Euro The Moment of Silence on DVD

A moment of silence for the CD, please: Europe continues to lead the way when it comes to DVD game releases, as this announcement reveals that The Moment of Silence will be distributed in several European territories on DVD only:
Britsoft publisher Digital Jesters has announced that, following consultation with adventure games fans the world over, the UK, Scandinavian, Benelux and South African retail version of its staggering cinematic adventure The Moment of Silence will come on DVD-only.

www.momentofsilence.com/battlestar now also contains TV Spots for The Moment of Silence's sponsership of Battlestar Galactica.
View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Oct 22, 2004, 21:09
Cy
Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 21:09
Oct 22, 2004, 21:09
Cy

But yeah - they DEFINATELY need to steer clear of the love stories. Nobody wants to see that crap. I mean c'mon guys (i.e. writers @ the Sci-Fi channel), do you honestly think women are watching BATTLESTAR GALACTICA REMAKES on the Sci-Fi channel? Please. Keep that crap out of it and stick to making quality series that guys want to see.

In short: don't screw it up.

Hate to break the news but the majority of the cash for this was stumped up by Sky. That's why it is premiering on Sky One in the UK. Which as the 6th most watched channel (and first among satelite and cable channels) means it does have a LOT of women viewers.

If you also factor in the fact that a lot of fans of the orginal are by now middle aged and married and you come to the conclusion that yes women will see it (my wife saw it - but then hey I have to put up with the L word)

The final nail in the coffin is the fact there are only around 50,000 humans left. This means they need babies fast and as unfortunatly humans can't just shag anything whose butt smells good means there is almost certainly going to be continuing love stories in the series!

PS I still ain't bought a DVD drive and this one ain't changing my mind =)

Oct 22, 2004, 16:20
Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 16:20
Oct 22, 2004, 16:20

It's the retailers that tell publishers what format they want product.

In Europe shelf space is at a premium and game boxes are small DVD cases, retailers see value in small and light and know that almost everyone of their customers have DVD-ROM drives and recon that cost saving versus addressing entire market are fine. Distributors love this because one DVD is cheaper to make than three CDs, and they only have to put one disk in box (packing is therefore cheaper too).

In USA retailers believe that customers think large boxes with lots of disks equals better value for money product "it's got to be better it's on six CDs". They also don't want to miss out on any possible customer who may not have DVD-ROM drive.

That's the difference, simple when you know isn't it?

As mentioned in HL2 on DVD in UK thread, Konami are DVD-ROM only too in Europe; and the number of titles in this format grows by the day.

StooMonster

No subject
Oct 22, 2004, 16:03
No subject Oct 22, 2004, 16:03
Oct 22, 2004, 16:03

Oh yeah, and re: DVDs ...

I don't know why we're so far behind the times here in the States. Most games now come on 3-5 CDs, and it's maddening to keep changing them out during installation. Let alone that the cases don't fit in my CD rack.

We should've been DVD-standard like 2 years ago.

No subject
Oct 22, 2004, 16:00
No subject Oct 22, 2004, 16:00
Oct 22, 2004, 16:00

I loved the pilot episode. I can't wait to see the full series.

But yeah - they DEFINATELY need to steer clear of the love stories. Nobody wants to see that crap. I mean c'mon guys (i.e. writers @ the Sci-Fi channel), do you honestly think women are watching BATTLESTAR GALACTICA REMAKES on the Sci-Fi channel? Please. Keep that crap out of it and stick to making quality series that guys want to see.

In short: don't screw it up.

Re: Battlestar Galactica sux dik
Oct 22, 2004, 15:21
Re: Battlestar Galactica sux dik Oct 22, 2004, 15:21
Oct 22, 2004, 15:21

- 1. The central cliche/theme of the whole show is:
All men are weak, spineless and unsure of what to do in ANY situation (except for Adama); all women are strong, self assured, decisive, take-charge Leaders. It was like "Charlies Angels in Space", or watching a show produced and directed by Gloria Steinen and Molly Yard for some 1980's Feminist "I Am Woman Hear Me Roar!" channel. *puke*.

