Vampire Patch Plans

German sites Gamesweb and PC Games Online (thanks zerra) each have word (in German) that plans are in place for a patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, addressing performance issues and other glitches in Troika's Source-engine Vampire RPG. No release schedule for the patch is projected at this time.
View : : :
102 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older

Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activi
Dec 4, 2004, 01:53
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activi Dec 4, 2004, 01:53
Dec 4, 2004, 01:53

bring it on hotdog man I will spew cheese all over ya nice and gooey. lol

Dec 3, 2004, 03:41
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activi Dec 3, 2004, 03:41
Dec 3, 2004, 03:41

No hebrew i was wrong and i stated that now just let it go.

Never. You've been marked now.

HA ha ha.

Dec 3, 2004, 00:54
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activi Dec 3, 2004, 00:54
Dec 3, 2004, 00:54

yeah i hope they get a patch for it 2. But you would think that you wouldnt need a patch as they are always testing these programs before release.

Dec 2, 2004, 15:18
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activi Dec 2, 2004, 15:18
Dec 2, 2004, 15:18

No hebrew i was wrong and i stated that now just let it go.
Peace and i do hope they fix Vampire cause its a great game when it works.

Dec 2, 2004, 02:45
Duc
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activi Dec 2, 2004, 02:45
Dec 2, 2004, 02:45
Duc

page file at 1.5 - 3 gigs, gig of ddr 400 ram, XP 3200+ 8x AGP board, latest drivers from nvidia, 40 gigs of free space on two drives on seperate ide channels, freshly defraged in an attempt to fix the stuttering problem. GeForce 6800 GT - level of performance; utterly and totally abysmal. Ran into 3 show stopping bugs:

1. Returned to my apt to find that the desks had been replaced with desks of a similar model but larger size, could no longer reach my computer to get email as it was embeded inside the desk and had to reload an earlyer game.
2. Boat loading bug CTD
3. First times I got to the final cut scene i couldn't move, had to reload the final bos fight from an earlyer autosave and attempt it twice before the level transition managed to not get me stuck in the floor.

All in all, if you didn't run into this stuff consider yourself very lucky, I wish I hadn't.

EDIT:
First ran into this on the tribes 2 forums - people would be posting things like '3 months and still CTD on startup' and it would be follwed by Iraqi Information Minister style diatribes in sub-english. Typically they would say that there were no bugs, or if there were any it was the fault of the person playing it. Strange to see its still a problem, its psychologically a very weird thing to do, even on an internet forum. I would guess its people who identify too much with the game, to the extent where an attack on it becomes an attack on themselves - do these people really have such shallow lives that computer games are acting as surogates for relationships? Seriously people its not your mom we are beating to death here.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 02:58.

Dec 1, 2004, 06:09
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activi Dec 1, 2004, 06:09
Dec 1, 2004, 06:09

Do I still need to get a "fking life"???

Is Cheese our new fredrickson???

Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activision
Nov 30, 2004, 21:32
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activision Nov 30, 2004, 21:32
Nov 30, 2004, 21:32

what part of my post didnt you understand? if i accused you of not liking vampire how is that incoherent? not flamming you but show me what part is incoherent ok. and i too misunderstood your post but i dont belive i replyed in a incoherrent way?

Ok i reread it and mean all of it including the correction, I did make a valid point however and that is if your having a problem with a game why not post the problem on there web site? thats all i was saying there if you think theres a hint of me saying something different than that then check your eyes.

Agian after relizing blues is a good place to post problems i said sorry like a man. wtf did i do there that was incoherrent my gosh. O if your not picture perfect you wont get liked here huh? lol this is not a spelling bee its a game forum and I defend the games i like PERIOD bye...............

I agree with your post btw bro i did misunderstand it and owe you a appoligy but dont try and put me down or be funny by saying it was incohherent cause you are the one to read it carefully ok....

And ive never seen someone post not in there own behalf now thats a little incoherrent, kinda like your posting in the Third person but you at least made a point which after reading it i get.

And if you really cared about Troika you would be posting mad like I am a little wild i might add but this Vampire has got me all workd up in a fevor its that good and if ppl dont see it or dismiss it IM DOOMED yes cause i will prob never get to see a sequal.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 21:49.

Nov 30, 2004, 18:59
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activision Nov 30, 2004, 18:59
Nov 30, 2004, 18:59

Cheese:

#1--you totally misunderstood my post, but that figures based on your dealings in this forum. I never said whether or not I like Vampire; I merely hinted to the fact that some close friends of mine who WORK for Troika can't patch this AWESOME game (who cares if I'm biased) if they're not getting PAID to do it!

