Star Wars Battlefront Patch

This LucasArts Entertainment Support Page now offers downloads of a new Star Wars Battlefront patch, updating the Star Wars shooter to version 1.01. The update incorporates a few tweaks and fixes. Some or all of the various language editions of the patch are mirrored on 3D Gamers, FileFront, and Worthplaying.
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Oct 8, 2004, 11:51
Flo

Re: No subject Oct 8, 2004, 11:51
Oct 8, 2004, 11:51
 Flo

Since this patch fixed 3rd party server browser compatibility (i.e. ASE) I'va had some pretty satisfying battlefront games today. This game definitely needs an expansion with some high quality maps, though. Some of the maps aren't that impressive at all. Hoth and Kamino are my favorites.
Oh and I think i'll wait until the german retail edition of T:V is being released later this month, no need to spend 50 bucks on a game without a stand-alone dedicated server available on U.S. release.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 11:54.
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

Oct 7, 2004, 22:45
Re: No subject Oct 7, 2004, 22:45
Oct 7, 2004, 22:45

Try Tribes: V or go get Dawn of War if you're into RTS.

I have Battlefront and STILL after all of this patching/simple inteface and lag issues, I prefer this to T:V anyday. The gameplay of Tribes is definately more refined but it's nothing new these days.

Edit: The gameplay of T:V that is. The other Tribes games still have more depth than T:V, which to me is just retarded since Tribes is known for it's DEPTH. That's what keeps me coming back to play T1/T2 years after I bought them.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 23:06.

I love it!
Oct 7, 2004, 22:37
I love it! Oct 7, 2004, 22:37
Oct 7, 2004, 22:37

I'm not a fan of the Battlefield games at all and I was a big fan of Star Wars in my youth. Playing this game brings back all the good memories I had back then. This is the Star Wars game I've been waiting forever for. Sure its not perfect but it sure is far from poor. After buying the trilogy and playing this game it feels like I'm a kid again playing with my action figures! I'm glad I have had the chance to feel the magic of SW again after all these years.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

Oct 7, 2004, 22:05
Re: No subject Oct 7, 2004, 22:05
Oct 7, 2004, 22:05

Yeah, a very unremarkable game. I would highly suggest that you at least hold off for a demo. There is not enough there to justify even $40. Try Tribes: V or go get Dawn of War if you're into RTS. Ive heard great things about Rome: Total war too. Way too many great games out right now...dont bother with battlefront.

Oct 7, 2004, 22:02
Re: No subject Oct 7, 2004, 22:02
Oct 7, 2004, 22:02

someone tell me when they release the patch that gives lucas arts their balls back.. seriously from dark forces and tie fighter to this piece of crap game? Yoda was right the shroud of the dark side has indeed fallen..

Oct 7, 2004, 21:33
Re: No subject Oct 7, 2004, 21:33
Oct 7, 2004, 21:33

it gets soooo boring after you played through the campaigns. its all the same maps, and they are not very big either. It was awesome at the beginning (I almost pissed my pants when I saw the AT-ATs moving in my direction) but it is extremely repeative when you know all maps.
I still play hoth from time to time. best map in the game.

Multiplayer is slow and laggy as shit, I dont play it anymore.

________
I'm not... gonna... cry... you... dumb... doo-doo brain!
This comment was edited on Oct 7, 21:35.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

No subject
Oct 7, 2004, 21:09
No subject Oct 7, 2004, 21:09
Oct 7, 2004, 21:09

this game kicks ass and i think the bots are much better than any other vehicle based multiplayer fps's..

the graphics arent just good they are fantastic..they blow away bf1942 and bfvietnam easy and can do the same things those games do..better

detail is great on maps like mos eisley and docks

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)
This comment was edited on Oct 7, 21:19.
Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

Re: cool
Oct 7, 2004, 20:38
Re: cool Oct 7, 2004, 20:38
Oct 7, 2004, 20:38

I like it. Like zombi says though the latency/network performance is utter garbage. I'm sure it put a lot of people off but I have high hopes for this patch. If it doesn't do what its supposed to though I'll be trading it in for credit and I'll go pick up Tribes :V for this weekend. Theres just no excuse for games to be shipped in this state. Not at $50 a pop anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What Would Fred Do?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Oct 7, 2004, 20:36
Re: cool Oct 7, 2004, 20:36
Oct 7, 2004, 20:36

To the people that bought it right away - is it still fun? Turned lame quickly? Getting better?

The game is addictive but it does have some technical issues. I dont see many big fixes described in the patch but I'll try it later and see.

Oct 7, 2004, 20:33
Re: cool Oct 7, 2004, 20:33
Oct 7, 2004, 20:33

I don't know... difficult to find a human populated server for me.

Latency is terrible as I can't seem to find anything in the green. Ping isn't represented by a number either, just four bars banding from red to green as performance improves with no option that I can see of quantifying the pretty colors.

Bots are terrible - original UT quality in their finest moments but still highly predictable and prey-like in their behavior.

Graphics and animation are ... 'good'. They serve the purpose of making clear to you what's going on. What you may not see in any screenshots is that prior to shipping ("duh"?) the softening-bloom effect has been added (Played the MGS3 demo yet? They've actually pulled if off there too!). My main gripes are low-rez textures (well, not high enough to surfaces appear 'crisp' regardless of anisotropic setiings for my spoil't ass) and same-same running animations whether carrying an anti-tank weapon or pistol.

Third-person or first-person view toggled with but a single keystroke... eh~ everything's standard BF'42 really. Never tried BF'42 but this seems satisfying enough for someone who doesn't know any better.

-Z

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 20:33.

Oct 7, 2004, 20:30
Ant

Re: cool Oct 7, 2004, 20:30
Oct 7, 2004, 20:30
 Ant

ZzeusS: This would be the second patch. The first one was v1.00a I think.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

cool
Oct 7, 2004, 20:14
cool Oct 7, 2004, 20:14
Oct 7, 2004, 20:14

First patch. Maybe I'll pick this up, now.

To the people that bought it right away - is it still fun? Turned lame quickly? Getting better?

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older