10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Nov 18, 2004, 12:03
nin

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Nov 18, 2004, 12:03
Nov 18, 2004, 12:03
 nin

OTOH, if they want to buy and re-release Iron Giant so people could actually SEE it, that would be great.

You know there's a special edition dvd that came out last week for the one, right? It's been delayed forever...

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk

Nov 17, 2004, 19:00
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 19:00
Nov 17, 2004, 19:00

I've felt that many of the animated features of the past ten years were the best films of the year. Hunchback never got the critical acclaim it deserved, nor did Iron Giant, Toy Story, Prince of Egypt (which was better than the Demille version!), and now Incredibles (my favorite movie this year).

Disney's in-house animation unit has been ruined by Eisner, but when he goes I think the Disney family will insist on returning the studio to greatness, possibly by re-uniting with Pixar.

As for Cars, the team working on it is the least best of the three Pixar teams, but even they have yet to produce a bad film. And I think any sequel to an animated film is a bad idea, even Toy Story 2 (what did this really ADD?). So I'm praying for no Incredibles sequel, to maintain the greatness of the original. OTOH, if they want to buy and re-release Iron Giant so people could actually SEE it, that would be great.

And we were supposed to get a new Fantasia every few years, maybe one day that dream will come true too.

PS. TiVo will still skip commercials, it will just display something in the corner of the screen while you are skipping which you simply ignore.

Nov 17, 2004, 14:45
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 14:45
Nov 17, 2004, 14:45

I thought Cars was the last Disney/Pixar team-up?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to google for this kind of info?

Anyway, you're right. Disney owns the rights to both The Incredibles and Cars. Which sucks. The Incredibles has definite sequel potential, but Disney would just run it into the ground.

Source: http://corporate.pixar.com/news/20040129-127764.cfm

Nov 17, 2004, 14:28
nin

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 14:28
Nov 17, 2004, 14:28
 nin

I thought Cars was the last Disney/Pixar team-up? And yeah, it looks dumb as hell. But given Pixar's record so far, I'll allow one slip up...

Nov 17, 2004, 13:55
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 13:55
Nov 17, 2004, 13:55

I want to know who has rights to The Incredibles. To me, hands down, it was the best Pixar flick, and I'd hate to see Disney ruin it.

Agreed... and bad news. Disney owns the rights.

The first completely independant Pixar movie will be Cars.

Which I have absolutely zero interest in seeing at this point. Based on the preview in The Incredibles it's geared toward the NASCAR dads. Ick.

Nov 17, 2004, 13:38
nin

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 13:38
Nov 17, 2004, 13:38
 nin

Dammit! Does anyone really think Disney can make Toy Story 3 *not* suck? No Pixar = No good.

I truly believe they'll ruin it. Disney has a wonderful habit of making one good movie, and then milking it by releasing direct to video sequels.

I want to know who has rights to The Incredibles. To me, hands down, it was the best Pixar flick, and I'd hate to see Disney ruin it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Nov 17, 2004, 13:09
LSD
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 13:09
Nov 17, 2004, 13:09
LSD

Dammit! Does anyone really think Disney can make Toy Story 3 *not* suck? No Pixar = No good.

Re: Speakers
Nov 17, 2004, 12:49
Re: Speakers Nov 17, 2004, 12:49
Nov 17, 2004, 12:49

Number 11 is not buying studio monitors.

Is that saying studio monitors are good or bad??? I've considered hooking them up to my system, but I didn't think they'd get loud enough before distorting.

Re: Speakers
Nov 17, 2004, 10:51
Re: Speakers Nov 17, 2004, 10:51
Nov 17, 2004, 10:51

Actually surprisingly good advice in that article (for a bunch of ht guys ;-)). I love all the "bose" references. Hilarious. The best comment, "You bought good speakers with excellent reputations and let your spousal unit or companion persuade you to put them out of sight inside an antique armoire or entertainment unit." Speakers inside furniture....wow. The sad thing about the article is that it missed the most basic advice on speakers - how you position your speakers is critical. He did discuss boundary effects with subwoofers, but people need to understand that you have to properly position your speakers in order to have any chance of good imaging. But a good article, nonetheless.

Speakers
Nov 17, 2004, 09:32
Speakers Nov 17, 2004, 09:32
Nov 17, 2004, 09:32

Summary of Home Theater Shopping list: Buy cheap products, get cheap sound. :/ Basically, he suggests buying speakers and receivers from companies with a solid history in such products (Paradigm, Klipsch, Yamaha, etc...). That means big bucks any way you look at it. If you want a quality receiver with 90+W per channel you're going to pay for it.

Any quality system (i.e. not your all-in-one home theater in a box) is going to be more than enough for the vast majority of people. The big jumps in performance are really from home-theater-in-a-box (probably a few hundred) to a mid range system with seperately purchases components (probably between 1 and 2 grand), and then from the mid range to the high end THX Ultra-2 certified beasts that aim to recreate and most times surpass your local theater in the room you probably specially built for the task (now we are talking over 10 grand). You need to be a serious audiophile to really care beyond that; however, if that is the case, you probably also want to spend a few grand on cables for the system and there really isn't much help for you.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older