#2--your post is incoherant..you could take 2 extra minutes & type something that EVERYONE can understand, not just you. Try proofreading what you've just typed & maybe go back & re-read the post you're replying to before rattling off something & clicking SUBMIT.

#3--patch or no patch, the story is what has me sold on this installment of Vampire...I think it's up to the entire gaming community, which includes forums such as Blue's Clues to make a strong enough impact that MIGHT influece the publisher to refuel the developer...that & I make a cameo in the game, but that's another story...cheers, everyone else!

UPDATE: Thanks for your update Cheese...I saw it right after my post.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 19:00.

Nov 30, 2004, 18:45
Re: Troika's fate in the hands of Activision Nov 30, 2004, 18:45
Nov 30, 2004, 18:45

Dont worrie you will never be compared to me you see your complaining about Vampire, I wasnt.

Next.....

Oh when there is a game I dont like I know where to post about it if im having problems and want them to get solved quick, wha you say where is it you post then cheese to get faster responses, Doh the blinking developers or publishers web site LOL not blues..

Oh blue is great for smacking down cry babies that choose to cry about a game on a open forum, I know alot of ppl do it but do you really think that your post would be beter addresed on Troikas forum or here? If you say here then i deem you a retard, nothing you say can convince me that if you have a problem you should'nt take it to the ppl you have a problem with not a open forum LOL.. peace..................

UPDATE:
But i dont think your wrong for posting here cause here is where certian topics are started and BLUES is respected by the entire gamming community so i must not erase what i said above but appoligize cause the cheese is WRONG on that one.

It is a smart way to reeach developers and i owe all who complained about Vampire here a big sorry, I was thinking that why are they crying here instead of the ppl who made it , but i thought a little about that and must say im wrong lol.. still peace and i hope you all get vampire to run as im running it.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 18:55.

Troika's fate in the hands of Activision
Nov 30, 2004, 18:26
Troika's fate in the hands of Activision Nov 30, 2004, 18:26
Nov 30, 2004, 18:26

...or another "savior" publisher...(as I zip on my flameproof suit)...i'm not a regular here so if you must disregard this post, be my guest.

Just wanted to throw out my .02 in the mix. Basically, Creston hit this one on the nail by suggesting that the only way VtMB is going to get patches is if Troika either does it for free (e.g. "ToEE") or Activision throws us gamers' a bone by paying these guys enough $$$ to properly fix the major glitches...hey, they could even write up a new contract for another game while they're at it!!

I'm not posting here for my own benefit either, as I am honestly concerned with some members of the Troika team being able to put food on the table, pay their abhorrently overpriced SoCal rent, even buy their own gawrsh-dern game!! Does anyone on this board realize that most of Troika is out of work? It goes without saying that they are incredibly skilled in making the RPGs we all want (& need...& crave)..my only hope is for this game to exceed expectations from their publisher *cough* 4ct1v1s10n & get another game deal to these talented guys PRONTO! And no, i don't work for any of them either.

Okay, so that's my rant...stepping off soapbox...before I'm relegated to 'Cheez-like' status, honestly tell me (here in this forum) what you all think?? Should Troika be forced to find work elsewhere or will the gaming community rally around their latest offering--Vampire:Bloodlines--enough for publishers to notice??

My e-mail inbox awaits...

Re: trust no one
Nov 29, 2004, 14:12
Re: trust no one Nov 29, 2004, 14:12
Nov 29, 2004, 14:12

Wow, I leave for one day and we have a new troll?

Cheese. I just want to point something out to you.

You're really annoying. And in the bad way.

I don't know why Scottish has wasted his energy responding to you.

LOL , are you not wasting your time responding? or you just dont like others to respond just yourself? which is it?
And you leave for a while and come back like your something special i gather?

LOL you have anything to add about the game? no crying please just a constructive tip or anything?

Thought so stop trolling me and if you dont like the way i post theres really nothing you can do about it, I like defending games that are good which is ALL i was doing you want to get personal get a fking life i dont care what you think who you are or how you smell. go F yourself hebrew.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 14:14.

Nov 29, 2004, 14:04
Re: trust no one Nov 29, 2004, 14:04
Nov 29, 2004, 14:04

I PITY ALL THE FOOS WHO MISS OUT ON THIS GAME!

