Out of the Blue

We have a spectacular fall day in these parts... just plain perfect. Of course we have a plan in place that will prevent enjoying it too much: We normally would have most of our holiday shopping done by now, but this year we are completely off track, and we are planning on subjecting ourselves to a December Sunday at the shopping mall... this could get ugly.

Links of the Day: Foot operated can crusher. Thanks System BIOS. As opposed to a foot.
Stories of the Day: Slashdot | Harrison Ford Confirms Indiana Jones IV Production.
French Police Misplace Explosives on Jet. Thanks brother 19. Voops!
Science!: The threat from life on Mars. Thanks Jim. Orson Wells warned us...
Image of the Day: Dilbert.
Media of the Day: Exploding Cop Car. For training in what?
Auction of the Day: Woman Auctions Father's Ghost on eBay.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
View : : :
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: I'm gonna post here!
Dec 8, 2004, 22:41
Re: I'm gonna post here! Dec 8, 2004, 22:41
Dec 8, 2004, 22:41

I remember hearing how the guy who wrote "The Shawshank Redemption" submitted a script and everyone involved loved it (except for you-know-who G.L.) I find it hard to believe that it wasn't good- the Shawshank Redemption was a great film, and I think that guy can really write.

Oh well....Harrison isn't getting any younger that is for sure.

Dec 8, 2004, 20:05
nin

Re: I'm gonna post here! Dec 8, 2004, 20:05
Dec 8, 2004, 20:05
 nin

But seriously, how come more people aren't talking about the Indiana Jones IV thing? I think it sounds great!

Because they can't agree on a script. It was suppose to start shooting next year, but that's probably not going to happen now (Spielberg is now filming War of the Worlds w/ Tom Cruise).

They can get back to us after they approve a script, and get the first week of shooting under their belts. THEN I'll be excited. Until then, the check's in the mail...

http://tds.nin.com/

Dec 8, 2004, 18:17
Re: I'm gonna post here! Dec 8, 2004, 18:17
Dec 8, 2004, 18:17

I read it...and you should be ashamed for such craziness.

But seriously, how come more people aren't talking about the Indiana Jones IV thing? I think it sounds great!

All4...

I'm gonna post here!
Dec 7, 2004, 03:04
I'm gonna post here! Dec 7, 2004, 03:04
Dec 7, 2004, 03:04

I am posting here, nearly TWO DAYS after this Out of the Blue was originally posted!! Such craziness!! No one willever read this!
I eat pasta!

Need advice - where to buy textbooks...
Dec 6, 2004, 11:52
Need advice - where to buy textbooks... Dec 6, 2004, 11:52
Dec 6, 2004, 11:52

I figured that there are a decent amount of college-age folks on this board, so I wanted to pick your brains about where to buy used textbooks on the cheap.

Sure, I've Googled. However, I don't know which places are reputable and which aren't. So which sites have you used to buy textbooks at? What's your satisfaction level?

-Heather - going back to school after *cough* a few years to pick up a second bachelor's degree
Beauty is truth; truth beauty - that is all ye need to know on earth...except TCP/IP.

Re: The problem with finding Martians
Dec 6, 2004, 11:49
Enahs

Re: The problem with finding Martians Dec 6, 2004, 11:49
Dec 6, 2004, 11:49
 Enahs

Of course, I'm not aware of any measures taken to ensure that Earthly bacteria didn't arrive on Mars with one of our probes..

A lot is done to ensure we do not.

_____
Enahs
That’s a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Re: WoW Blue Death Guild
Dec 6, 2004, 10:18
WarPig

Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 6, 2004, 10:18
Dec 6, 2004, 10:18
 WarPig

My money's on Indy -

Not me - not yet anyway. I want to see how they'll do on the road in bad weather against a more physical team. I still think New England is the team to beat.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there is nothing I cannot do." ~ Lord Salisbury

GO SEAHAWKS!

The problem with finding Martians
Dec 6, 2004, 09:04
The problem with finding Martians Dec 6, 2004, 09:04
Dec 6, 2004, 09:04

The risks are twofold: probes sent from Earth may contaminate Mars with terrestrial bacteria, wrecking future studies of Martian life; or, more important, bacteria brought back from Mars may contaminate the Earth with unpredictable effects.

This sentence is a perfect example of why were going to fuck something up royally if we ever discover extraterrestrial life.

It's not "more important", you assholes! It's "AS important"!! The Martian life-forms are just up there doin' there thing.. It's just as important that we don't screw them over as they don't screw us over. Of course, I'm not aware of any measures taken to ensure that Earthly bacteria didn't arrive on Mars with one of our probes..

Earthlings need to understand that we're simply not the most important organism.. anywhere.

-----
"I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole."
-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Re: HL2 Fun
Dec 6, 2004, 04:29
Re: HL2 Fun Dec 6, 2004, 04:29
Dec 6, 2004, 04:29

Way to go with the secret text there

HL2 Fun
Dec 6, 2004, 00:49
HL2 Fun Dec 6, 2004, 00:49
Dec 6, 2004, 00:49

I just ran across this. I'll SST it, though if you're far enough along to have gotten the grav gun you can read it without problems.

Next time you're playing catch with Dog, hang onto his "ball" when playtimes over. Thats the round silver spikey dealie. Take it with you when you head to Ravenholm. It's a little tricky getting it up the ladder, just grab the ladder, then turn around and go up backwards.

The ball does a great job on zombies. It seems to be pretty much indestructable. But the fun thing is that the zombies think it's an enemy! Take out one zom with the ball, and the rest of them will stagger over and start clawing at it. They hit it and knock it a few feet away, then it rolls right back to them! Meanwhile you can calmly walk up behind them and club them to death.

