Out of the Blue

Half-Life 2 deathmatch? I am psyched... I still have fond memories of the clever aspects of multiplayer play in the original Half-Life, and this is going to have it all over that. Now I have to work on a proper taunt to use after clunking someone a good one with a toilet.

Links of the Day: BandAidDilemma.net.
Stories of the Day: Platinum Hello Kitty Sells for $102,000.
Jennings hits 'Jeopardy' milestone. Thanks nin.
Science!: More Robot Grunts Ready for Duty.
Under All That Ice, Maybe Oil (registration required).
Look Ma, No Hands.
Images of the Day: Foxtrot. Thanks Cholma.
Follow-ups: A Spreading Hazard for Deer and Elk (and Hunters) (registration required).
After the X Prize.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
View : : :
83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

Re: Here is a stroke of genius.....
Dec 2, 2004, 10:15
Enahs

Re: Here is a stroke of genius..... Dec 2, 2004, 10:15
Dec 2, 2004, 10:15
 Enahs

The cafés have to pay additional fees beyond the price of the game, because they are using it for commercial purposes. Vavle was not getting any of the fee money.

Uhhh...That is what I said part of the lawsuit was about...

_____
Enahs
That’s a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Dec 2, 2004, 01:36
Re: Here is a stroke of genius..... Dec 2, 2004, 01:36
Dec 2, 2004, 01:36

“As many” with reason, not like 50+, but you would have no problem with up to 5 people. That is still illegal (and part of what Valve/ (how ever you spell their craptastic distribution company as of now) is trying to stop/get reimbursed with the whole cyber café lawsuit stuff.

Nope, the cyber café thing is a different issue. The cafés have to pay additional fees beyond the price of the game, because they are using it for commercial purposes. Vavle was not getting any of the fee money.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 01:41.

Re: TAUNT city
Dec 1, 2004, 22:07
nin
Re: TAUNT city Dec 1, 2004, 22:07
Dec 1, 2004, 22:07
nin

I'm just happy I can play single-player Half-Life 2 again.

But for how long...

I'll go throw on that song "I'm the Scat Man" for ya!

http://tds.nin.com/

Dec 1, 2004, 21:35
Re: TAUNT city Dec 1, 2004, 21:35
Dec 1, 2004, 21:35

Who clogged your toilet?

I'm with banddirector, if this crap doesn't stop I'm going to get pissed.

Hay, don't get mad at me, I am just sitting here getting shit faced!

BatmanX - fka Batman
(to match all of my online gaming activites)

Re: Heinlein novels -> films
Dec 1, 2004, 21:34
Re: Heinlein novels -> films Dec 1, 2004, 21:34
Dec 1, 2004, 21:34

"They have... and they were both horrible (in the sense of being faithful to the books): Starship Troopers and The Puppet Masters."

My bad, I forgot. I was thinking of Moon, Stranger, Cat, etc.

Would it even be LEGAL to make a faithful film version of Time Enough For Love?

It hurts to be a sci-fi fan.

Dec 1, 2004, 21:24
WarPig

Re: TAUNT city Dec 1, 2004, 21:24
Dec 1, 2004, 21:24
 WarPig

Who clogged your toilet?

I'm with banddirector, if this crap doesn't stop I'm going to get pissed.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there is nothing I cannot do." ~ Lord Salisbury

Dec 1, 2004, 21:04
Re: TAUNT city Dec 1, 2004, 21:04
Dec 1, 2004, 21:04

Would you all please knock this toilet crap off?

Who clogged your toilet?

ehehehehe

BatmanX - fka Batman
This comment was edited on Dec 1, 21:04.

Dec 1, 2004, 20:36
Re: TAUNT city Dec 1, 2004, 20:36
Dec 1, 2004, 20:36

Would you all please knock this toilet crap off?

------------------------------------------------
Be sure to spread your goop
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Dec 1, 2004, 19:32
Re: TAUNT city Dec 1, 2004, 19:32
Dec 1, 2004, 19:32

"all your comodes are belong to us "....cant believe i posted THAT !

LOL! Don't feel bad.. I actually said "somebody set up us the watermelon!!!" last night during a match when one exploded nearby

In all honesty, I really like "say hello to my little friend" in this situation. It's right up there with "say no to crap!!", IMO

edit: I am now really wishing I had followed up my watermelon comment with "take off every sink for great justice!!"

Crap. Now I'm gonna have to find every person who was on that server just so I can use that line!
-----
"I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole."
This comment was edited on Dec 1, 19:37.
-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Dec 1, 2004, 19:23
Enahs

Re: Here is a stroke of genius..... Dec 1, 2004, 19:23
Dec 1, 2004, 19:23
 Enahs

I have no problem doing it, but what happens when they are able to record it and close your account? Then you be SOL.

That is the whole thing about the same outbound IP through router. All the steam servers see is the same account name on the same IP. Instead of "verifying" the account once, it verifies it four times. You can do this just by your self, by logging in and not logging out, just closing and the restarting, and doing it 4 times in a row. That is all steam see's.

Again though, it is still technically illegal, I guess I am just a rebel!

It is not pirating, I am just using something I bought how I want too, I am not making illegal copies of the game, just letting my brother/super close friends play my game in MY house, as I feel I have every right too.

_____
Enahs
That’s a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.
- W. C. Fields

Dec 1, 2004, 19:04
Re: Here is a stroke of genius..... Dec 1, 2004, 19:04
Dec 1, 2004, 19:04

My brother and very close friends come over quite often with their computers and we go wicked. On about 5 occasions I have had 4 people using my steam account to play stuff. Hell, my brother has spent many a weekends over here playing CS:S and now HL2 on my account.