Nov 29, 2004, 13:18
Re: trust no one Nov 29, 2004, 13:18
Nov 29, 2004, 13:18

SMA, just ignore him, I for one agree with you.

Re: Don't
Nov 29, 2004, 03:36
Re: Don't Nov 29, 2004, 03:36
Nov 29, 2004, 03:36

Game feels pretty complete to me, perhaps you are not using an NVidia card for the game?

I'm using a BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC with the 66.93 Forceware drivers.

Nov 29, 2004, 00:32
Re: Don't Nov 29, 2004, 00:32
Nov 29, 2004, 00:32

so, any way to skip the opening?

Nov 28, 2004, 23:48
Re: Don't Nov 28, 2004, 23:48
Nov 28, 2004, 23:48

I haven't had any problems other than spelling errors and a wonky elevator.

How far into the game are you? I'm near the end and thus far I've encountered:

4 game-stopping bugs.
Countless graphical glitches (robotic animations, gliding, super-fast animations, out-of-sync animations, flickering textures, model distortion, etc).
Memory leaks (I have to restart the game after 4 hours of gameplay because I run out of virtual memory).
A myriad of typos.
Various audio problems (NPC conversations getting cut short, sound skipping during dialogue, lack of sound during certain dialogue, etc).

Simply put, the game is in a sorry state. Aside from the many technical shortcomings, I still find the game to be deeply engrossing and entertaining, a testament to the quality of the RPG buried beneath all the bugs. If the upcoming patch addresses all the problems, then the quality gameplay will finally be able to shine through. Until then, I'd hold off.

I've had ONE crash, that's it. No problems during gameplay at all. Game feels pretty complete to me, perhaps you are not using an NVidia card for the game? If you are then make sure you have the latest driver. I'd say any glitches are inherent from the Source engine because all the glitches I've noticed are the same ones I seen in HL2 before it got patched.

One thing odd is that I have 1Gb of RAM, yet the game recommends 512Mb, and on game exit there is a lot of hard disk thrashing like I don't have enough for the game.

Nov 28, 2004, 23:44
Re: Don't Nov 28, 2004, 23:44
Nov 28, 2004, 23:44

To guy number 2:

If you read the back of the box it has the NVidia logo on it, and I think it comes up with the "The way it's meant to be played" logo on startup. I see you have an ATI card, maybe that is the problem even though the box says that all ATI Radeon chipsets are supported.

I have had ONE crash the whole time I have been playing, and have experienced the odd glitch on entering some areas sometimes (the same glitch that appears in HL2 with all the colored triangles on screen). I have a GeForce FX 5600, not the best performer in the lineup but reliable.

I liked the Haunted House quest, like a bolt of adrenaline shot thru me when that first lightbulb blows - totally shat meself. I've taken the cab to the downtown area, and from what I have played so far it is a far better game than Half-Life 2 although in a different genre mind you. If this game were an action adventure instead of a fullon RPG it would blow HL2 away.

Shh!
Nov 28, 2004, 21:01
Shh! Nov 28, 2004, 21:01
Nov 28, 2004, 21:01

Lordy... Lordy whats all that noise in hear!!
now where has that darn cat got to.........
Mouse has at all the Cheese again

Re: Cool
Nov 28, 2004, 19:56
Re: Cool Nov 28, 2004, 19:56
Nov 28, 2004, 19:56

Wow, I leave for one day and we have a new troll?

Cheese. I just want to point something out to you.

You're really annoying. And in the bad way.

I don't know why Scottish has wasted his energy responding to you, but i'll give him credit for sticking to the facts and stating his opinion without constantly saying things like "OMG WTF" and "get a fking life" etc. I'm sure most of those sentiments were going through his head whilst reading your posts, and I commend him on the tremendous physical/mental discipline it must take to not put those thoughts to the keyboard.

Perhaps you should learn that kind of discipline yourself.

You told SMA that its a big world and other people are entitled to their opinions, that not everyone has the same experience. Then you chastise him [poorly I might add] for expressing some of those very opinions [backed up with explanations] on an open forum?

Duh.

Cool
Nov 28, 2004, 17:21
Cool Nov 28, 2004, 17:21
Nov 28, 2004, 17:21

Good stuff. I'll be glad if the patch solves some stuttering and loading problems. Maybe thats a Source problem. I usually solved all problems by putting texture quality to LOW.. both on HL2 and Bloodlines.

With a lowley 9700 Pro, no less. Still, it's a great game.

102 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older