I was turning off deathtraps so I'd have more zombies to play with.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 09:36.
It's the land of the brave, and the home of the free, where the less you know the better off you'll be.

Dec 6, 2004, 00:31
Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 6, 2004, 00:31
Dec 6, 2004, 00:31

I just don't want to see the Patriots in the Superbowl again.

Hey, as an NE fan more of that is a great thing. We scored nearly every way possible today; but I'm afraid that if we lose any more CBs the rest of our offense will have to start playing defense too.

I am hopelessly hooked on HL2DM, now if only admins would realize that HL2DM sucks a LOT more power (bandwidth and CPU) per player than CS:S. Most games for me are nice and smooth up to about 10 players, after that the average server starts to choke.

On Another Note
Dec 5, 2004, 23:49
On Another Note Dec 5, 2004, 23:49
Dec 5, 2004, 23:49

Daikatana is available for download over on:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/

It's 178 MB download. I'm checking it out just to see what kind of mess it really is. Will John Romero still make me his bitch or is it too late for that?

---------------------------------------------------
[No pixels were harmed in the making of this post.]
WWFS - What Would Freud Say?
--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

Dec 5, 2004, 23:44
Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 5, 2004, 23:44
Dec 5, 2004, 23:44

Obviously it's going to come down to:

Indianapolis
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
San Diego
New England

I see these teams firing on all cylinders right now. However I feel San Diego won't last too far into the playoffs... and Pittsburgh will have to crack sometime. My money's on Indy - and I wouldn't feel too bad if the Eagles win over all. I just don't want to see the Patriots in the Superbowl again.

---------------------------------------------------
[No pixels were harmed in the making of this post.]
WWFS - What Would Freud Say?
--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

Dec 5, 2004, 21:13
WarPig

Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 5, 2004, 21:13
Dec 5, 2004, 21:13
 WarPig

I can't believe I'm betting they will do worse!

See, it's win-win for you! Even so, at this time we have two different hats and I'll send you one of each.

I hope I win though, I wear a hat quite a bit and have accumulated at least 50, but it's somehow cooler to have one that no one else can get.

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there is nothing I cannot do." ~ Lord Salisbury

GO SEAHAWKS!

Dec 5, 2004, 20:58
Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 5, 2004, 20:58
Dec 5, 2004, 20:58

So I guess I could see them losing their last game against the Bengals. I'd say the worst they'll do is 14-2.

We should bet on this somehow. Does your company have hats?

Yes they do and one is yours if they go 14-2 or better.

I get one of yours if they finish anything 13-3 and under.

I can't believe I'm betting they will do worse!

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com
teh m4y0r ownz a GabeN b4ckp4k
http://boards.chatbear.com/wowbng
- The House of Blue WoW Guild Message Board
-TPFKAS2S

Dec 5, 2004, 20:45
WarPig

Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 5, 2004, 20:45
Dec 5, 2004, 20:45
 WarPig

They are not going to go 15-1. They will lose two more games.

The only way they could, and might, lose again is because once they secure home field advantage they'll probably quit playing their starters full time. So I guess I could see them losing their last game against the Bengals. I'd say the worst they'll do is 14-2.

We should bet on this somehow. Does your company have hats?

GO SEAHAWKS!

Dec 5, 2004, 20:39
Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 5, 2004, 20:39
Dec 5, 2004, 20:39

here's hoping there's no 4th and 26, though I dont't think it will be close...
Sigh, all is as expected. I was hoping Bronco's stumble prediction would hold, but dang our D.

Oh well. The NFC sure is a mess this year; if a team less than .500 makes it into the playoffs, the Eagles are set.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

Dec 5, 2004, 20:34
Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 5, 2004, 20:34
Dec 5, 2004, 20:34

I'm honestly not trying to jinx anything for your Eagles here, but as it stands now I've never seen a team so far ahead of everyone else in their respective conference.

I had them losing last week and they won. So I moved the loss to this week. I thought for sure with last years playoff win this was bound to be a tight game and the Pack would win.

I said to Halsy in WoW right before the game lost that the Eagles would stumble today.

They are not going to go 15-1. They will lose two more games.

Whether or not they can beat the best the AFC has to offer may be a different story, but as far as the NFC goes... wow.

To be honest, I could care less. I just want to see them GET TO THE GAME! Everything else will be icing on the cake.

-TPFKAS2S
-TPFKAS2S

Dec 5, 2004, 20:28
WarPig

Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 5, 2004, 20:28
Dec 5, 2004, 20:28
 WarPig

Can I be the first person to say - OMFG the Eagles?!?!?!

I'm honestly not trying to jinx anything for your Eagles here, but as it stands now I've never seen a team so far ahead of everyone else in their respective conference. Barring an injury to a significant Eagle's player, there isn't an NFC team who has any chance of beating them right now. Whether or not they can beat the best the AFC has to offer may be a different story, but as far as the NFC goes... wow.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Dec 5, 2004, 19:36
Re: WoW Blue Death Guild Dec 5, 2004, 19:36
Dec 5, 2004, 19:36

eDave: Our guild has a twelve-step program.

1. Admit you have a problem with WoW abuse.
2. Join Guild
3-11. QUEST!DING!QUEST!DING!QUEST!DING!, etc.
12. Wake up to the wreckage of your previous life, lying in your own bodily excretions, starved and caffine addicted.

You have been warned.

Says the lvl 30+ power leveler!

Most of us are in the high teens low 20s.

Sixis is on most of the day...

-TPFKAS2S
-TPFKAS2S
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older