Are you still pissed that Starbuck is a woman? Really, I don't see what you're talking about here. In what instances were men in a situation in which they didn't know what to do? It actually seems to me that it was the women who seemed to be indecisive (Boomer when she had to leave her co-pilot behind, only doing so at his insistence, the President when she had to decide whether or not to leave behind the rest of the armada during the Cylon attack, only making a decision after Apollo laid it all out for her, etc.)

- 2. The ENDLESS syrupy, slurpy, shmoopy-woopy kissy face "Hollywood Formula" TV Romance bullshyt. It's like they have a room full of 14 year old girls writing this sappy crap.

The only romantic subplot I've seen is the kiss between the President's aide and the black chick that runs the radar systems on the bridge, and that was almost nothing. Oh and Balzar and his Cylon ho, but who cares. It's not that immature.

I'll watch the first episode when it comes out in Jan to see if they've come to their senses, but if it's as much of an ABOMINATION as the mini-series i'll not let it contaminate my tv set any further with it's stink. P.U.

The original TV series was waaaaaay more campy and cheesy than this remake, how could you possibly have enjoyed the original series if you hated this one? I thought the miniseries was good and the first TV episode was every bit as good as the miniseries. The new BG is a hell of a lot better than any of the Star Trek crap out there, or Farscape or any of that other sci-fi schlock that somehow is getting funded and produced these days. We could do worse.

Oct 22, 2004, 15:15
pob
Re: Battlestar Galactica sux dik Oct 22, 2004, 15:15
Oct 22, 2004, 15:15
pob

"now also contains TV Spots for The Moment of Silence's sponsership of Battlestar Galactica"

......surely its sponsorship?

Oct 22, 2004, 14:26
Re: Battlestar Galactica sux dik Oct 22, 2004, 14:26
Oct 22, 2004, 14:26

Did anyone see the first episode of the new series on Sky One?
zowie, here in the US it doesn't start til Jan 2005!

every bit as good as the mini-series.
EWWW!
The 2 reasons i despised the mini-series -

- 1. The central cliche/theme of the whole show is:
All men are weak, spineless and unsure of what to do in ANY situation (except for Adama); all women are strong, self assured, decisive, take-charge Leaders. It was like "Charlies Angels in Space", or watching a show produced and directed by Gloria Steinen and Molly Yard for some 1980's Feminist "I Am Woman Hear Me Roar!" channel. *puke*.

- 2. The ENDLESS syrupy, slurpy, shmoopy-woopy kissy face "Hollywood Formula" TV Romance bullshyt. It's like they have a room full of 14 year old girls writing this sappy crap.

I'll watch the first episode when it comes out in Jan to see if they've come to their senses, but if it's as much of an ABOMINATION as the mini-series i'll not let it contaminate my tv set any further with it's stink. P.U.

Oct 22, 2004, 11:35
Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 11:35
Oct 22, 2004, 11:35

Well all have DVD drives, except for that one dude - and the publishers are scared he won't be able to buy their games.

No subject
Oct 22, 2004, 10:46
No subject Oct 22, 2004, 10:46
Oct 22, 2004, 10:46

What's up with you guys in the states? Hurry up and start buying some dvd drives...

Re: Battlestar Galactica
Oct 22, 2004, 10:17
Cy
Re: Battlestar Galactica Oct 22, 2004, 10:17
Oct 22, 2004, 10:17
Cy

Yeah I saw it - was alright, still pretty slow though and those ads for Moment of Silence look like pants!

"A cinematic adventure" haven't heard crap like that for a few years.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 10:18.

Re: Battlestar Galactica
Oct 22, 2004, 10:15
Re: Battlestar Galactica Oct 22, 2004, 10:15
Oct 22, 2004, 10:15

DVD only? Ahh that's the sound of progress.

Battlestar Galactica
Oct 22, 2004, 10:06
sir
Battlestar Galactica Oct 22, 2004, 10:06
Oct 22, 2004, 10:06
sir

Did anyone see the first episode of the new series on Sky One? It's early days yet, but it looks to be every bit as good as the mini-series.

I think
Oct 22, 2004, 09:15
I think Oct 22, 2004, 09:15
Oct 22, 2004, 09:15

all games should be on DVD. If you can afford a PC that can actually play today's games, you can afford a 30 dollar DVD drive.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older