I have no problem doing it, but what happens when they are able to record it and close your account? Then you be SOL.

/edit: Just like a *some pay sites unnamed* account but easier. *Some pay sites unnamed* can have multiple logons. *wink*

BatmanX - fka Batman
This comment was edited on Dec 1, 19:25.

Dec 1, 2004, 18:59
Enahs

Re: Here is a stroke of genius..... Dec 1, 2004, 18:59
Dec 1, 2004, 18:59
 Enahs

I don't think I will test this.

My brother and very close friends come over quite often with their computers and we go wicked. On about 5 occasions I have had 4 people using my steam account to play stuff. Hell, my brother has spent many a weekends over here playing CS:S and now HL2 on my account.

It might be illegal, but hell even console gamers get to play with “up to” 3 other people with one purchase, why can’t I? They ONLY get to do it in my house, it is not really any different than a console. Hell, with the GBA only one person needs the game, and the other person can download it into their GBA internal memory to play.

I do not pirate stuff, and I think people should not, hell, I still send in $5-$10 for the very few “shareware” pieces of software that are free, but the author/programmer ask’s for support.

However, I also do not support over control of everything.

_____
Enahs
- W. C. Fields

Dec 1, 2004, 18:40
Re: Here is a stroke of genius..... Dec 1, 2004, 18:40
Dec 1, 2004, 18:40

“As many” with reason, not like 50+, but you would have no problem with up to 5 people. That is still illegal (and part of what Valve/ (how ever you spell their craptastic distribution company as of now) is trying to stop/get reimbursed with the whole cyber café lawsuit stuff.

I don't think I will test this.

BatmanX - fka Batman

Dec 1, 2004, 18:38
Enahs

Re: Here is a stroke of genius..... Dec 1, 2004, 18:38
Dec 1, 2004, 18:38
 Enahs

Then when friends are over, we can both play DoD (original flavor)?

If you are all hooked up to the same router and have the same outbound IP, you can have as many people as you want play your single copy of HL2, let alone the original HL!

Just uhh, make sure you type the password in, and make sure auto save password is not on. Really, if they are not family/uber close I would not take the chance.

_____
Enahs
- W. C. Fields

Here is a stroke of genius.....
Dec 1, 2004, 18:28
Here is a stroke of genius..... Dec 1, 2004, 18:28
Dec 1, 2004, 18:28

Since I have purchased HL a long time ago..........can't I log into Steam with a NEW account, and purchase the GOLD package, then in theory I would own 2 copies of HL?

Then when friends are over, we can both play DoD (original flavor)?

/edit: As MrGrosser just pointed out to me, therefore I will not have wasted 40.00 from years ago when I purchased HL.

/edit2: Even better, create a new GMAIL account to match it, then someday when I don't want it, I can sell it along with the corresponding e-mail! AHA!!!!

/edit3: AND....when the price of HL2 drops off, I can purchase one and apply to my account if I so choose.

BatmanX - fka Batman
This comment was edited on Dec 1, 18:36.

Re: HL2 DM Taunt
Dec 1, 2004, 18:17
Re: HL2 DM Taunt Dec 1, 2004, 18:17
Dec 1, 2004, 18:17

jeezuz look at the Alexander mess, a story which any 1st yr film student could have made into an Epic. Thank god a non-US director made LotR.

Yes, but what if someone like Peter Jackson would do them and could do justice to them? That is what I'd like to see.

I, Robot wasn't that important to me from a "adherence to the story" point of view because it was a movie based on a collection of short stories - there was no "one" story they had to follow.

* Warhawk *

Oh yeah, she's got her head in the guy's lap alright. Yahoo.

Maybe she's sleepy.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

Dec 1, 2004, 18:10
Re: HL2 DM Taunt Dec 1, 2004, 18:10
Dec 1, 2004, 18:10

Took me a while to type it up, and I couldn't read it myself, that is why I typed it normal right after.

LOL

* Warhawk *

Oh yeah, she's got her head in the guy's lap alright. Yahoo.

Maybe she's sleepy.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

Dec 1, 2004, 17:31
Re: HL2 DM Taunt Dec 1, 2004, 17:31
Dec 1, 2004, 17:31

As a big Asimov fan, I hope this opens the door for the Foundation series to be made into movies.
I cannot see that going well.
LOL yes leave Isaac's stories ALONE, it'd be the typical Action/Kissyface horseshyt with the obligatory craptors like Angelina Jolie (how does she still get work?), Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt, Adam Sandler, etc. - bleh.

jeezuz look at the Alexander mess, a story which any 1st yr film student could have made into an Epic. Thank god a non-US director made LotR.

Dec 1, 2004, 17:27
Re: HL2 DM Taunt Dec 1, 2004, 17:27
Dec 1, 2004, 17:27

I still like my "You got stooled" taunt....but I got no action from anyone on that one. damn. back to the think tank

I liked it, but I'm too old to read that newfangled text. What happened to our young....

Wait a minute......not young over here! Don't tag me with that please, I am proud of my years!

Took me a while to type it up, and I couldn't read it myself, that is why I typed it normal right after.

BatmanX - fka Batman

i'll be here all week..
Dec 1, 2004, 17:03
i'll be here all week.. Dec 1, 2004, 17:03
Dec 1, 2004, 17:03

"its my potty and you'll cry if i taunt you"...( Robin Williams )

83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older