Adventuring(TM) for challenging solo and group play that is accessible to players at all levels. “Catacombs” upgrades graphics throughout the game, including playable characters, monsters, and dungeon environments, and introduces a character customization feature. Five new player classes make their debut in “Catacombs,” offering new challenges and the chance to see “Camelot” through the eyes of a Heretic, Warlock, Valkyrie, Vampiir or Bainshee.

“It’s been three years since we successfully launched ‘Dark Age of Camelot,’ and with ‘Catacombs,’ we are more proud of the game than ever. We’re continually improving the game play, visuals and features, and with ‘Catacombs,’ the game stands up against any new titles in the MMO genre. ‘Dark Age of Camelot’ features a depth of game play that few can match, and offers something for every type of play style,” said Mark Jacobs, president and CEO of Mythic Entertainment. “With ‘Catacombs’ we’re thrilled to introduce instanced Private Adventuring(TM), which makes ‘Dark Age of Camelot’ even more accessible for more casual players as it allows players with limited time to jump in and get into the action more quickly than ever.”

For more information on “Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs,” please visit http://catacombs.darkageofcamelot.com/ .
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Dec 8, 2004, 14:46
... Dec 8, 2004, 14:46
Dec 8, 2004, 14:46

I played Pendragon (test server) and Pendragon only for 3+ years. Got into every closed beta and this is no different than any of the prior expansions and a lot more like EQ. TOA started the EQ mentality with DAoC, Catacombs adds to it. More timesinks with little worthwhile content/backstory, new classes that are far from balanced, updated graphics that look worse than the originals and the list goes on and on.

Mythic is a sham, and almost all the people I regularely played with on Pendragon are gone. Can only take so much of the same old same old and complete disregard to testers input before you finally decide to click cancel, break your CD's and delete any/all evidence that this mockery of an MMOG ever even was resident on the HD.

Re: Huh?
Dec 8, 2004, 14:40
Re: Huh? Dec 8, 2004, 14:40
Dec 8, 2004, 14:40

I guess people who complain about "kiddies" in WOW or CS don't understand that the majority of online players fall into that category. If a game is popular enough of course you gonna have more "kiddies" than in another game.

Anyhow I don't have anything against "kiddies", I think they make the game more fun. Bigger community = better experience.

Same thing applies to bots,hacks,exploit(ers).

Don't forget that these people and usually all bad things are more obvious than anything else.

In other words you are just plain stupid if you gonna play a worse game based on those reasons

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 14:41.

:P
Dec 8, 2004, 11:49
:P Dec 8, 2004, 11:49
Dec 8, 2004, 11:49

is this the expansion that:
1) balances population
2) makes ToA less of a turd
3) removes NF and makes RVR fun again

no? sorry then I'm not coming back, not for any pretty graphics and eyecandy.

No subject
Dec 8, 2004, 10:34
No subject Dec 8, 2004, 10:34
Dec 8, 2004, 10:34

I'm still hooked on FFXI - suits my tastes perfectly.

Kittens!

Dec 8, 2004, 09:44
Re: Huh? Dec 8, 2004, 09:44
Dec 8, 2004, 09:44

yes i almost fell for it but then i realized that it's not all the kiddies that ruin the game, it's all the number crunchers and whiners who try to make their toons ub3r!

/put-on flamesuit

Dec 8, 2004, 09:23
Re: Huh? Dec 8, 2004, 09:23
Dec 8, 2004, 09:23

Wow, (pun intended), RaZOr! You baited that hook professionally, but not even a nibble yet. All the fish must still be asleep.

I give this troll a 9 out of 10.

wow
Dec 8, 2004, 09:00
un4
wow Dec 8, 2004, 09:00
Dec 8, 2004, 09:00
un4

from what i been reading about wow...blizzard has'nt learned anything from diablo2/battlenet...alrdy there are speed haks and bots...next thing u know ppl will log on and find there accounts have been haked and there chars deleted...only diff now u have to pay 15 bucks a month for the shit...

Dec 8, 2004, 08:29
Re: Huh? Dec 8, 2004, 08:29
Dec 8, 2004, 08:29

Well as someone that had spent a year and a half playing DAoC, i can say that i liked the gameplay for a while. Met some good people online and the realm vs. realm system was a nice twist on the MMOG idea (IMO better than PvP). In short it was a whothwhile experience.

The problem with DAoC is in fact Mythic. Their system of "refining" class balance was extremely heavy handed with no correction when they make a design error. And as time has gone on it seems like they have completely stopped listening to their players, while the team leaders take the brunt of player frustration.

I for one am glad that i have cancelled and welcome our new WoW overloads. Zug Zug!

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 08:29.

Dec 8, 2004, 08:20
RaZ0r!

Re: Huh? Dec 8, 2004, 08:20
Dec 8, 2004, 08:20
 RaZ0r!

WoW is the best thing that ever happened to DAoC. All the little kids left to play WoW with it's Cartoon Network graphics and DAoC is SO much more enjoyable now. The young kids really needed a MMO of their own and Blizzard has really come through for them. I've seen toddlers pick that game up and run quests like mad until nap time.

RaZ0r!
http://users.ign.com/about/Cutts
This comment was edited on Dec 8, 08:21.
I pwnz j00!

Dec 8, 2004, 06:04
Re: Huh? Dec 8, 2004, 06:04
Dec 8, 2004, 06:04

Yet another waste of $30 for all the Mythic sheep to waste their money on...

Huh?
Dec 8, 2004, 04:06
Huh? Dec 8, 2004, 04:06
Dec 8, 2004, 04:06

uh ok....<goes back to playing WOW>

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older